• The Ashes 2019

Hi everyone,

It seems like Wimbledon and the Cricket World Cup have only just finished and now here we are, The Ashes!

So here's a place to share all things cricket

What're your predictions - will England win the Ashes trophy back?
    Should England have included Archer in the team?

Name:  theashes2019.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  246.4 KB

Pic taken by one of the PP team who's lucky enough to be at the Ashes for its opening day
  • Hi everyone,

It seems like Wimbledon and the Cricket World Cup have only just finished and now here we are, The Ashes!

So here's a place to share all things cricket

What're your predictions - will England win the Ashes trophy back?
    Should England have included Archer in the team?

Name:  theashes2019.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  246.4 KB

Pic taken by one of the PP team who's lucky enough to be at the Ashes for its opening day
  • GREAT start by England! I did ruin it by turnong off TMS and putting the TV on. I've fixed that now though
  • GREAT start by England! I did ruin it by turnong off TMS and putting the TV on. I've fixed that now though
  • Smith's century yesterday was a teeeeny bit frustrating

Don't like hearing the crowds booing though.
    Some great batting

Let's see what happens on day 2
  • Smith's century yesterday was a teeeeny bit frustrating

Don't like hearing the crowds booing though.
    Some great batting

Let's see what happens on day 2
  • I was so frustrated how we let them off for <200 for 8 to a decent score. Smiths innings was brilliant - but I loved the booing and cries of cheat. It’s an ashes game and I don’t mind getting into the oppos head if we can. In time I’ll forgive him!

Burns innings yesterday was equally as good. Would like to see us build a decent lead today then really go at the Aussies with our bowlers.
  • I was so frustrated how we let them off for <200 for 8 to a decent score. Smiths innings was brilliant - but I loved the booing and cries of cheat. It’s an ashes game and I don’t mind getting into the oppos head if we can. In time I’ll forgive him!

Burns innings yesterday was equally as good. Would like to see us build a decent lead today then really go at the Aussies with our bowlers.
  • It's so close, and so much in the balance... I'm the preacher in church tomorrow, people will notice if I check the score. I guess I could pray for a rain-delayed start, but that seems a bit selfish...
  • It's so close, and so much in the balance... I'm the preacher in church tomorrow, people will notice if I check the score. I guess I could pray for a rain-delayed start, but that seems a bit selfish...
  • Great cricket with plenty of interesting incidents - please no rain 😂😂
  • Great cricket with plenty of interesting incidents - please no rain 😂😂
  • I’ve just watched Steve Smith take a full hit to the side of the head from Stokes delivery - his helmet saved him from serious injury.
  • I’ve just watched Steve Smith take a full hit to the side of the head from Stokes delivery - his helmet saved him from serious injury.
  • I’m saying nothing 😂
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • I’m saying nothing 😂
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • Name:  helmet.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  1.7 KBprobably for the best ...it just wouldn't be cricket....
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post
    I’m saying nothing ������
  • Name:  helmet.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  1.7 KBprobably for the best ...it just wouldn't be cricket....
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post
    I’m saying nothing ������
  • Now, we don’t want to get into the realms of “Bodyline” , although it would be great viewing material. 🏏🏏🏏🥊🥊🥊
  • Now, we don’t want to get into the realms of “Bodyline” , although it would be great viewing material. 🏏🏏🏏🥊🥊🥊
  • Best of five, remember!
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Best of five, remember!
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• I hate cricket
  • I hate cricket
  • Quote Originally Posted by Jowl View Post
    I hate cricket
    Always, or just since yesterday?
    I hate cricket
  • Quote Originally Posted by stephenrand View Post
    Just since yesterday! With a bit of luck I’ll love it again next week!!
  • Quote Originally Posted by stephenrand View Post
    Just since yesterday! With a bit of luck I’ll love it again next week!!
  • Is it just me or based off this BBC article are most of our hopes for winning the next test actually down to Australia making some sort of mistake, more than England putting in a strong performance?

Also hoping the weather is OK as currently Weds is forecast to be stormy in a lot of places
  • Is it just me or based off this BBC article are most of our hopes for winning the next test actually down to Australia making some sort of mistake, more than England putting in a strong performance?

Also hoping the weather is OK as currently Weds is forecast to be stormy in a lot of places
  • Owch... draw... thank you Broad for saving us

Here's hoping we can win the next test (loss, to draw, maybe means a win is next?) and then come back fighting in the 4th
  • Owch... draw... thank you Broad for saving us

Here's hoping we can win the next test (loss, to draw, maybe means a win is next?) and then come back fighting in the 4th
    I hate cricket
    Well, that's it.

I'm on Jowl's wavelength now.

I hate cricket
    Well, that's it.

• Quote Originally Posted by Nataly View Post
    Well, that's it.

Me? I LOVE Cricket!!
  • Quote Originally Posted by Nataly View Post
    Well, that's it.

Me? I LOVE Cricket!!
    Me? I LOVE Cricket!!
    such a rollercoaster.

Can you believe we decided not to bother recording Sunday's cricket (we were out all day)

Incredible from Stokes
    Me? I LOVE Cricket!!
    such a rollercoaster.

Can you believe we decided not to bother recording Sunday's cricket (we were out all day)

Incredible from Stokes
  • Hoping the Burns/Root partnership may give us half a chance. Fingers and toes crossed.

Can't bear to watch...
  • Hoping the Burns/Root partnership may give us half a chance. Fingers and toes crossed.

Can't bear to watch...