• Smart meters

I have a smart meter from british gas
    how do i update tariff rates for PP?
  • I have a smart meter from british gas
    how do i update tariff rates for PP?

• Hello and welcome Markous.

Sadly smart meters aint that smart. When you switch the 1st gen ones go dumb and the in home display becomes somewhat useless and may give incorrect info.it will be upgraded one day but this is not done by pure planet. Once upgraded PP will be able to read it and set it to correct info.

2nd gen ones are a bit better and once PP systems are fully ready for them (testing process underway) then it will become smart again.

In the mean time you will have to give manual readings, but take these from the actual meter as like i say the IHD may not be accurate.
  • Hello and welcome Markous.

Sadly smart meters aint that smart. When you switch the 1st gen ones go dumb and the in home display becomes somewhat useless and may give incorrect info.it will be upgraded one day but this is not done by pure planet. Once upgraded PP will be able to read it and set it to correct info.

2nd gen ones are a bit better and once PP systems are fully ready for them (testing process underway) then it will become smart again.

In the mean time you will have to give manual readings, but take these from the actual meter as like i say the IHD may not be accurate.