• Has anyone on Economy 7 had a smart meter installed?

Please could any PP customer who is on Economy 7 and who has had a smart meter installed by PP post a reply here please?
    ​Thanks!
    Name:  file.gif
Views: 47
Size:  574.3 KB
  • Please could any PP customer who is on Economy 7 and who has had a smart meter installed by PP post a reply here please?
    ​Thanks!
    Name:  file.gif
Views: 47
Size:  574.3 KB

• There won’t be any Wozeeta. Not yet possible.
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • There won’t be any Wozeeta. Not yet possible.

WALT WHITMAN

• Just checking Bev...I thought there were.
    I think I've developed a Smart Meter allergy, either that or I've been abducted by aliens...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post
    There won’t be any Wozeeta. Not yet possible.
  • Just checking Bev...I thought there were.
    I think I've developed a Smart Meter allergy, either that or I've been abducted by aliens...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post
    There won’t be any Wozeeta. Not yet possible.

• 😂😂😂😂Yeah good shout Woz, by all means put it out there, but I truly don’t think there will be.

WALT WHITMAN
  • 😂😂😂😂Yeah good shout Woz, by all means put it out there, but I truly don’t think there will be.

WALT WHITMAN

• Surly some E7 meters must of been changed. Other suppliers have E7 tariffs and customers with smet2 meters. As far as i can tell the issues only arise if a customer has or had storage heaters/under floor heating as the 5th wire from the meter that back in the day used to control them cannot be accommodated into smet2 meters.
  • Surly some E7 meters must of been changed. Other suppliers have E7 tariffs and customers with smet2 meters. As far as i can tell the issues only arise if a customer has or had storage heaters/under floor heating as the 5th wire from the meter that back in the day used to control them cannot be accommodated into smet2 meters.

• hi jon1
    I don't understand why it's the 5th wire that's the issue, I think it depends on whether there is a circuit which only energises at low rate.
    ​ That's what I'm trying to establish. My E7 for example has a radio teleswitch which tells the meter when it's low rate (5th wire) but all my electrics are energised all the time. ​My understanding is the switching times are then done by the meter so the 5th wire isn't needed.
    (as opposed to having a circuit which only energises when it's low rate, like storage heaters on a timer)

I'm trying to establish exactly what's going on here...

Quote Originally Posted by Jon1 View Post
    Surly some E7 meters must of been changed. Other suppliers have E7 tariffs and customers with smet2 meters. As far as i can tell the issues only arise if a customer has or had storage heaters/under floor heating as the 5th wire from the meter that back in the day used to control them cannot be accommodated into smet2 meters.
  • hi jon1
    I don't understand why it's the 5th wire that's the issue, I think it depends on whether there is a circuit which only energises at low rate.
    ​ That's what I'm trying to establish. My E7 for example has a radio teleswitch which tells the meter when it's low rate (5th wire) but all my electrics are energised all the time. ​My understanding is the switching times are then done by the meter so the 5th wire isn't needed.
    (as opposed to having a circuit which only energises when it's low rate, like storage heaters on a timer)

I'm trying to establish exactly what's going on here...

Surly some E7 meters must of been changed. Other suppliers have E7 tariffs and customers with smet2 meters. As far as i can tell the issues only arise if a customer has or had storage heaters/under floor heating as the 5th wire from the meter that back in the day used to control them cannot be accommodated into smet2 meters.

• My understanding is that some storage heating systems worked from a 5th port on the meter and on new meters there is no 5th port, thus leaving customers without their storage heaters.
    Having said that i think there is a degree of everyone being put in the same basket so when asked if you say you got storage heaters or possibly even E7 it is presumed a meter cant be replaced.

If you think thats bad im even further down the list as ive got a 3phase meter.
  • My understanding is that some storage heating systems worked from a 5th port on the meter and on new meters there is no 5th port, thus leaving customers without their storage heaters.
    Having said that i think there is a degree of everyone being put in the same basket so when asked if you say you got storage heaters or possibly even E7 it is presumed a meter cant be replaced.

• yep but in a lot of cases the only thing the 5th wire controls is whether the meter is at low or high rate (mine) and agreed that's what I'm thinking (basket)

for 3Ф, 3 single rate meters was good enough once upon a time.
    ​Given the excellence of engineering in the UK it never ceases to amaze me just how badly the government can screw up a major engineering project (and then try and blame everyone else).

My understanding is that some storage heating systems worked from a 5th port on the meter and on new meters there is no 5th port, thus leaving customers without their storage heaters.

• yep but in a lot of cases the only thing the 5th wire controls is whether the meter is at low or high rate (mine) and agreed that's what I'm thinking (basket)

for 3Ф, 3 single rate meters was good enough once upon a time.
    ​Given the excellence of engineering in the UK it never ceases to amaze me just how badly the government can screw up a major engineering project (and then try and blame everyone else).

My understanding is that some storage heating systems worked from a 5th port on the meter and on new meters there is no 5th port, thus leaving customers without their storage heaters.