• meter readings annoyance

I don't understand as I signed up to pure planet when my house was full with four of us in residence, all three offspring have moved out and I now live on my own in my house, yet every time I submit readings it is always below your estimated numbers which you query every time, bloody annoying to be questioned about my honesty and I am thinking of switching as you don't trust me, i would rather be with an honest company
    Graham Ogle
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • I don't understand as I signed up to pure planet when my house was full with four of us in residence, all three offspring have moved out and I now live on my own in my house, yet every time I submit readings it is always below your estimated numbers which you query every time, bloody annoying to be questioned about my honesty and I am thinking of switching as you don't trust me, i would rather be with an honest company
    Graham Ogle
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hi Graham.
    Don't take it personally, because it's just an automated response, just in case of a input m8stake. But it's obviously fired due to your bills now being lower than previously.
    Its nothing to worry about.
    Last edited by Angelabikerbabe; 15-07-19 at 11:57.
  • Hi Graham.
    Don't take it personally, because it's just an automated response, just in case of a input m8stake. But it's obviously fired due to your bills now being lower than previously.
    Its nothing to worry about.

• Best Answer

As others have said, it's an automated response, likely based on estimated usage using your previous usage when the house was full up. It can take some time for these alerts to disappear. I received them for several months after I signed up, even though my energy usage hasn't really changed much in years. Eventually the alerts disappeared.
  • As others have said, it's an automated response, likely based on estimated usage using your previous usage when the house was full up. It can take some time for these alerts to disappear. I received them for several months after I signed up, even though my energy usage hasn't really changed much in years. Eventually the alerts disappeared.

• hi Graham
    ​PP aren't questioning your honesty at all, they are just making sure you haven't mis-typed your meter readings because they are lower than expected. You'd be surprised how many people do mis-type, myself included. If it's any consolation you'd get the same message if the numbers were higher than expected, does that help?
    Quote Originally Posted by graham ogle View Post
    I don't understand as I signed up to pure planet when my house was full with four of us in residence, all three offspring have moved out and I now live on my own in my house, yet every time I submit readings it is always below your estimated numbers which you query every time, bloody annoying to be questioned about my honesty and I am thinking of switching as you don't trust me, i would rather be with an honest company
    Graham Ogle
  • hi Graham
    ​PP aren't questioning your honesty at all, they are just making sure you haven't mis-typed your meter readings because they are lower than expected. You'd be surprised how many people do mis-type, myself included. If it's any consolation you'd get the same message if the numbers were higher than expected, does that help?
    Quote Originally Posted by graham ogle View Post
    Graham Ogle

• 😁 @graham ogle,

No need to stress over that, be happy about using less than expected - I love that message each month
  • 😁 @graham ogle,

No need to stress over that, be happy about using less than expected - I love that message each month

• My favourite message when submitting my meter reading

Name:  20190716_124343.png
Views: 38
Size:  260.2 KB

Taken today
  • My favourite message when submitting my meter reading

Name:  20190716_124343.png
Views: 38
Size:  260.2 KB

Taken today

• Hi @graham ogle,

PP are not saying that they don't trust you......they have experienced many customers who have inadvertently input wrong readings, only to have a "minor coronary" when their next statement arrives via email. To try to counteract the possibility of a customer being "shocked" by their inaccurately processed statement, PP give a "warning" to customers as they enter their meter readings.......I have learned to ignore it tbh.
    I personally feel that PP are showing concern for their customers, which is a positive thing imho.

​Welcome to the Community Forum for PP customers.
    Last edited by Gray4276; 16-07-19 at 12:46.
    Gray4276
  • Hi @graham ogle,

PP are not saying that they don't trust you......they have experienced many customers who have inadvertently input wrong readings, only to have a "minor coronary" when their next statement arrives via email. To try to counteract the possibility of a customer being "shocked" by their inaccurately processed statement, PP give a "warning" to customers as they enter their meter readings.......I have learned to ignore it tbh.
    I personally feel that PP are showing concern for their customers, which is a positive thing imho.

​Welcome to the Community Forum for PP customers.
    Gray4276