• Moving into property supplied by PP

I have taken back our property after tenants moved out. We are now selling so it is empty, therefore I will not need a long term supply. However, I need to set up an account for PP as previous tenants had switched to this. I followed Instructions, but instead of taking me to move in, I am pushed to get quote and switch? Confused and cannot get any support from the team via the bott which is disappointing. Any advice from the community would be much appreciated.
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • I have taken back our property after tenants moved out. We are now selling so it is empty, therefore I will not need a long term supply. However, I need to set up an account for PP as previous tenants had switched to this. I followed Instructions, but instead of taking me to move in, I am pushed to get quote and switch? Confused and cannot get any support from the team via the bott which is disappointing. Any advice from the community would be much appreciated.
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hello nikkiw.
    Indeed you have to follow the process of getting a quote and switching. Yes its your property and is already supplied by PP but in teccy talk its still classed as a switch. Once the switch process has been completed ( 17 days ) and you do indeed sell the property then all you have to do is follow the move out process also in the app under your account.
  • Hello nikkiw.
    Indeed you have to follow the process of getting a quote and switching. Yes its your property and is already supplied by PP but in teccy talk its still classed as a switch. Once the switch process has been completed ( 17 days ) and you do indeed sell the property then all you have to do is follow the move out process also in the app under your account.

• Hi Nikkiw

Welcome to the community! The trick in using Wattbot to get a personal response is to put 'message the team' in the question box before explaining your situation.

But I think that you have been directed rightly... You have to set up your own account with Pure Planet to take over responsibility for the supply to the house. So follow the instructions for joining and switching and I think that will work fine. Presumably you have the readings from the day the tenants left?

Hope that helps
    Stephen
  • Hi Nikkiw

Welcome to the community! The trick in using Wattbot to get a personal response is to put 'message the team' in the question box before explaining your situation.

But I think that you have been directed rightly... You have to set up your own account with Pure Planet to take over responsibility for the supply to the house. So follow the instructions for joining and switching and I think that will work fine. Presumably you have the readings from the day the tenants left?

Hope that helps
    Stephen

• This is nuts. I am also trying to complete a move and now have no supplier of gas or electricity. Let me move please. I did not ask for your service.
  • This is nuts. I am also trying to complete a move and now have no supplier of gas or electricity. Let me move please. I did not ask for your service.

• Moving to home supplied by PP and being blocked. How do I resolve this ASAP please as of now I do not have a gas or electricity supplier.
  • Moving to home supplied by PP and being blocked. How do I resolve this ASAP please as of now I do not have a gas or electricity supplier.

• Hi @dbreston
    Welcome to the community!
    Thanks for posting (FYI I've merged your two posts into one place, to avoid duplicate conversations happening in different places).
    You've moved into a new home which is supplied by Pure Planet?
    You simply need to join PP, either via our website or by downloading our app. More info here from our FAQs section.
    Then once you're up and running you can switch to another supplier if you wish. We don't charge exit fees!
    Hope this helps
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Hi @dbreston
    Welcome to the community!
    Thanks for posting (FYI I've merged your two posts into one place, to avoid duplicate conversations happening in different places).
    You've moved into a new home which is supplied by Pure Planet?
    You simply need to join PP, either via our website or by downloading our app. More info here from our FAQs section.
    Then once you're up and running you can switch to another supplier if you wish. We don't charge exit fees!
    Hope this helps

• why do i need to join? why do i need to give you any information about me? This is data robbery and surely a GDPR violation.
  • why do i need to join? why do i need to give you any information about me? This is data robbery and surely a GDPR violation.

• Whenever you move, you need to sign up with the existing supplier in your new home. That's the same for all suppliers, PP is no different except that you open your account with an app and not over the phone.

There's no data robbery whether you provide information over the phone or in an app. If you can't face using an app, don't move to a property with an app based supplier.
  • Whenever you move, you need to sign up with the existing supplier in your new home. That's the same for all suppliers, PP is no different except that you open your account with an app and not over the phone.

There's no data robbery whether you provide information over the phone or in an app. If you can't face using an app, don't move to a property with an app based supplier.

• That is a silly response. How do i know the property is app supplied? Hopefully you do not represent PP.

- - - Updated - - -

All i can see is an option after I signin to the website to switch. I dont want to switch to you. You should have a simple FAQ on how to move AND NOT switch to you.

- - - Updated - - -

Can someone call me please to tell me what to do? Someone from Pure Planet.
  • That is a silly response. How do i know the property is app supplied? Hopefully you do not represent PP.

- - - Updated - - -

All i can see is an option after I signin to the website to switch. I dont want to switch to you. You should have a simple FAQ on how to move AND NOT switch to you.

- - - Updated - - -

• Hi @dbreston
    This is the way that the energy industry in the UK works.
    When you move into a new property you're automatically placed on a 'deemed contract' with the energy company that has already been supplying the property. This is a good thing because it means that you've already got power when you move in. Otherwise you'd have the hassle of no lights, heating, hot water etc when you move in.

So you join to tell us the date you moved in, and give us opening meter readings, ie so we know when you're paying for the energy used. Then when you switch to another supplier, you'll give them opening meter readings, and we'll send you a bill for the energy used up until that date.

More info on switching here from 'Which'.

• Hi @dbreston
    This is the way that the energy industry in the UK works.
    When you move into a new property you're automatically placed on a 'deemed contract' with the energy company that has already been supplying the property. This is a good thing because it means that you've already got power when you move in. Otherwise you'd have the hassle of no lights, heating, hot water etc when you move in.

So you join to tell us the date you moved in, and give us opening meter readings, ie so we know when you're paying for the energy used. Then when you switch to another supplier, you'll give them opening meter readings, and we'll send you a bill for the energy used up until that date.

More info on switching here from 'Which'.

• This is a nonsense process. I gave my old supplier readings. The old tenants of my new home gave you readings. We told you the date. Job done. Why do I need to join you, give you readings, which you then bill me for and the i have to go thru the process again inn reverse?
  • This is a nonsense process. I gave my old supplier readings. The old tenants of my new home gave you readings. We told you the date. Job done. Why do I need to join you, give you readings, which you then bill me for and the i have to go thru the process again inn reverse?

• Hi @dbreston
    I've just sent you a DM.
    It's all sorted. Flagged this with our Member services team - you can switch and there won't be a block.

• Hi @dbreston
    I've just sent you a DM.
    It's all sorted. Flagged this with our Member services team - you can switch and there won't be a block.

• hi dbreston
    I agree the previous responses (or at least one of them) was not helpful but then neither is your logic.
    If you move into a property supplied by supplier X, whoever they are be it PP or BG or any supplier, which is effectively what you have done, (albeit it's your property) you then become a deemed customer of that company, and by one means or another you have to pay them for the energy you use.
    There is no difference between X sending you a bill through the post and you paying it by card or cheque or bank transfer or joining the company and paying by DD (by far the easier way and better protection for you as a consumer or, paying a one off charge afterwards which incidentally you can do with PP.
    Is your contention that you should be able to pay them anonymously?
    Which part of the way this works is outrageous? (and I'm not being contentious I'm genuinely trying to understand what your concerns are)
    I don't work for PP, and I'll be astounded if you reply, but this post is hopefully going to help others who may find themselves in a similar situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbreston View Post
    why do i need to join? why do i need to give you any information about me? This is data robbery and surely a GDPR violation.
  • hi dbreston
    I agree the previous responses (or at least one of them) was not helpful but then neither is your logic.
    If you move into a property supplied by supplier X, whoever they are be it PP or BG or any supplier, which is effectively what you have done, (albeit it's your property) you then become a deemed customer of that company, and by one means or another you have to pay them for the energy you use.
    There is no difference between X sending you a bill through the post and you paying it by card or cheque or bank transfer or joining the company and paying by DD (by far the easier way and better protection for you as a consumer or, paying a one off charge afterwards which incidentally you can do with PP.
    Is your contention that you should be able to pay them anonymously?
    Which part of the way this works is outrageous? (and I'm not being contentious I'm genuinely trying to understand what your concerns are)
    I don't work for PP, and I'll be astounded if you reply, but this post is hopefully going to help others who may find themselves in a similar situation.
    why do i need to join? why do i need to give you any information about me? This is data robbery and surely a GDPR violation.

• Hi @dbreston,

I'm sure that @Marc has clarified your position regarding this issue.

I can understand your frustration with this because after all you had no say in who is actually supplying power to your "new property".
    However it is irrelevant which company is supplying the property as the industry regulations class you as a "deemed customer" of the company supplying the property. This is not a "policy" that is of PP's design. This applies to all energy suppliers. So your "beef" about this process should be with the industry regulator and not with PP.

The quickest and easiest way of achieving you aim..... is to follow the process, as many thousands of people are obliged to do. Nothing will be achieved by "shooting from the hip", when understanding the official industry standards will actually produce the result that you want.

I'm sure that PP will bend over backwards to assist you, as that is their working ethos. Please note that I am not a PP employee, just a satisfied customer, which is what you could be, if you are willing to approach your switch with an open mind.

I apologise if you feel my response is a little "heavy" that's not my intention.
    Good Luck.

Gray4276
  • Hi @dbreston,

I'm sure that @Marc has clarified your position regarding this issue.

I can understand your frustration with this because after all you had no say in who is actually supplying power to your "new property".
    However it is irrelevant which company is supplying the property as the industry regulations class you as a "deemed customer" of the company supplying the property. This is not a "policy" that is of PP's design. This applies to all energy suppliers. So your "beef" about this process should be with the industry regulator and not with PP.

The quickest and easiest way of achieving you aim..... is to follow the process, as many thousands of people are obliged to do. Nothing will be achieved by "shooting from the hip", when understanding the official industry standards will actually produce the result that you want.

I'm sure that PP will bend over backwards to assist you, as that is their working ethos. Please note that I am not a PP employee, just a satisfied customer, which is what you could be, if you are willing to approach your switch with an open mind.

I apologise if you feel my response is a little "heavy" that's not my intention.
    Good Luck.

Gray4276

• hi dbreston
    You've already switched to PP, you're a deemed customer.
    You don't have a choice and I'm not sure you understand how that works.
    If you want clarification I suggest you go to Ofgem and check it out first, HERE is a link which should help.
    Also PP is no longer just app, there is now a website.
    A handy tip for you, calm down dear...
    People were actually trying to help you with the path of least resistance for you moving forward (I agree some of the replies could have been more sensitively phrased)
    You would be in EXACTLY the same situation with any other energy company.
    ​Good luck, moving is very stressful.

That is a silly response. How do i know the property is app supplied? Hopefully you do not represent PP.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

• hi dbreston
    You've already switched to PP, you're a deemed customer.
    You don't have a choice and I'm not sure you understand how that works.
    If you want clarification I suggest you go to Ofgem and check it out first, HERE is a link which should help.
    Also PP is no longer just app, there is now a website.
    A handy tip for you, calm down dear...
    People were actually trying to help you with the path of least resistance for you moving forward (I agree some of the replies could have been more sensitively phrased)
    You would be in EXACTLY the same situation with any other energy company.
    ​Good luck, moving is very stressful.

That is a silly response. How do i know the property is app supplied? Hopefully you do not represent PP.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -