• Meter readings.

Hello. I submitted my Gas & Elec meter readings on 9th July & BP still submitted estimate readings on the 11th which are higher?
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Hello. I submitted my Gas & Elec meter readings on 9th July & BP still submitted estimate readings on the 11th which are higher?
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hi , it depends when you submit your readings. For example, If you submit them 2 days before your payment date, PP will estimate the usage for the last 3 days, but use your readings for the rest of the month.
    When PP request my readings , I don't send my readings until the last day possible. Ie PP say they need them by 1st, I send mine 31st. And mine are not being estimated.
    However, when you submit your next ones, previous ones will be adjusted. Hope this helps.
  • Hi , it depends when you submit your readings. For example, If you submit them 2 days before your payment date, PP will estimate the usage for the last 3 days, but use your readings for the rest of the month.
    When PP request my readings , I don't send my readings until the last day possible. Ie PP say they need them by 1st, I send mine 31st. And mine are not being estimated.
    However, when you submit your next ones, previous ones will be adjusted. Hope this helps.

• Hi LA1405, Angelabikerbabe is spot on, estimating takes place to fill the gap between the day you submit and, the day PP have asked for submission. So , in practice, it should only be estimating for 1 to 3 days and should be a relatively small amount. For me, it keeps my account more accurate.
    Regards
  • Hi LA1405, Angelabikerbabe is spot on, estimating takes place to fill the gap between the day you submit and, the day PP have asked for submission. So , in practice, it should only be estimating for 1 to 3 days and should be a relatively small amount. For me, it keeps my account more accurate.
    Regards

• hi LA1405
    don't stress about estimated readings because as soon as you submit the real ones it corrects the statement, and unless the estimate was way way way out (which it won't ever be if you submit near your billing date), your DD won't change, just the balance on the statement may be a small amount out, but it doesn't matter.
    If you look at the statement you should always see the real readings on it, followed by the estimate for the days between when you submit up to the statement date.
    As said, submit a day or 2 after you get the email, and your statement will always be at it's most accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by LA1405 View Post
    Hello. I submitted my Gas & Elec meter readings on 9th July & BP still submitted estimate readings on the 11th which are higher?
  • hi LA1405
    don't stress about estimated readings because as soon as you submit the real ones it corrects the statement, and unless the estimate was way way way out (which it won't ever be if you submit near your billing date), your DD won't change, just the balance on the statement may be a small amount out, but it doesn't matter.
    If you look at the statement you should always see the real readings on it, followed by the estimate for the days between when you submit up to the statement date.
    As said, submit a day or 2 after you get the email, and your statement will always be at it's most accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by LA1405 View Post