• message the team

How can I get the gas meter moved? it's pretty old, on the ground outside and difficult to read without practically hanging upside down. Ideally would like it moved about a foot up. Have talked to Wales and West Utilities who don't see any practical problem.
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • How can I get the gas meter moved? it's pretty old, on the ground outside and difficult to read without practically hanging upside down. Ideally would like it moved about a foot up. Have talked to Wales and West Utilities who don't see any practical problem.
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hi beaufort.
    If you use wattbot to message the team then PP can help organise that for you. Depending on how far it needs moving you will also have to get the network provider for your area involved.
    Be warned it can be very expensive, you may be better off waiting for a smart meter, as once you have one you dont need to read the meter and if it needs movibg to install it you dont have to pay.
  • Hi beaufort.
    If you use wattbot to message the team then PP can help organise that for you. Depending on how far it needs moving you will also have to get the network provider for your area involved.
    Be warned it can be very expensive, you may be better off waiting for a smart meter, as once you have one you dont need to read the meter and if it needs movibg to install it you dont have to pay.

• Hi thanks for replying. I spoke to Wales & West who said it should be no problem as the meter only needs to be moved a few inches, and the ECV and anaconda should not need to be touched.
  • Hi thanks for replying. I spoke to Wales & West who said it should be no problem as the meter only needs to be moved a few inches, and the ECV and anaconda should not need to be touched.

• Name:  BATMETER.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  41.5 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaufort View Post
    How can I get the gas meter moved? it's pretty old, on the ground outside and difficult to read without practically hanging upside down. Ideally would like it moved about a foot up. Have talked to Wales and West Utilities who don't see any practical problem.
  • Name:  BATMETER.jpg

• How did you know?! Now you see why it needs to be changed.....
  • How did you know?! Now you see why it needs to be changed.....

• I think the hanging upside down may have been a clue...
    How did you know?! Now you see why it needs to be changed.....
  • I think the hanging upside down may have been a clue...
    How did you know?! Now you see why it needs to be changed.....

• Hey @Beaufort

Just FYI I've moved this to Ask the Community

Looks like you got great advice from @Jon1 - just message the team via WattBot and they'll be able to arrange this for you
  • Hey @Beaufort

Just FYI I've moved this to Ask the Community

Looks like you got great advice from @Jon1 - just message the team via WattBot and they'll be able to arrange this for you

• Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    Name:  BATMETER.jpg
    Nice pic @woz
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    Name:  BATMETER.jpg
    Nice pic @woz
    Community Manager - Pure Planet