• Is it beneficial to have solar panels? Does Pure Planets carry out this work?

it is strange and frustrating for us, customers of Pure Planet ( electric & gas ).. that we can not contact " P P ".
    I need advice regarding solar panels for my house. being a customer of Pure Planet, is it worth/ economically beneficial to have solar panels install ?.
    does Pure Planets carry out this work?.

2 P P!
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • it is strange and frustrating for us, customers of Pure Planet ( electric & gas ).. that we can not contact " P P ".
    I need advice regarding solar panels for my house. being a customer of Pure Planet, is it worth/ economically beneficial to have solar panels install ?.

2 P P!
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hello and welcome.
    PP do not offer an install service for solar panels. Curtently there is also no return on enwrgy exported to the grid.

The actual costs of solar vary wildly based on the facts unique to your situation. Factors to consider are.
    How much space do you have,
    Buy or lease,
    Batteries yes or no,
    Whats the pitch of roof,
    Is planning needed? Most can install on permitted development.
    Plus many other factors.
    Its best to get several quotes with various companies then do the maths and see what works best for you and your house.solar panels will reduce your electric bill but working out the best financial option is the hard part.
    Last edited by Jon1; 14-07-19 at 21:22.
  • Hello and welcome.
    PP do not offer an install service for solar panels. Curtently there is also no return on enwrgy exported to the grid.

The actual costs of solar vary wildly based on the facts unique to your situation. Factors to consider are.
    How much space do you have,
    Buy or lease,
    Batteries yes or no,
    Whats the pitch of roof,
    Is planning needed? Most can install on permitted development.
    Plus many other factors.
    Its best to get several quotes with various companies then do the maths and see what works best for you and your house.solar panels will reduce your electric bill but working out the best financial option is the hard part.

• Best Answer

Hi nakhudapol,
    just to point out you asked the same question a while ago HERE. I assume you haven't read the reply?

Frustration is completely unnecessary. It is perfectly possible to contact PP but not by telephone.
    If you need help with anything account specific (rather than a general enquiry like this one, where the community is definitely the best place to ask), you can contact PP directly via help in app or online, type message the team, and ask your question(s). Replies are not instant but you will get a reply.
    PP cannot and won't advise you on solar installs for your property, the advice you have been given in the two replies isn't exhaustive but it should hopefully guide you in the right direction (well I would say that wouldn't I as one of the replies was mine!)
    From a financial standpoint alone, unless you have a huge south facing roof and use way above average amounts of electricity, the payback time is way too long, but then again it depends how important the environmental gains are to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ;33272
    it is strange and frustrating for us, customers of Pure Planet ( electric & gas ).. that we can not contact " P P ".
    ha! gap deleted...
    Last edited by woz; 14-07-19 at 22:33. Reason: suffering from scrollitis due to original post - mind the gap (apologies to TFL)
  • Hi nakhudapol,
    just to point out you asked the same question a while ago HERE. I assume you haven't read the reply?

Frustration is completely unnecessary. It is perfectly possible to contact PP but not by telephone.
    If you need help with anything account specific (rather than a general enquiry like this one, where the community is definitely the best place to ask), you can contact PP directly via help in app or online, type message the team, and ask your question(s). Replies are not instant but you will get a reply.
    PP cannot and won't advise you on solar installs for your property, the advice you have been given in the two replies isn't exhaustive but it should hopefully guide you in the right direction (well I would say that wouldn't I as one of the replies was mine!)
    From a financial standpoint alone, unless you have a huge south facing roof and use way above average amounts of electricity, the payback time is way too long, but then again it depends how important the environmental gains are to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ;33272
    ha! gap deleted...

• Why the huge gap?
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • Why the huge gap?
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN

• I think he was seeing if anyone was going to fall into it...
    Name:  Mindgap.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  8.9 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post
    Why the huge gap?
  • I think he was seeing if anyone was going to fall into it...
    Name:  Mindgap.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  8.9 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post
    Why the huge gap?