Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

• Do you have comfortplus control compatibility

My flatmates and I got an email from my supplier that i cannot switch because possibly the new supplier (pure plamrt) doesnt have the compatibility for Comfort plus control and we have two meters in our flat. I was wondering if this is true.
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • My flatmates and I got an email from my supplier that i cannot switch because possibly the new supplier (pure plamrt) doesnt have the compatibility for Comfort plus control and we have two meters in our flat. I was wondering if this is true.
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

hi AndreaJovanovic
    The question is simple but the answer is complex.
    I think it's very probable that your supplier is correct, it depends on your exact metering arrangements, if you have more than one supply mpan ?(meter point no.) then PP can't switch you. It's work in progress at PP.

There is an explanation HERE

​If you do decide to switch to anyone else it's worth asking them the same question because a lot of smaller companies may accept the switch only for you to find that one of your mpans has switched and the other hasn't so beware the possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaJovanovic View Post
    My flatmates and I got an email from my supplier that i cannot switch because possibly the new supplier (pure plamrt) doesnt have the compatibility for Comfort plus control and we have two meters in our flat. I was wondering if this is true.
  • hi AndreaJovanovic
    The question is simple but the answer is complex.
    I think it's very probable that your supplier is correct, it depends on your exact metering arrangements, if you have more than one supply mpan ?(meter point no.) then PP can't switch you. It's work in progress at PP.

There is an explanation HERE

​If you do decide to switch to anyone else it's worth asking them the same question because a lot of smaller companies may accept the switch only for you to find that one of your mpans has switched and the other hasn't so beware the possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaJovanovic View Post

• Best Answer

Hi
    This is an old school system. One meter does the heating and the other meter does everything else. Indeed very few suppliers would take this on and if they did you may find you need two accts and two lots of standing charge. Historically its a very expensive tariff also. You could ask your current supplier too remove it and install a standard modern meter, this was something quite common in scotland where heating is required for longer periods.
  • Hi
    This is an old school system. One meter does the heating and the other meter does everything else. Indeed very few suppliers would take this on and if they did you may find you need two accts and two lots of standing charge. Historically its a very expensive tariff also. You could ask your current supplier too remove it and install a standard modern meter, this was something quite common in scotland where heating is required for longer periods.

• It's a flat so would the landlord have to be involved?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon1 View Post
    Hi
  • It's a flat so would the landlord have to be involved?
    Hi

• Hmmmm woz.
    I guess that would depend on who owns the flat, but the account holder has ultimate control unless something in a rental contract says otherwise.
  • Hmmmm woz.
    I guess that would depend on who owns the flat, but the account holder has ultimate control unless something in a rental contract says otherwise.

• Yep, thanks difficult one, if it's rented I guess the contract may allow choice of suppliers but preclude changes to the infrastructure, but then again flats have to meet certain energy standards now so ultimately that might be a way forward.
    I wouldn't like to be beholden to electric only heating, it's efficient in terms of losses but £££ to run compared to gas.
    Hmmmm woz.
  • Yep, thanks difficult one, if it's rented I guess the contract may allow choice of suppliers but preclude changes to the infrastructure, but then again flats have to meet certain energy standards now so ultimately that might be a way forward.
    I wouldn't like to be beholden to electric only heating, it's efficient in terms of losses but £££ to run compared to gas.
    Hmmmm woz.