• Starting date with Pure \Plant is wrong. How do I get hold of someone to get the right start date

Hi

I have just switched to Pure Planet through MSE. the start date of my new tariff should be 5 September 2019 not 18 August 2019 as stated in an email I have just received from the Company. How do I get my start date changed with Pure Planet?
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Hi

I have just switched to Pure Planet through MSE. the start date of my new tariff should be 5 September 2019 not 18 August 2019 as stated in an email I have just received from the Company. How do I get my start date changed with Pure Planet?
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Quote Originally Posted by L Hart View Post
    Hi

Hi there
    All the info given by Pure Planet before joining explains that the switching process takes 17 days. Here's the quote

"Once you have completed the sign-up process in the Pure Planet app or at purepla.net, we'll start your switch. We send you a welcome pack by email, confirming the details of your switch. This includes your tariff information, your Direct Debit details, and the start date of your supply. It takes 17 days for us to fully switch your supply."

So if you joined today I would expect the switch to complete on 18th August.

You don't explain why the 5 September date is so important. My memory is from previous posts is that if you want supply to start on a particular day, count back 17 days and start your switch on that date.

I guess that if you have joined today, you could cancel your switch and start again in a couple of weeks time.

Hope that helps
    Stephen

- - - Updated - - -

I go through MSE cheap energy club. My present contract expires on 5 September 2019. I was hoping that information would have been passed on via MSE but it appears it hasn't.
    ​So how do i egt hings corrected?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, why is it so difficult to get through to someone from Pure Planet to answer such straight forward questions. It feels like I am up against a massive boulder. Very frustrating.
    Hello again
    This is not meant to sound patronising, but it's always worth doing a bit of research before switching to a new supplier. One of their key features is that they are app-based only, no call centres. It's one of the reasons their prices are so competitive.

You might find this FAQ helpful:
    https://community.purepla.net/conten...site#ckb_start

Finally, I don't think an early switch will matter, I think you can switch within 30 days of the end of a contract without penalty. Woz says 49 - he'll be right!

Feel free to keep asking questions! Not many suppliers have a customer forum like this!

Stephen
    Last edited by stephenrand; 01-08-19 at 15:24.
  • Quote Originally Posted by L Hart View Post
    Hi

Hi there
    All the info given by Pure Planet before joining explains that the switching process takes 17 days. Here's the quote

"Once you have completed the sign-up process in the Pure Planet app or at purepla.net, we'll start your switch. We send you a welcome pack by email, confirming the details of your switch. This includes your tariff information, your Direct Debit details, and the start date of your supply. It takes 17 days for us to fully switch your supply."

So if you joined today I would expect the switch to complete on 18th August.

You don't explain why the 5 September date is so important. My memory is from previous posts is that if you want supply to start on a particular day, count back 17 days and start your switch on that date.

I guess that if you have joined today, you could cancel your switch and start again in a couple of weeks time.

Hope that helps
    Stephen

- - - Updated - - -

I go through MSE cheap energy club. My present contract expires on 5 September 2019. I was hoping that information would have been passed on via MSE but it appears it hasn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, why is it so difficult to get through to someone from Pure Planet to answer such straight forward questions. It feels like I am up against a massive boulder. Very frustrating.
    Hello again
    This is not meant to sound patronising, but it's always worth doing a bit of research before switching to a new supplier. One of their key features is that they are app-based only, no call centres. It's one of the reasons their prices are so competitive.

You might find this FAQ helpful:
    https://community.purepla.net/conten...site#ckb_start

Finally, I don't think an early switch will matter, I think you can switch within 30 days of the end of a contract without penalty. Woz says 49 - he'll be right!

Feel free to keep asking questions! Not many suppliers have a customer forum like this!

Stephen

• Hi L Hart,

Welcome to the Community Forum for PP customers.

Can you tell us where you got your start date of 5th Sep from.....the reason I ask is that until the "switching process" has completed (not started) then PP cannot give you an account start date. The start date is not controlled by the 3rd party switching site.

Just a thought.

Hi

If you initiated your switch within 49 days of your original supply contract end date.....then you will not be liable for any exit penalty charges from your old supplier, if that was the cause of your concern.

So on the assumption that PP was a "better deal" then all should be good.
    Last edited by Gray4276; 01-08-19 at 14:52. Reason: More info following other member responses.
    Gray4276
  • Hi L Hart,

Welcome to the Community Forum for PP customers.

Can you tell us where you got your start date of 5th Sep from.....the reason I ask is that until the "switching process" has completed (not started) then PP cannot give you an account start date. The start date is not controlled by the 3rd party switching site.

Just a thought.

Hi

If you initiated your switch within 49 days of your original supply contract end date.....then you will not be liable for any exit penalty charges from your old supplier, if that was the cause of your concern.

So on the assumption that PP was a "better deal" then all should be good.
    Gray4276

• I go through MSE cheap energy club. My present contract expires on 5 September 2019. I was hoping that information would have been passed on via MSE but it appears it hasn't.

- - - Updated - - -

• I go through MSE cheap energy club. My present contract expires on 5 September 2019. I was hoping that information would have been passed on via MSE but it appears it hasn't.

- - - Updated - - -

• hi L Hart welcome to the community.
    I will answer your question, but first just to say that communication with PP is via help in the app/online ask wattbot and if you need a human response first type message the team. Replies in 24 hrs approx, but that isn't the way to fix this particular issue.
    PP don't have call centres.
    No need to be frustrated. The helpful community members who give of their own time will guide in the right direction and admin do read these posts.

When you start a switch under normal circumstances and in most cases the switch takes 17 days. During that time the app/online will constantly update with your progress. You can't choose a start date with MSE, I think you have misunderstood.
    The only way to correct this is as far as I know is with the 14 day cooling off period which if your start date is 18th gives you plenty of time. You need to cancel the switch in app or online and then re-apply, but read on.
    My advice is as follows:
    1. If 5th of Sep is so very important to you because and only if you will have to pay a penalty because you are in excess of 49 days from the end of your fixed term contract, then cancel the switch either in the app or online. (I would also email MSE and let them know what you've done and why, how they deal with the incentive is their issue). Then re-apply 17 days before 5th (if penalty involved apply 21st Aug to be safe)
    If however the 5th is merely a convenience date and no penalty is involved, I'd let nature take it's course. Even if the rate in your previous contract is lower than PP the odd couple of weeks saving the difference between that and the PP rate is worth very little and certainly not worth the complication of cancelling.
    ​Post back if you need more help'

- - - Updated - - -

• hi L Hart welcome to the community.
    I will answer your question, but first just to say that communication with PP is via help in the app/online ask wattbot and if you need a human response first type message the team. Replies in 24 hrs approx, but that isn't the way to fix this particular issue.
    PP don't have call centres.
    No need to be frustrated. The helpful community members who give of their own time will guide in the right direction and admin do read these posts.

When you start a switch under normal circumstances and in most cases the switch takes 17 days. During that time the app/online will constantly update with your progress. You can't choose a start date with MSE, I think you have misunderstood.
    The only way to correct this is as far as I know is with the 14 day cooling off period which if your start date is 18th gives you plenty of time. You need to cancel the switch in app or online and then re-apply, but read on.
    My advice is as follows:
    1. If 5th of Sep is so very important to you because and only if you will have to pay a penalty because you are in excess of 49 days from the end of your fixed term contract, then cancel the switch either in the app or online. (I would also email MSE and let them know what you've done and why, how they deal with the incentive is their issue). Then re-apply 17 days before 5th (if penalty involved apply 21st Aug to be safe)
    If however the 5th is merely a convenience date and no penalty is involved, I'd let nature take it's course. Even if the rate in your previous contract is lower than PP the odd couple of weeks saving the difference between that and the PP rate is worth very little and certainly not worth the complication of cancelling.
    ​Post back if you need more help'

- - - Updated - - -