• Moving House

The previous answers on moving house seem to direct me to non-existing/had-to-find menus.
    I am moving house on 8/8/2019 and want to stay with PurePlanet.
    How do I do this, please?
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • The previous answers on moving house seem to direct me to non-existing/had-to-find menus.
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hi dwlegg
    The answer is you can't take it with you!
    You'll need to use the "move out" button in the app (or now online), dropdown menu, go to "account", scroll down to move out button. (not at all hard to find?) where you will give your closing readings and other details just before you move, your PP account will be closed, you'll get a final bill some time later (could be weeks, depends and I advise don't cancel the dd.) and a short while after (hopefully, but see below*) you'll then be able to apply to switch from the existing provider at the new property into PP.
    You will be a deemed customer of the existing provider and responsible for the bills from the old provider at the new property from when you move in to until it switches, which if you do it immediately will take about 17 days.
    ​Don't forget to take photos of the meters and readings when you move out/move in.
    *If your account hasn't reset in time to allow you to switch in you can either use a different email address (hint) for the new property or contact pp and ask them to reset your account.

Quote Originally Posted by dwlegg View Post
    The previous answers on moving house seem to direct me to non-existing/had-to-find menus.
  • Hi dwlegg
    The answer is you can't take it with you!
    You'll need to use the "move out" button in the app (or now online), dropdown menu, go to "account", scroll down to move out button. (not at all hard to find?) where you will give your closing readings and other details just before you move, your PP account will be closed, you'll get a final bill some time later (could be weeks, depends and I advise don't cancel the dd.) and a short while after (hopefully, but see below*) you'll then be able to apply to switch from the existing provider at the new property into PP.
    You will be a deemed customer of the existing provider and responsible for the bills from the old provider at the new property from when you move in to until it switches, which if you do it immediately will take about 17 days.
    ​Don't forget to take photos of the meters and readings when you move out/move in.
    *If your account hasn't reset in time to allow you to switch in you can either use a different email address (hint) for the new property or contact pp and ask them to reset your account.

Quote Originally Posted by dwlegg View Post