• Incorrect final bill

Hi,

I have recently moved out of the house that I had an account with Pure Planet. When I closed the account through WattBot 2 days ahead of moving I didn't submit final readings as I mistakenly thought I would have an opportunity to submit actual final readings on leaving. Didn't read the small print! My final bill came through and the estimated readings are substantially out from the actual readings I took on leaving day. The problem seems to stem from an extended period of ill health during which I didn't submit any meter readings. When I finally submitted actual readings, they were substantially less than their estimates and despite repeatedly entering correct readings thereafter, the estimated readings remained high. I have tried to contact PurePlanet through Wattbot, by submitting "message the team" and then an explanation of the problem in the support page of the app, but there is no evidence that the message has got through (spinning wheel left for hours with nothing happening).

Any help would be appreciated.
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Hi,

I have recently moved out of the house that I had an account with Pure Planet. When I closed the account through WattBot 2 days ahead of moving I didn't submit final readings as I mistakenly thought I would have an opportunity to submit actual final readings on leaving. Didn't read the small print! My final bill came through and the estimated readings are substantially out from the actual readings I took on leaving day. The problem seems to stem from an extended period of ill health during which I didn't submit any meter readings. When I finally submitted actual readings, they were substantially less than their estimates and despite repeatedly entering correct readings thereafter, the estimated readings remained high. I have tried to contact PurePlanet through Wattbot, by submitting "message the team" and then an explanation of the problem in the support page of the app, but there is no evidence that the message has got through (spinning wheel left for hours with nothing happening).

Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hey @brizerpuddle

Sorry that WattBot hasn't been working for you since moving out, we've identified the issue and are working on a fix at the moment. This should be going ahead on Monday

In the meantime if you'd like to let us know your final meter readings, you could reply to the final bill email. Our Member Services team will pick this up and get back to you via email.

Nice one @woz for the top advice and flagging this up
  • Hey @brizerpuddle

Sorry that WattBot hasn't been working for you since moving out, we've identified the issue and are working on a fix at the moment. This should be going ahead on Monday

In the meantime if you'd like to let us know your final meter readings, you could reply to the final bill email. Our Member Services team will pick this up and get back to you via email.

Nice one @woz for the top advice and flagging this up

• hi brizerpuddle
    If you eventually did submit readings and they went on your statement then the over estimation will have been corrected at that point in time which should then lead onto the closing readings being a closer estimate.
    You may well find your final bill is a lot closer.
    ​That said,
    If wattbot isn't working for you you have little option but to send a Direct Message (little envelope top right or click this link), to marc or nataly. They will hopefully escalate to the team.
    @Marc @Nataly, there seems to be a pattern here several similar posts reporting the same issue with wattbot when leaving, has anyone investigated or is it pure coincidence?
    Quote Originally Posted by brizerpuddle View Post
    Hi,

• hi brizerpuddle
    If you eventually did submit readings and they went on your statement then the over estimation will have been corrected at that point in time which should then lead onto the closing readings being a closer estimate.
    You may well find your final bill is a lot closer.
    ​That said,
    If wattbot isn't working for you you have little option but to send a Direct Message (little envelope top right or click this link), to marc or nataly. They will hopefully escalate to the team.
    @Marc @Nataly, there seems to be a pattern here several similar posts reporting the same issue with wattbot when leaving, has anyone investigated or is it pure coincidence?
    Quote Originally Posted by brizerpuddle View Post
    Hi,

• Hello,

My final bill is incorrect by a long way. WattBot isnt working and I need to talk to someone about it.
  • Hello,

My final bill is incorrect by a long way. WattBot isnt working and I need to talk to someone about it.

• Quote Originally Posted by JR1290 View Post
    Hello,

Wattbot is working again now, try again. Don't forget to start your message with " message the team" (without the"")
  • Quote Originally Posted by JR1290 View Post
    Hello,

Wattbot is working again now, try again. Don't forget to start your message with " message the team" (without the"")

• Quote Originally Posted by Duppy View Post
    Still not working? Anything else I can do?
  • Quote Originally Posted by Duppy View Post

• hi jr1290
    ​It should be working, mine is working now so try again later, but if still no joy you'll have to send a direct message to marc. (little envelope top right if on phone use landscape)
    I'd really encourage you to use wattbot as it would be better for you - a direct message is one step removed.
    Just give it a bit longer. I know it's frustrating but I'm sure it will be sorted.
    ​Bear in mind that if it becomes a disputed readings that can take a long time to sort out (not meaning to depress you!)
    Quote Originally Posted by JR1290 View Post
  • hi jr1290
    ​It should be working, mine is working now so try again later, but if still no joy you'll have to send a direct message to marc. (little envelope top right if on phone use landscape)
    I'd really encourage you to use wattbot as it would be better for you - a direct message is one step removed.
    Just give it a bit longer. I know it's frustrating but I'm sure it will be sorted.
    ​Bear in mind that if it becomes a disputed readings that can take a long time to sort out (not meaning to depress you!)
    Quote Originally Posted by JR1290 View Post