Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  • Ten hottest years in UK all happened since 2002

This is shocking, but not surprising, stuff.

There's a new Met Office study out today which shows that the 10 hottest years recorded in the UK have all taken place since 2002.

I'm not surprised because it's noticeably hotter than when I was growing up, and I'm not that old! Shocking because it's happening so quickly, in front of our eyes.

Here's a link to a BBC report about the study. They're reporting that the study look at records going back all the way to 1884.

Their report ends with some analysis, including this line: "For years the Met Office has been saying that its data shows unmistakeable evidence of rising temperatures, both in the UK and worldwide, driven by the gases given off by human activity."

Community Manager - Pure Planet

• This is shocking, but not surprising, stuff.

There's a new Met Office study out today which shows that the 10 hottest years recorded in the UK have all taken place since 2002.

I'm not surprised because it's noticeably hotter than when I was growing up, and I'm not that old! Shocking because it's happening so quickly, in front of our eyes.

Here's a link to a BBC report about the study. They're reporting that the study look at records going back all the way to 1884.

Their report ends with some analysis, including this line: "For years the Met Office has been saying that its data shows unmistakeable evidence of rising temperatures, both in the UK and worldwide, driven by the gases given off by human activity."

Community Manager - Pure Planet