• Smart meter

Hi, I've just switched to Pure planet today. I have a smart meter with Scottish Power, do I need to unplug this when the switch over is complete?
    Thanks
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Hi, I've just switched to Pure planet today. I have a smart meter with Scottish Power, do I need to unplug this when the switch over is complete?
    Thanks
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hi, if it is a Smets1 meter (Which it probably will be), then no...don't do anything.
    It will revert to an old style meter, where you have to read it and send meter readings to PP.
    It will not.communicate any longer with your old supplier.
  • Hi, if it is a Smets1 meter (Which it probably will be), then no...don't do anything.
    It will revert to an old style meter, where you have to read it and send meter readings to PP.
    It will not.communicate any longer with your old supplier.

• hi Charlie76
    You mean the In-Home-Display, not the actual meter? Some continue to work, many don't. If it seems to continue displaying the correct consumption (the money will be wrong because PP won't be able to update the price info.) then no harm in leaving it connected. If not just unplug.
    Angela's answer about reading the meter(s) is correct, you need to read the actual meter though not the IHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie76 View Post
    Hi, I've just switched to Pure planet today. I have a smart meter with Scottish Power, do I need to unplug this when the switch over is complete?
    Thanks
  • hi Charlie76
    You mean the In-Home-Display, not the actual meter? Some continue to work, many don't. If it seems to continue displaying the correct consumption (the money will be wrong because PP won't be able to update the price info.) then no harm in leaving it connected. If not just unplug.
    Angela's answer about reading the meter(s) is correct, you need to read the actual meter though not the IHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie76 View Post
    Thanks