Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

• Changing details for a previous property

I recently switched properties closing the account for my previous property. The estate agents then told me I needed to change the account holders name to my landlord, how do I go about doing this? I've tried to ask Wattbot it seems to be broken. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • I recently switched properties closing the account for my previous property. The estate agents then told me I needed to change the account holders name to my landlord, how do I go about doing this? I've tried to ask Wattbot it seems to be broken. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hi sean192.
    If you have followed he correct systems and closed your acct, then you have done all you can.
    1. You cant sign your old landlord up as the acct holder. Only they can do that.
    2. The letting agent is clueless for telling you that you can,
    3. The landlord is now the deemed customer and they have to sign up to PP or switch to their preferred supplier again only they can do this.
    If the estate agent says other wise then tell them to do one and go on a training course.
  • Hi sean192.
    If you have followed he correct systems and closed your acct, then you have done all you can.
    1. You cant sign your old landlord up as the acct holder. Only they can do that.
    2. The letting agent is clueless for telling you that you can,
    3. The landlord is now the deemed customer and they have to sign up to PP or switch to their preferred supplier again only they can do this.
    If the estate agent says other wise then tell them to do one and go on a training course.

• Hi Jon1,

Thanks for the quick response. Looks like I'll just have to tell them to do that when they ask about it then! Thanks for you help.

Sean.
  • Hi Jon1,

Thanks for the quick response. Looks like I'll just have to tell them to do that when they ask about it then! Thanks for you help.

Sean.

• or...perhaps you should tell the estate agents you're going to switch their homes to be on PP and change the account holders names on their accounts and see what the response is.
    (good reply by jon1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean192 View Post
    I recently switched properties closing the account for my previous property. The estate agents then told me I needed to change the account holders name to my landlord, how do I go about doing this? I've tried to ask Wattbot it seems to be broken. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • or...perhaps you should tell the estate agents you're going to switch their homes to be on PP and change the account holders names on their accounts and see what the response is.
    (good reply by jon1)

• Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    or...perhaps you should tell the estate agents you're going to switch their homes to be on PP and change the account holders names on their accounts and see what the response is.
    (good reply by jon1)
    But the supply is already on PP? I'm not changing supply, I've moved out and they way to be in control of the accounts straight away. Apologies if I've misunderstood what you're getting at.
    or...perhaps you should tell the estate agents you're going to switch their homes to be on PP and change the account holders names on their accounts and see what the response is.
    (good reply by jon1)
    But the supply is already on PP? I'm not changing supply, I've moved out and they way to be in control of the accounts straight away. Apologies if I've misunderstood what you're getting at.

• oops sorry, it was a very poor attempt at sarcasm, they asked you to change someone else's energy supplier so I suggested you should ask the estate agent if it was acceptable for you to change the estate agents personal energy supplier and ask how they would feel if you did that. Ignore it, I wish I could delete that post...
  • oops sorry, it was a very poor attempt at sarcasm, they asked you to change someone else's energy supplier so I suggested you should ask the estate agent if it was acceptable for you to change the estate agents personal energy supplier and ask how they would feel if you did that. Ignore it, I wish I could delete that post...

oops sorry, it was a very poor attempt at sarcasm, they asked you to change someone else's energy supplier so I suggested you should ask the estate agent if it was acceptable for you to change the estate agents personal energy supplier and ask how they would feel if you did that. Ignore it, I wish I could delete that post...

Ha, apologies, that was my fault, I'll blame my tired brain to save face!

It did seem an odd request to us, I'll just leave it and weather storm. I just hope they don't start playing funny business with our deposit.
    oops sorry, it was a very poor attempt at sarcasm, they asked you to change someone else's energy supplier so I suggested you should ask the estate agent if it was acceptable for you to change the estate agents personal energy supplier and ask how they would feel if you did that. Ignore it, I wish I could delete that post...

Ha, apologies, that was my fault, I'll blame my tired brain to save face!

It did seem an odd request to us, I'll just leave it and weather storm. I just hope they don't start playing funny business with our deposit.

• Hey Sean 192,

Don't take any s**t about your deposit !!
    It is definitely not your responsibility to sort out the landlord's energy supply account. You have done everything required of you. The estate agent obviously doesn't have a clue what he/she is talking about.
    Gray4276
  • Hey Sean 192,

Don't take any s**t about your deposit !!
    It is definitely not your responsibility to sort out the landlord's energy supply account. You have done everything required of you. The estate agent obviously doesn't have a clue what he/she is talking about.
    Gray4276

• Its ok sean. I know a good lawyer.
  • Its ok sean. I know a good lawyer.