• hi @Steve0
    ​Has this been sorted?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve0 View Post
    Hi all.
    Not sure I'm in the correct section for a new thread but anyway.
    I had my smart meter fitted by Magnum on 10th July and told everything was fine and both gas and electricity will show uo on the in house display in up to 24 hours.
    After two days of nothing and the system status showing an error 22-0 "meter network not connected" I messaged the installation engineer and he replied saying they are having issues with the network and he will pass it on to his technical department. Also to leave the display plugged in closer to the meter to see if it connects and if not to give TOTO a ring.
    So it did not connect, I have no idea who TOTO is and now I received an email asking for my meter reading. On checking my meter boxes the electricity seemed to be showing the usage and cost all fine.
    The gas meter however is totally blank. Nothing showing on the display or anything making it impossible for me to send a meter reading and impossible for me to read any information from my in house display.
    This is a very disappointing situation I find myself in.
    ​Please help to get it rectified.
  • hi @Steve0
    ​Has this been sorted?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve0 View Post
    Hi all.
    Not sure I'm in the correct section for a new thread but anyway.
    I had my smart meter fitted by Magnum on 10th July and told everything was fine and both gas and electricity will show uo on the in house display in up to 24 hours.
    After two days of nothing and the system status showing an error 22-0 "meter network not connected" I messaged the installation engineer and he replied saying they are having issues with the network and he will pass it on to his technical department. Also to leave the display plugged in closer to the meter to see if it connects and if not to give TOTO a ring.
    So it did not connect, I have no idea who TOTO is and now I received an email asking for my meter reading. On checking my meter boxes the electricity seemed to be showing the usage and cost all fine.
    The gas meter however is totally blank. Nothing showing on the display or anything making it impossible for me to send a meter reading and impossible for me to read any information from my in house display.
    This is a very disappointing situation I find myself in.
    ​Please help to get it rectified.

• @Marc: how about Scotland? I am in Edinburgh and just had my metre installed today. The gas works fine on IHD but electricity says "waiting for data". Not sure what happens here... any suggestions?
  • @Marc: how about Scotland? I am in Edinburgh and just had my metre installed today. The gas works fine on IHD but electricity says "waiting for data". Not sure what happens here... any suggestions?

• Quote Originally Posted by Honghan View Post
    @Marc: how about Scotland? I am in Edinburgh and just had my metre installed today. The gas works fine on IHD but electricity says "waiting for data". Not sure what happens here... any suggestions?
    Hi @Honghan
    Scotland is considered part of the general 'North' in the world of smart meters.
    Is elec still not displaying?
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

@Marc: how about Scotland? I am in Edinburgh and just had my metre installed today. The gas works fine on IHD but electricity says "waiting for data". Not sure what happens here... any suggestions?
    Hi @Honghan
    Scotland is considered part of the general 'North' in the world of smart meters.
    Is elec still not displaying?

• Thanks! My elec is still not displaying...
  • Thanks! My elec is still not displaying...

Thanks! My elec is still not displaying...
    Hi @Honghan
    Have you contacted our Member services team about this? They sometimes need to re-start your IHD remotely.
    Also - and sorry for typing this - switching it off and on again helps.

Thanks! My elec is still not displaying...
    Hi @Honghan
    Have you contacted our Member services team about this? They sometimes need to re-start your IHD remotely.
    Also - and sorry for typing this - switching it off and on again helps.

• Thanks for all the information, can you just let me know if in the future after we have our smart meter fitted, we decide to go to another provider will we then have to pay pure planet?
  • Thanks for all the information, can you just let me know if in the future after we have our smart meter fitted, we decide to go to another provider will we then have to pay pure planet?

• hi bell
    ​You only need to pay PP for the energy and membership fee, you can change providers without penalty, irrespective of whoever installed your meter (and for which there is no charge).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bell View Post
    Thanks for all the information, can you just let me know if in the future after we have our smart meter fitted, we decide to go to another provider will we then have to pay pure planet?
  • hi bell
    ​You only need to pay PP for the energy and membership fee, you can change providers without penalty, irrespective of whoever installed your meter (and for which there is no charge).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bell View Post
    Thanks for all the information, can you just let me know if in the future after we have our smart meter fitted, we decide to go to another provider will we then have to pay pure planet?

• Having the same issue as others new install yesterday and gas showing but no electricity usage.
  • Having the same issue as others new install yesterday and gas showing but no electricity usage.

• New meters, gas not working

I had 2 new meters installed last week. Electricity is working & sending info to the screen. But the gas does not - I only have the electricity usage, no mention of gas at all?
  • I had 2 new meters installed last week. Electricity is working & sending info to the screen. But the gas does not - I only have the electricity usage, no mention of gas at all?

• Hi @Dekenba
    Welcome to the community!
    Thanks for posting. I've moved your post to this thread as it seems to be the same issue about gas usage not appearing in the IHD.
    Here's the latest.

• Hi @Dekenba
    Welcome to the community!
    Thanks for posting. I've moved your post to this thread as it seems to be the same issue about gas usage not appearing in the IHD.
    Here's the latest.

• My problem is resolved - the gas info suddenly appeared on the screen, all by itself.

It's a little wild - £8 an hour cost! - but I guess it needs more data before it starts to make sense?
  • My problem is resolved - the gas info suddenly appeared on the screen, all by itself.

It's a little wild - £8 an hour cost! - but I guess it needs more data before it starts to make sense?

• If you were to keep the gas on constantly (it almost never is) and it was heating water at the rate of say 15kWh (cost 50p) or even a boiler in the cold weather taking say 60kw (that's a lot) (cost £2.00) constantly you'd never reach £8 an hour so that's a bit strange...
    I wonder what it's measuring...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekenba View Post
    My problem is resolved - the gas info suddenly appeared on the screen, all by itself.

• If you were to keep the gas on constantly (it almost never is) and it was heating water at the rate of say 15kWh (cost 50p) or even a boiler in the cold weather taking say 60kw (that's a lot) (cost £2.00) constantly you'd never reach £8 an hour so that's a bit strange...
    I wonder what it's measuring...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekenba View Post
    My problem is resolved - the gas info suddenly appeared on the screen, all by itself.

• Quote Originally Posted by Dekenba View Post
    Just a thought, have you checked the tariff in settings, unlikely but may be wrong.
    If you press the home button, use the arrows to scroll down to tariff select gas, and check.
    It should be the same as stated in your app, balance and payments.
  • Quote Originally Posted by Dekenba View Post
    Just a thought, have you checked the tariff in settings, unlikely but may be wrong.
    If you press the home button, use the arrows to scroll down to tariff select gas, and check.
    It should be the same as stated in your app, balance and payments.

• Hi @Marc, having had my IHD failing to reconnect after being unplugged, I decided to read through the various posts to see if I had missed anything to get it to work again.
    On the subject of a firmware update, is this update for the Comms hub or the IHD. I don't see how you can update an IHD when it won't connect to the meters. In my own case it just shows the Geo logo and connecting to smart meter, or it did, I've unplugged it and put it in the cupboard.
  • Hi @Marc, having had my IHD failing to reconnect after being unplugged, I decided to read through the various posts to see if I had missed anything to get it to work again.
    On the subject of a firmware update, is this update for the Comms hub or the IHD. I don't see how you can update an IHD when it won't connect to the meters. In my own case it just shows the Geo logo and connecting to smart meter, or it did, I've unplugged it and put it in the cupboard.

• Good morning @Duppy
    I've had a chat with our smart meters team. If you're OK to plug it back in they'll have a crack at sorting it from here

• Good morning @Duppy
    I've had a chat with our smart meters team. If you're OK to plug it back in they'll have a crack at sorting it from here

• Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Good morning @Duppy
    I've plugged it back in, I'll leave it and see if they can do anything. Thanks
  • Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Good morning @Duppy
    I've plugged it back in, I'll leave it and see if they can do anything. Thanks

• Hi @Marc. If whatever your smart team do to get Duppy’s IHD to connect works I’d be interested to know the fix as I suddenly had the exact same issue. Also no Statement again this month and a lack of readings information on the app, I thought you had fixed this issue last month? I’ve informed the team through Wattbott.
  • Hi @Marc. If whatever your smart team do to get Duppy’s IHD to connect works I’d be interested to know the fix as I suddenly had the exact same issue. Also no Statement again this month and a lack of readings information on the app, I thought you had fixed this issue last month? I’ve informed the team through Wattbott.

• Hi ChrisH
    I am also having the problem of no gas readings on app and no statements. The team have now entered some of the readings I submitted, but it appears that there is a problem with getting the readings from the gas meter. My electric readings are showing though
  • Hi ChrisH
    I am also having the problem of no gas readings on app and no statements. The team have now entered some of the readings I submitted, but it appears that there is a problem with getting the readings from the gas meter. My electric readings are showing though

• when-smart-meters-go-wrong <

disclaimer: I love technology.
  • when-smart-meters-go-wrong <

disclaimer: I love technology.

• Good morning @Duppy
    Any joy yet with your IHD?

@ChrisH if you've contacted our time via WattBot that's brill

• Good morning @Duppy
    Any joy yet with your IHD?

@ChrisH if you've contacted our time via WattBot that's brill