• Moved house....

We notified PP that we were moving house on Friday 12 July 2019. We have since received a 'final bill' at our forwarding address but this is based on estimated opening and closing readings. Despite logging in and going round in circles trying to find a way of submitting actual readings this appears to be an impossible task. Plus there doesn't appear to be any means of contacting a PP human t sort this out. Help please!
  • We notified PP that we were moving house on Friday 12 July 2019. We have since received a 'final bill' at our forwarding address but this is based on estimated opening and closing readings. Despite logging in and going round in circles trying to find a way of submitting actual readings this appears to be an impossible task. Plus there doesn't appear to be any means of contacting a PP human t sort this out. Help please!

• hi Steve1957
    If it's using estimated readings then it isn't a final bill (is my thought)
    Go to help ask wattbot, type message the team give all your details, email etc and ask there, someone will get back to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve1957 View Post
    We notified PP that we were moving house on Friday 12 July 2019. We have since received a 'final bill' at our forwarding address but this is based on estimated opening and closing readings. Despite logging in and going round in circles trying to find a way of submitting actual readings this appears to be an impossible task. Plus there doesn't appear to be any means of contacting a PP human t sort this out. Help please!
  • hi Steve1957
    If it's using estimated readings then it isn't a final bill (is my thought)
    Go to help ask wattbot, type message the team give all your details, email etc and ask there, someone will get back to you.

• Hi WOZ,

My thoughts entirely regarding how estimated readings can generate a 'final bill' but there it is, in black and white, on the front of paper bill that arrived a few days ago.

As for WattBot, tried that on my smartphone and all I get after submitting a message is the spinning wheel of death in the Pure Planet Support panel....

...think I'll just cancel the direct debit so they can't take any money - that might get a response...
  • Hi WOZ,

My thoughts entirely regarding how estimated readings can generate a 'final bill' but there it is, in black and white, on the front of paper bill that arrived a few days ago.

As for WattBot, tried that on my smartphone and all I get after submitting a message is the spinning wheel of death in the Pure Planet Support panel....

...think I'll just cancel the direct debit so they can't take any money - that might get a response...

• hi Steve
    ​you'll likely create more work for yourself by cancelling the DD, (up to you but just saying) so before you do that if wattbot is broken, send a DM (direct message little envelope top rhs) to marc or nataly, they will get someone to look into it.
    There are 2 issues that need sorting here
    1. A "final bill" should not be called a final bill until it's a final bill, (a statement of the bleedin' obvious) if the readings are estimated and there may be a change, it should be called a non-final statement of account (pending readings being verified).
    ​I'm only saying this because I remember a previous post about the same thing, so even if what PP have done is technically correct (I don't know), it needs at the very least better communication.
    2. Wattbot should continue to work after you close the account, this is either a bug and needs to be fixed for closing accounts, or it's intentional which is even worse (it's happened to others)
    (I posted about account status for closing accounts quite a while back, suggesting that the account be given semi working status for some months)

Hi WOZ,

• hi Steve
    ​you'll likely create more work for yourself by cancelling the DD, (up to you but just saying) so before you do that if wattbot is broken, send a DM (direct message little envelope top rhs) to marc or nataly, they will get someone to look into it.
    There are 2 issues that need sorting here
    1. A "final bill" should not be called a final bill until it's a final bill, (a statement of the bleedin' obvious) if the readings are estimated and there may be a change, it should be called a non-final statement of account (pending readings being verified).
    ​I'm only saying this because I remember a previous post about the same thing, so even if what PP have done is technically correct (I don't know), it needs at the very least better communication.
    2. Wattbot should continue to work after you close the account, this is either a bug and needs to be fixed for closing accounts, or it's intentional which is even worse (it's happened to others)
    (I posted about account status for closing accounts quite a while back, suggesting that the account be given semi working status for some months)

Hi WOZ,