View Poll Results: Which major sporting event will you watch today?

Voters
4. This poll is closed
  • Wimbledon Mens Final

1 25.00%
  • Formula 1 British Grand Prix

0 0%
  • Cricket World Cup Final

1 25.00%
  • All of the above

2 50.00%

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  • Which major sporting event will you watch today?

All three for me. My priority wil be

F1
    Cricket
    Wimbledon

Hoping for a Lewis Hamilton / England / Federer win
    Last edited by Jowl; 14-07-19 at 09:46.
  • All three for me. My priority wil be

F1
    Cricket
    Wimbledon

Hoping for a Lewis Hamilton / England / Federer win
  • Hey,

Can't seem to see the World Superbikes round from Laguna Seca (California) in this poll. A Brit is leading the championship.

So I'll be watching 3 events..... definitely not including the cricket.
    F1
    Wimbledon
    WSBK
    Gray4276
  • Hey,

Can't seem to see the World Superbikes round from Laguna Seca (California) in this poll. A Brit is leading the championship.

So I'll be watching 3 events..... definitely not including the cricket.
    F1
    Wimbledon
    WSBK
    Gray4276
  • Both F1 and mens tennis at the same time.
  • Both F1 and mens tennis at the same time.
  • Just Wim for me πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸŽΎπŸ“πŸ’•
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • Just Wim for me πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸŽΎπŸ“πŸ’•
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • What an afternoon of sport. Incredible. Didn’t see much tennis tbh but the Grand Prix was the best of the season.

I’ve never seen a more thrilling game of cricket. That was incredible - won’t see a game like that again.
  • What an afternoon of sport. Incredible. Didn’t see much tennis tbh but the Grand Prix was the best of the season.

I’ve never seen a more thrilling game of cricket. That was incredible - won’t see a game like that again.
  • Quote Originally Posted by Jowl View Post
    What an afternoon of sport. Incredible. Didn’t see much tennis tbh but the Grand Prix was the best of the season.

I bet you're looking forward to Ashes @Jowl
    I'm looking forward to hearing about how England should be trouncing Australia but keep conspiring to throw it away....
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

What an afternoon of sport. Incredible. Didn’t see much tennis tbh but the Grand Prix was the best of the season.

I'm looking forward to hearing about how England should be trouncing Australia but keep conspiring to throw it away....
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Yeah we must getting our batting right (as well as start with the right mentatlity). I hope we don't go depending on the bowlers to get us out of trouble again like we did against Ireland. The good thing from that game is that we showed some resiliance and it might have been a kick up the backside!
  • Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Yeah we must getting our batting right (as well as start with the right mentatlity). I hope we don't go depending on the bowlers to get us out of trouble again like we did against Ireland. The good thing from that game is that we showed some resiliance and it might have been a kick up the backside!
  • Wow, what a mens final. I'm exhausted just watching them! Well done Djokovic.
    Could've gone either way tho.

F1 was good too, well done Lewis! What a star.
  • Wow, what a mens final. I'm exhausted just watching them! Well done Djokovic.
    Could've gone either way tho.

F1 was good too, well done Lewis! What a star.
  • We watched all 3... focused on the last 2 hours of the tennis which luckily finished 10 mins before the super over!

Between each set we were quickly putting the cricket back on and calculating how many runs we needed

Amazing day of sports
  • We watched all 3... focused on the last 2 hours of the tennis which luckily finished 10 mins before the super over!

Between each set we were quickly putting the cricket back on and calculating how many runs we needed

Amazing day of sports
  • Thank god for Sky Q
    Gray4276
  • Thank god for Sky Q
    Gray4276
  • Quote Originally Posted by Gray4276 View Post
    Thank god for Sky Q
    Indeed. Apart from it's terrible power consumption!
  • Quote Originally Posted by Gray4276 View Post
    Thank god for Sky Q
    Interesting..... please expand Jowl.....
    Gray4276
    Interesting..... please expand Jowl.....
    Gray4276
  • It's not the power consumption when in use so much. As far as I can find out that should be about 20w. However, there's no real sleep mode so it's always using a similar amount. You can do a 'deep sleep' mode but it means you're unable to schedule remote recordings etc. You lose some of the functionality and it's a lot slower to startup etc.

I must admit I haven't measured my box itself, it was just from inteernet research. I was hoping the Q boxes would be better designed than the old Sky HD ones. Wake on Lan uses <1w in standby and would be much more suitable (but perhaps harder to configure for sky / users)
  • It's not the power consumption when in use so much. As far as I can find out that should be about 20w. However, there's no real sleep mode so it's always using a similar amount. You can do a 'deep sleep' mode but it means you're unable to schedule remote recordings etc. You lose some of the functionality and it's a lot slower to startup etc.

I must admit I haven't measured my box itself, it was just from inteernet research. I was hoping the Q boxes would be better designed than the old Sky HD ones. Wake on Lan uses <1w in standby and would be much more suitable (but perhaps harder to configure for sky / users)
  • Watched highlights from all 3 events πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
  • Watched highlights from all 3 events πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
  • Only 2 months until the Rugby world cup....
  • Only 2 months until the Rugby world cup....
  • 13 months till the olympics. βœˆπŸš„β›©πŸ₯‡πŸ₯ˆπŸ₯‰
    Last edited by Jon1; 17-07-19 at 17:40.
  • 13 months till the olympics. βœˆπŸš„β›©πŸ₯‡πŸ₯ˆπŸ₯‰