• Reading higher than expected message

Every time...I mean EVERY time I submit the readings..it says something 'are you sure?'
    These numbers are not what we expected!
    So I'm not sure if it's higher on lower than expected ...or if I'm do I g something wrong!
    Does this happen with anyone else
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Every time...I mean EVERY time I submit the readings..it says something 'are you sure?'
    So I'm not sure if it's higher on lower than expected ...or if I'm do I g something wrong!
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hi Jenlizmac1, this was normal practice for myself— it has now stopped. If I remember correctly, it’s a built in mechanism to get customers to check they have entered their readings correctly and/or, you are using more or less than expected energy. Either way, just ignore the message and continue to send accurate readings as normal. Click HERE for more Pure Planet info on this matter.
    Regards
  • Hi Jenlizmac1, this was normal practice for myself— it has now stopped. If I remember correctly, it’s a built in mechanism to get customers to check they have entered their readings correctly and/or, you are using more or less than expected energy. Either way, just ignore the message and continue to send accurate readings as normal. Click HERE for more Pure Planet info on this matter.
    Regards

• hi jenlizmac1
    Sadly the algorithm which decides whether you get this message is worse than useless, I say this because in the unlikely event that you were to actually mistype your readings and get the message you would then ignore the warning if it gives you constant false alarms. I think the problem is that the formula which looks at the readings is not adaptive, or smart enough.
    That said make sure you're reading the actual meter not the in-home-display, and electric is tot.imp in kWh, and gas is in cu.m, NOT in kWh.
    Work in progress I think...
    btw
    I'm not assuming you are doing anything wrong or being patronising, just saying...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenlizmac1 View Post
    Every time...I mean EVERY time I submit the readings..it says something 'are you sure?'
  • hi jenlizmac1
    Sadly the algorithm which decides whether you get this message is worse than useless, I say this because in the unlikely event that you were to actually mistype your readings and get the message you would then ignore the warning if it gives you constant false alarms. I think the problem is that the formula which looks at the readings is not adaptive, or smart enough.
    That said make sure you're reading the actual meter not the in-home-display, and electric is tot.imp in kWh, and gas is in cu.m, NOT in kWh.
    Work in progress I think...
    btw
    I'm not assuming you are doing anything wrong or being patronising, just saying...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenlizmac1 View Post