• Moving in problems...

Hi,

I have recently moved into a flat that has Pure Planet as the electricity and gas provider. The flat I had lived in before moving had ScottishPower so I wanted to make it easy on myself and avoid setting up a new account with a new provider by just switching to ScottishPower in the new flat. However, I have received an email from ScottishPower that the "existing supplier has objected to ScottishPower taking over your supply." I am assuming that this is because there is an outstanding bill from the previous tenant in the period from 31 May - 29 June 2019. As I cannot be bothered with this I have decided to just keep Pure Planet as the provider. However, I do not know the exact meter readings were when I moved in and I have been living in the new flat for a week now. What should I do? Also, what should I do about the outstanding existing bill? I have moved in on 03/07 and am renting the flat from an agency.

Thanks in advance!

Dorian
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Hi,

I have recently moved into a flat that has Pure Planet as the electricity and gas provider. The flat I had lived in before moving had ScottishPower so I wanted to make it easy on myself and avoid setting up a new account with a new provider by just switching to ScottishPower in the new flat. However, I have received an email from ScottishPower that the "existing supplier has objected to ScottishPower taking over your supply." I am assuming that this is because there is an outstanding bill from the previous tenant in the period from 31 May - 29 June 2019. As I cannot be bothered with this I have decided to just keep Pure Planet as the provider. However, I do not know the exact meter readings were when I moved in and I have been living in the new flat for a week now. What should I do? Also, what should I do about the outstanding existing bill? I have moved in on 03/07 and am renting the flat from an agency.

Thanks in advance!

Dorian
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hi dorian.
    If you are renting via an agent, then as far as im aware part of your contract with them should have the meter readings recorded from whenever you took over the lease.
    Failing that then just give readings as they are today.
  • Hi dorian.
    If you are renting via an agent, then as far as im aware part of your contract with them should have the meter readings recorded from whenever you took over the lease.
    Failing that then just give readings as they are today.

• Thanks for the feedback Jon!
  • Thanks for the feedback Jon!