• Meter Reading

Hi. Can you help? On 21st July I entered a meter reading on my app. This was accepted and showed on my record. When I looked at my account today Pure Planet had entered an estimated reading dated the same day as my reading (21/07). It was entered after my entry. The Pure Planet reading is higher than the actual reading. Pure Planet have used their estimate to calculate my bill. I am very disappointed. How do I get this corrected? Thanks LizLou62
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Hi. Can you help? On 21st July I entered a meter reading on my app. This was accepted and showed on my record. When I looked at my account today Pure Planet had entered an estimated reading dated the same day as my reading (21/07). It was entered after my entry. The Pure Planet reading is higher than the actual reading. Pure Planet have used their estimate to calculate my bill. I am very disappointed. How do I get this corrected? Thanks LizLou62
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hi LizLou62,

Welcome to the Community Forum for PP customers.
    You have actually been "over conscientious", honestly!

The date contained within the email "prompt" from PP is the date to use if you don't want an estimate on your statement.
    This date is the accounting date for your account, and PP will have to estimate the difference from your submission to the accounting date. If you look in your App under Usage and check your "readings history" you will see your reading as an "actual" reading followed by the "estimated" reading by PP.
    The difference will not be much, and will even itself out on your next meter reading submission. So try to submit on the "date" and not before if possible.
    Hope that helps
    Gray4276
  • Hi LizLou62,

Welcome to the Community Forum for PP customers.
    You have actually been "over conscientious", honestly!

The date contained within the email "prompt" from PP is the date to use if you don't want an estimate on your statement.
    This date is the accounting date for your account, and PP will have to estimate the difference from your submission to the accounting date. If you look in your App under Usage and check your "readings history" you will see your reading as an "actual" reading followed by the "estimated" reading by PP.
    The difference will not be much, and will even itself out on your next meter reading submission. So try to submit on the "date" and not before if possible.
    Hope that helps
    Gray4276

• Hi LizLou62,
    As it's your first post Welcome to the community.

It's unusual to get an estimated reading on the same day you submitted your own, it could be that the estimate was in the process of being calculated as you submitted yours.

Unless the readings are drastically different, I wouldn't worry too much, your direct debit amount will not alter and you could look at it as being ahead for your next readings.

If it does bother you, you will have to contact PP via Wattbot, start with message the team and ask your question.

Hope this helps.
  • Hi LizLou62,
    As it's your first post Welcome to the community.

It's unusual to get an estimated reading on the same day you submitted your own, it could be that the estimate was in the process of being calculated as you submitted yours.

Unless the readings are drastically different, I wouldn't worry too much, your direct debit amount will not alter and you could look at it as being ahead for your next readings.

If it does bother you, you will have to contact PP via Wattbot, start with message the team and ask your question.

Hope this helps.

• Hi Duppy
    Thank you so much for taking the time to reply, and for your warm welcome.
    i double checked and the estimated reading was done 3 days later. I put in my meter reading within an hour of the email request on 21/7.
    They are not out by much but it is disappointing because A) I was conscientious and provided the reading and B) we are working very hard to reduce our electricity usage and I would like that effort reflected in our usage/bills.
    Thanks for the advice I will contact them via the bot. 😊
  • Hi Duppy
    Thank you so much for taking the time to reply, and for your warm welcome.
    i double checked and the estimated reading was done 3 days later. I put in my meter reading within an hour of the email request on 21/7.
    They are not out by much but it is disappointing because A) I was conscientious and provided the reading and B) we are working very hard to reduce our electricity usage and I would like that effort reflected in our usage/bills.
    Thanks for the advice I will contact them via the bot. 😊

• Hi again,
    It is normal to get an estimated reading if entered on the day you receive the email. The email is a reminder that your reading is due by xx date, if you enter the readings on the due by date you will not receive an estimated bill.
    The reason for the estimate between the submitted date and the statement date is to make the statement as accurate as possible, the estimate is nearly always pretty accurate, and as I said will always right itself the following month
  • Hi again,
    It is normal to get an estimated reading if entered on the day you receive the email. The email is a reminder that your reading is due by xx date, if you enter the readings on the due by date you will not receive an estimated bill.
    The reason for the estimate between the submitted date and the statement date is to make the statement as accurate as possible, the estimate is nearly always pretty accurate, and as I said will always right itself the following month

• hi Lizlou62 (it rhymes!)
    I don't want to sound like I'm trivialising your post (I'm not) but honestly in the scheme of things it doesn't matter about the few days, and as said it will correct on the next statement also it's common with new accounts (I assume it's new?)
    That said...
    What you should do in the future is when you get the reminder which is usually 3 days before your statement date, you should submit your readings on the day before your statement date, then your statements will always be at their most accurate. (or at least submit at the latest you can without missing the deadline).
    Since PP statement date is fixed, they can't know how much energy you use exactly so if you submit before the date they always have to estimate the days after you submit.
    Just a suggestion: why not keep a spreadsheet with actual readings on it, that way you can keep very accurate records?
    Quote Originally Posted by LizLou62 View Post
    Hi. Can you help? On 21st July I entered a meter reading on my app. This was accepted and showed on my record. When I looked at my account today Pure Planet had entered an estimated reading dated the same day as my reading (21/07). It was entered after my entry. The Pure Planet reading is higher than the actual reading. Pure Planet have used their estimate to calculate my bill. I am very disappointed. How do I get this corrected? Thanks LizLou62
  • hi Lizlou62 (it rhymes!)
    I don't want to sound like I'm trivialising your post (I'm not) but honestly in the scheme of things it doesn't matter about the few days, and as said it will correct on the next statement also it's common with new accounts (I assume it's new?)
    That said...
    What you should do in the future is when you get the reminder which is usually 3 days before your statement date, you should submit your readings on the day before your statement date, then your statements will always be at their most accurate. (or at least submit at the latest you can without missing the deadline).
    Since PP statement date is fixed, they can't know how much energy you use exactly so if you submit before the date they always have to estimate the days after you submit.
    Just a suggestion: why not keep a spreadsheet with actual readings on it, that way you can keep very accurate records?
    Quote Originally Posted by LizLou62 View Post