• Pure Planet app and web update - improvements and bug fixes

Hi everyone

Just to let you know we’ve got an updated version of your Pure Planet app and web account.

This new version has some bug fixes and small improvements. Head to the App Store or Google Play to download it.

It’s version 7.22.8 for iPhone and iPad, and version 7.22.11 for Android (we’ll make sure the version numbers are the same again in the next release).

What’s new?

We’ve fixed a bug which meant some iPad users were seeing a blank home screen, and tidied up some meter reading screens for Members who use Android devices.

A bug preventing community members from completing a switch has been fixed. And there’s also a fix for Members who had switched away who could no longer access WattBot.

This release also has some improvements for anyone who’s moved into a home already on supply with PP. We now show the meter details, and the date that the reading is sent.

And finally, we’ve cleaned up our web experience in this release. The rotating mobile phone is no more! Also, in your account section you’ll see simpler buttons to scroll through different months of your energy usage.

Also just to let everyone know that we’re working on bug fixes for the energy usage graphs. We know that some Members are seeing missing months or months which show inaccurate data.

Remember that it can take a few hours for the latest version of the app to appear in the App Store or Google Play for everyone.

That’s it for now. Thanks as ever to those who spotted a bug and flagged it up in the community.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Hi everyone

Just to let you know we’ve got an updated version of your Pure Planet app and web account.

This new version has some bug fixes and small improvements. Head to the App Store or Google Play to download it.

It’s version 7.22.8 for iPhone and iPad, and version 7.22.11 for Android (we’ll make sure the version numbers are the same again in the next release).

What’s new?

We’ve fixed a bug which meant some iPad users were seeing a blank home screen, and tidied up some meter reading screens for Members who use Android devices.

A bug preventing community members from completing a switch has been fixed. And there’s also a fix for Members who had switched away who could no longer access WattBot.

This release also has some improvements for anyone who’s moved into a home already on supply with PP. We now show the meter details, and the date that the reading is sent.

And finally, we’ve cleaned up our web experience in this release. The rotating mobile phone is no more! Also, in your account section you’ll see simpler buttons to scroll through different months of your energy usage.

Also just to let everyone know that we’re working on bug fixes for the energy usage graphs. We know that some Members are seeing missing months or months which show inaccurate data.

Remember that it can take a few hours for the latest version of the app to appear in the App Store or Google Play for everyone.

That’s it for now. Thanks as ever to those who spotted a bug and flagged it up in the community.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• How can I tell which version of the app I have on my iPhone and does the app automatically update?
    Thanks
    Allan42
  • How can I tell which version of the app I have on my iPhone and does the app automatically update?
    Thanks
    Allan42
  • Quote Originally Posted by Allan42 View Post
    How can I tell which version of the app I have on my iPhone and does the app automatically update?
    Thanks
    Allan42
    Hi, on the blue home page, click 3 white horizontal bars in top right corner- scroll down to bottom and you will see your version.

Name:  8BECDD87-FD48-4081-86FE-E044A6842D1A.png
Views: 101
Size:  1.41 MB
  • Quote Originally Posted by Allan42 View Post
    How can I tell which version of the app I have on my iPhone and does the app automatically update?
    Thanks
    Allan42
    Hi, on the blue home page, click 3 white horizontal bars in top right corner- scroll down to bottom and you will see your version.

Name:  8BECDD87-FD48-4081-86FE-E044A6842D1A.png
Views: 101
Size:  1.41 MB
  • Many thanks David J. It's easy when you know how!
  • Many thanks David J. It's easy when you know how!
  • While looking at the issue with usage chart could you consider showing usage in £'s. This would be much more meaningful than KWhrs.
  • While looking at the issue with usage chart could you consider showing usage in £'s. This would be much more meaningful than KWhrs.
  • Quote Originally Posted by NeilMacK View Post
    While looking at the issue with usage chart could you consider showing usage in £'s. This would be much more meaningful than KWhrs.

Hi NeilMack

I don't believe showing the usage in £'s will be more meaningful, KWhrs will always remain constant , whereby any changes in cost will skew the results
  • Quote Originally Posted by NeilMacK View Post
    While looking at the issue with usage chart could you consider showing usage in £'s. This would be much more meaningful than KWhrs.

Hi NeilMack

I don't believe showing the usage in £'s will be more meaningful, KWhrs will always remain constant , whereby any changes in cost will skew the results
  • I agree, but (it's a big but, once again with apologies to Sir Mixalot)
    If you move the slider you can scroll along your monthly usage in £ so you already have the data there. What you don't have is the graphic representation of that data.
    I suppose in a world with infinite resources that data could be put on a sliding chart like the kWh chart....(I don't see a benefit for it in chart form but others may)

Quote Originally Posted by Duppy View Post
    Hi NeilMack

• I agree, but (it's a big but, once again with apologies to Sir Mixalot)
    If you move the slider you can scroll along your monthly usage in £ so you already have the data there. What you don't have is the graphic representation of that data.
    I suppose in a world with infinite resources that data could be put on a sliding chart like the kWh chart....(I don't see a benefit for it in chart form but others may)

Quote Originally Posted by Duppy View Post
    Hi NeilMack