Poll: Your favourite classic ice-creams and ice-lollies

• Favourite classic ice-creams/ice-lollies

The question of summer, which of these classic ice-creams/lollies is the best?!

Is your favourite missing off the list? let us know in the replies below!

Name:  mr whippy.PNG
Views: 227
Size:  342.0 KB

Remember when 99 flakes actually cost 99p?

Name:  ice lolly.PNG
Views: 151
Size:  446.0 KB
    Last edited by Nataly; 12-07-19 at 15:23.
  • The question of summer, which of these classic ice-creams/lollies is the best?!

Is your favourite missing off the list? let us know in the replies below!

Name:  ice lolly.PNG
Views: 151
Size:  446.0 KB
  • I think Maxibons should be on here as well!
  • I think Maxibons should be on here as well!
  • You cant lump ice creams and lollies together though.

Having said that, the 99 wins all forever
  • You cant lump ice creams and lollies together though.

• I think this is heading down the jaffa cake debate route (cake or biscuit?)
    What is a lolly made of ice cream, is it a lolly or an ice cream on a stick?
    Of course after watching a Magnum commercial we both know it's neither...

Quote Originally Posted by Jowl View Post
    You cant lump ice creams and lollies together though.

Last edited by woz; 12-07-19 at 17:39.
  • I think this is heading down the jaffa cake debate route (cake or biscuit?)
    What is a lolly made of ice cream, is it a lolly or an ice cream on a stick?
    Of course after watching a Magnum commercial we both know it's neither...

Quote Originally Posted by Jowl View Post
    You cant lump ice creams and lollies together though.

• Always remember the ice cream van coming to my secondary school during lunch breaks, it was such a daily treat. Every day I had a cherry brandy ice lolly with ice cream along the top with juice. Ooooh to be a kid again! Happy days!

​My absolute fave lolly tho, was and still is, the FAB πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • Always remember the ice cream van coming to my secondary school during lunch breaks, it was such a daily treat. Every day I had a cherry brandy ice lolly with ice cream along the top with juice. Ooooh to be a kid again! Happy days!

​My absolute fave lolly tho, was and still is, the FAB πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

WALT WHITMAN
  • Hmmmm on a hot sunny day you cant beat an ice pole. Sadly i dont have a freezer as i only buy fresh food. So a trip to the shop for ice cream means im forced to eat a whole tub.
  • Hmmmm on a hot sunny day you cant beat an ice pole. Sadly i dont have a freezer as i only buy fresh food. So a trip to the shop for ice cream means im forced to eat a whole tub.
  • Quote Originally Posted by Nataly View Post

Is this a trick question?

Should this be in the 'you know you are getting old when...' thread?

I'm sure I remember a '99' with 'bubblegum' syrup costing a lot less than 99p

Inflation, it's a wonderful thing.
  • Quote Originally Posted by Nataly View Post

Is this a trick question?

Should this be in the 'you know you are getting old when...' thread?

I'm sure I remember a '99' with 'bubblegum' syrup costing a lot less than 99p

Inflation, it's a wonderful thing.
  • Quote Originally Posted by Jon1 View Post
    Hmmmm on a hot sunny day you cant beat an ice pole. Sadly i dont have a freezer as i only buy fresh food. So a trip to the shop for ice cream means im forced to eat a whole tub.
    Jon I’m soooooo the same! Hate freezers and microwaves, have neither as buy fresh BUT soooooooo LOL re your β€œice pole” πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚, cos know they were called that when we were kids in 70s yes, but my mum still calls tip tops that today and I sooooooo always take the Mickey out of her saying no one calls them that these days πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚, we always larf about it, then bugger me if you didn’t say it, I did larf πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

WALT WHITMAN
    Hmmmm on a hot sunny day you cant beat an ice pole. Sadly i dont have a freezer as i only buy fresh food. So a trip to the shop for ice cream means im forced to eat a whole tub.
    Jon I’m soooooo the same! Hate freezers and microwaves, have neither as buy fresh BUT soooooooo LOL re your β€œice pole” πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚, cos know they were called that when we were kids in 70s yes, but my mum still calls tip tops that today and I sooooooo always take the Mickey out of her saying no one calls them that these days πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚, we always larf about it, then bugger me if you didn’t say it, I did larf πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

WALT WHITMAN
  • How is the Solero currently winning?!

Fab is definitely the best
  • How is the Solero currently winning?!

Fab is definitely the best
  • I find it pretty funny that the PP community is friendly and harmonious ... until biscuits, ice creams and lollies are involved. Then it’s war πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
  • I find it pretty funny that the PP community is friendly and harmonious ... until biscuits, ice creams and lollies are involved. Then it’s war πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
  • Name:  purbeck ice cream salted caramel-4o57__width_900__height_900__zoomcrop_none__bgcolour_FFF.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  54.3 KB

a classic and made in england.
  • Name:  purbeck ice cream salted caramel-4o57__width_900__height_900__zoomcrop_none__bgcolour_FFF.jpg

• 99 Every time for me @Nataly, just like the one in your photo 🍦🍦🍦
  • 99 Every time for me @Nataly, just like the one in your photo 🍦🍦🍦
  • Quote Originally Posted by Scubaseahorse View Post
    99 Every time for me @Nataly, just like the one in your photo οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ ½οΏ½
    ​Same here Scuba βœ”οΈβœ”οΈβœ”οΈβœ”οΈ
  • Quote Originally Posted by Scubaseahorse View Post
    99 Every time for me @Nataly, just like the one in your photo οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ ½οΏ½
    ​Same here Scuba βœ”οΈβœ”οΈβœ”οΈβœ”οΈ
  • πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ¦πŸ‘πŸ¦πŸ‘ @David j πŸ¦πŸ‘πŸ¦πŸ‘πŸ¦
  • πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ¦πŸ‘πŸ¦πŸ‘ @David j πŸ¦πŸ‘πŸ¦πŸ‘πŸ¦
    Name:  purbeck ice cream salted caramel-4o57__width_900__height_900__zoomcrop_none__bgcolour_FFF.jpg

I've never seen that before but it looks so so good

​
    Name:  purbeck ice cream salted caramel-4o57__width_900__height_900__zoomcrop_none__bgcolour_FFF.jpg

I've never seen that before but it looks so so good

​
  • Indeed it is Nataly. I am lucky enough to know the owners. They only use local milk and cream direct from the farmers and source all the ingrediants as close to home as possible. They have some weird flavours like christmas pudding ( pudding made by the ladies from the local WI )and even a vegan option.
    Last edited by Jon1; 16-07-19 at 15:37.
  • Indeed it is Nataly. I am lucky enough to know the owners. They only use local milk and cream direct from the farmers and source all the ingrediants as close to home as possible. They have some weird flavours like christmas pudding ( pudding made by the ladies from the local WI )and even a vegan option.
  • I think it’s time we saw you and your farm on Countryfile our Jonny πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜‚πŸ‘

WALT WHITMAN
  • I think it’s time we saw you and your farm on Countryfile our Jonny πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜‚πŸ‘

WALT WHITMAN
  • Phew, going to be a scorcher today. Could even be a two ice cream kind of day
    Of course when there's TWO on offer, it changes everything. You have to balance and compliment the flavours. So, I'm thinking a white choc Magnum followed by a Calippo. Lemonade flavour ideally, to cleanse the palate.

Oh, I thought of another old favourite, which didn't make this poll. The classic Nobbly Bobbly
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Phew, going to be a scorcher today. Could even be a two ice cream kind of day
    Of course when there's TWO on offer, it changes everything. You have to balance and compliment the flavours. So, I'm thinking a white choc Magnum followed by a Calippo. Lemonade flavour ideally, to cleanse the palate.

Oh, I thought of another old favourite, which didn't make this poll. The classic Nobbly Bobbly

• Spooky re Nobbly Bobbly πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€ as like Jon, choose to not have freezer, but Asda do packs of four Nobbly’s and last few visits have contemplated buying the four pack and eating all four, or buying the four pack and giving three away outside, but in today’s society, I know people would look at me as if I was mad, so rather than end up with three melting in my hands, I’ve not bought!

​Today however, I’m using the God send Magicool spray! Absolute MUST πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜“

WALT WHITMAN
  • Spooky re Nobbly Bobbly πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€ as like Jon, choose to not have freezer, but Asda do packs of four Nobbly’s and last few visits have contemplated buying the four pack and eating all four, or buying the four pack and giving three away outside, but in today’s society, I know people would look at me as if I was mad, so rather than end up with three melting in my hands, I’ve not bought!

​Today however, I’m using the God send Magicool spray! Absolute MUST πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜“

WALT WHITMAN
  • Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post
    Asda do packs of four Nobbly’s and last few visits have contemplated buying the four pack and eating all four, or buying the four pack and giving three away outside, but in today’s society, I know people would look at me as if I was mad
    Yes they would. I remember once offering strangers on the Tube in London some of my water, as it was a boiling hot day. They couldn't get away from me fast enough!
    Or maybe they're not fans of Nobbly Bobbly's @Bev ? Try Magnums next time?

• Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post
    Asda do packs of four Nobbly’s and last few visits have contemplated buying the four pack and eating all four, or buying the four pack and giving three away outside, but in today’s society, I know people would look at me as if I was mad
    Yes they would. I remember once offering strangers on the Tube in London some of my water, as it was a boiling hot day. They couldn't get away from me fast enough!
    Or maybe they're not fans of Nobbly Bobbly's @Bev ? Try Magnums next time?