• Hot air storage facility

With all this glorious weather, I got to thinking. If we had a hot air storage facility, we could capture all the hot air and save it for winter to reduce our heating bills.

And the bonus is, we can top it up during the winter with all the hot air the politicians spout... πŸ€ͺ
  • With all this glorious weather, I got to thinking. If we had a hot air storage facility, we could capture all the hot air and save it for winter to reduce our heating bills.

And the bonus is, we can top it up during the winter with all the hot air the politicians spout... πŸ€ͺ
  • haha good one... I name that facility:
    the Bullsh*t Off-grid Reserve Internal System.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knobby View Post
    With all this glorious weather, I got to thinking. If we had a hot air storage facility, we could capture all the hot air and save it for winter to reduce our heating bills.

And the bonus is, we can top it up during the winter with all the hot air the politicians spout... οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½
  • haha good one... I name that facility:
    the Bullsh*t Off-grid Reserve Internal System.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knobby View Post

And the bonus is, we can top it up during the winter with all the hot air the politicians spout... οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½
  • My somewhat scientific mind says this is already possible. Not sure how practical it would be but here goes.

Dig a very large deep hole. Deeper the better.
    Line hole to insulate and water proof it.
    3/4 fill hole with shattered glass. With a venting pipe from middle of glass to above ground level.cover and seal then fill in remainder of hole.
    Install a two way air pump, then in hot weather pump the hot air in and then when cooler pump it out again. The glass will heat up and store the hot air and can be pumped out when needed.
  • My somewhat scientific mind says this is already possible. Not sure how practical it would be but here goes.

Dig a very large deep hole. Deeper the better.
    Line hole to insulate and water proof it.
    3/4 fill hole with shattered glass. With a venting pipe from middle of glass to above ground level.cover and seal then fill in remainder of hole.
    Install a two way air pump, then in hot weather pump the hot air in and then when cooler pump it out again. The glass will heat up and store the hot air and can be pumped out when needed.
  • Get it on Dragons Den, Mavis πŸ‘πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • Get it on Dragons Den, Mavis πŸ‘πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • And I thought you were going to say we could bury all the politicians and solve the worlds energy crisis!
  • And I thought you were going to say we could bury all the politicians and solve the worlds energy crisis!
  • Thats akin to dumping radioactive waste
  • Thats akin to dumping radioactive waste
  • haha yes, but the fallout from the politicians would last longer...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon1 View Post
    Thats akin to dumping radioactive waste
  • haha yes, but the fallout from the politicians would last longer...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon1 View Post
    Thats akin to dumping radioactive waste