• What should my landlord do after I've moved out?

Hi, I ended my account on the 30th of June as I moved out of my rental property. The landlords are now being blocked from switching away from Pure Planet. Who is going to have to pay for the gas/electricity before they can switch account?
    Do you know why they are still being blocked as they have been trying to switch since the beginning of July?
    Tap below to see the best answer
    Last edited by catmac1997; 13-07-19 at 13:38.
  • Hi, I ended my account on the 30th of June as I moved out of my rental property. The landlords are now being blocked from switching away from Pure Planet. Who is going to have to pay for the gas/electricity before they can switch account?
    Do you know why they are still being blocked as they have been trying to switch since the beginning of July?
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Well that would be his problem.
    Once you close your acct which you have done then there is nothing you can do and its not your problem. The day you move out the landlord becomes the deemed customer and by law have to pay for any usage, if the landlord does not want anyone to know who he is then your better off out as they are proberly up to no good. Respectable law abiding landlords know the system and how it works and do things that way. The fact he refuses to provide the required details will only cause him problems.
  • Well that would be his problem.
    Once you close your acct which you have done then there is nothing you can do and its not your problem. The day you move out the landlord becomes the deemed customer and by law have to pay for any usage, if the landlord does not want anyone to know who he is then your better off out as they are proberly up to no good. Respectable law abiding landlords know the system and how it works and do things that way. The fact he refuses to provide the required details will only cause him problems.

• The landlord is responsible for any usage after you close your acct. Have your landlord informed PP who they are?
  • The landlord is responsible for any usage after you close your acct. Have your landlord informed PP who they are?

• I haven't received any communication about the problems from pure planet. My landlord doesn't want their details to be shared with PP
  • I haven't received any communication about the problems from pure planet. My landlord doesn't want their details to be shared with PP

• hi catmac1997
    as jon1 says and to add
    As long as you informed PP that you were moving out, and provided moving out meter readings (I hope you took photos too, always recommended) you will get a final bill to pay. From there your liability ends.
    You are quite at liberty to give PP the name of your landlord. (unless it's secret?)
    This is not really a PP issue, if you'd been with any other provider he'd still be a deemed customer. Tell him to go online and join, it's by far the easiest route for him, and if for some reason he doesn't wish to be with PP it's his quickest route out.
    He's still using energy supplied by PP

@marc this catmac thread should be moved and this line deleted?
    Quote Originally Posted by catmac1997 View Post
    Hi, I ended my account on the 30th of June as I moved out of my rental property. The landlords are now being blocked from switching away from Pure Planet. Who is going to have to pay for the gas/electricity before they can switch account?
    Last edited by woz; 13-07-19 at 15:06.
  • hi catmac1997
    as jon1 says and to add
    As long as you informed PP that you were moving out, and provided moving out meter readings (I hope you took photos too, always recommended) you will get a final bill to pay. From there your liability ends.
    You are quite at liberty to give PP the name of your landlord. (unless it's secret?)
    This is not really a PP issue, if you'd been with any other provider he'd still be a deemed customer. Tell him to go online and join, it's by far the easiest route for him, and if for some reason he doesn't wish to be with PP it's his quickest route out.
    He's still using energy supplied by PP

@marc this catmac thread should be moved and this line deleted?
    Quote Originally Posted by catmac1997 View Post

• Hi @catmac1997
    Welcome to the community!
    Cheers for posting. @Jon1 and @woz are both spot on here. The landlord just needs to join us and then s/he can decice whether to stay or switch.
    BTW I've moved your post to a new thread with a new title - as this could help other people in the same situation as you
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Hi @catmac1997
    Welcome to the community!
    Cheers for posting. @Jon1 and @woz are both spot on here. The landlord just needs to join us and then s/he can decice whether to stay or switch.
    BTW I've moved your post to a new thread with a new title - as this could help other people in the same situation as you
    Community Manager - Pure Planet