• Quote Originally Posted by Facherty View Post
    No, the electricity shows nothing.
    Hi @Facherty
    If you open WattBot in your app, and type the words 'IHD problem' Watt will take more details from you and pass this on to our smart meter team to look into.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Quote Originally Posted by Facherty View Post
    No, the electricity shows nothing.
    Hi @Facherty
    If you open WattBot in your app, and type the words 'IHD problem' Watt will take more details from you and pass this on to our smart meter team to look into.

• Due to the network issues my install wasn't even completed, I was told by the engineer with Magnum that somebody would contact me within a week to come back and finish it off and nobody has. I have an unopened box which appears to be the monitor and no end meter readings for the old meter either, were they forwarded to you??? I'm starting to really worry that this has been completely messed up, I've fallen off the radar and will be left with a hefty bill that I didn't run up. I can appreciate you're having firmware problems, but it seems to me that the customer service is somewhat wanting as well. Can somebody look into this for me please?
  • Due to the network issues my install wasn't even completed, I was told by the engineer with Magnum that somebody would contact me within a week to come back and finish it off and nobody has. I have an unopened box which appears to be the monitor and no end meter readings for the old meter either, were they forwarded to you??? I'm starting to really worry that this has been completely messed up, I've fallen off the radar and will be left with a hefty bill that I didn't run up. I can appreciate you're having firmware problems, but it seems to me that the customer service is somewhat wanting as well. Can somebody look into this for me please?

• Hi JulianneGascoyne

You will need to contact PP via Wattbot.
    Type message the team then explain that your smart meter installation was not completed. They will contact Magnum on your behalf. You will receive a notification when you get a reply.
    Replies are not instant usually within 24 hours
  • Hi JulianneGascoyne

You will need to contact PP via Wattbot.
    Type message the team then explain that your smart meter installation was not completed. They will contact Magnum on your behalf. You will receive a notification when you get a reply.
    Replies are not instant usually within 24 hours

• I also have this "28-1 installed but not connected" message on the IHD: no electricity readings. I've gone through the WattBot process so we'll see.

I think Pure Planet needs to be a LOT more upfront about how sketchy the system still is. I know it's a pilot scheme - but having extolled the virtues when inviting us to sign up - to then send an email AFTER installation saying "oh, by the way, you still need to send your meter readings cos it doesn't work properly, sorry" - that's just annoying. If people were made more clearly aware of all these issues before deciding whether or not to join the pilot - I think it would save a lot of frustration.
  • I also have this "28-1 installed but not connected" message on the IHD: no electricity readings. I've gone through the WattBot process so we'll see.

I think Pure Planet needs to be a LOT more upfront about how sketchy the system still is. I know it's a pilot scheme - but having extolled the virtues when inviting us to sign up - to then send an email AFTER installation saying "oh, by the way, you still need to send your meter readings cos it doesn't work properly, sorry" - that's just annoying. If people were made more clearly aware of all these issues before deciding whether or not to join the pilot - I think it would save a lot of frustration.

• Hi

I'm in the NE of England. My two meters were installed a month ago. Both were showing on IHD initially, then gas went off. Now both dont connect.

Can you advise when new firmware will be available as previous posts have advised late September? Will we have to do anything to install this firmware or is it done remotely?
  • Hi

I'm in the NE of England. My two meters were installed a month ago. Both were showing on IHD initially, then gas went off. Now both dont connect.

Can you advise when new firmware will be available as previous posts have advised late September? Will we have to do anything to install this firmware or is it done remotely?

• Hi Duppy, thanks for the help but I find WattBott completely useless, it keeps asking me if I'm interested in getting one or refers me back to the community, I'm going round in circles. I need Pure Planet to actually take an interest and sort this out!! The meter doesn't appear to be registering anything at all, I have no idea what's going on and I can't now switch (which I really want to do now) until it's sorted because I can't give anyone a meter reading.
    Last edited by Marc; 01-10-19 at 15:20. Reason: removing profanity
  • Hi Duppy, thanks for the help but I find WattBott completely useless, it keeps asking me if I'm interested in getting one or refers me back to the community, I'm going round in circles. I need Pure Planet to actually take an interest and sort this out!! The meter doesn't appear to be registering anything at all, I have no idea what's going on and I can't now switch (which I really want to do now) until it's sorted because I can't give anyone a meter reading.

• Quote Originally Posted by JulianneGascoyne View Post
    Hi Duppy, thanks for the help but I find WattBott completely useless, it keeps asking me if I'm interested in getting one or refers me back to the community, I'm going round in circles. I need Pure Planet to actually take an interest and sort this out!! The meter doesn't appear to be registering anything at all, I have no idea what's going on and I can't now switch (which I really want to do now) until it's sorted because I can't give anyone a meter reading.
    Did you type message the team before asking your question. It's the only way to get a human response otherwise it an AI q&a
    Last edited by Marc; 01-10-19 at 15:20.
  • Quote Originally Posted by JulianneGascoyne View Post
    Hi Duppy, thanks for the help but I find WattBott completely useless, it keeps asking me if I'm interested in getting one or refers me back to the community, I'm going round in circles. I need Pure Planet to actually take an interest and sort this out!! The meter doesn't appear to be registering anything at all, I have no idea what's going on and I can't now switch (which I really want to do now) until it's sorted because I can't give anyone a meter reading.
    Did you type message the team before asking your question. It's the only way to get a human response otherwise it an AI q&a

• Duppy I didn't know about that, I'll try it, thanks
  • Duppy I didn't know about that, I'll try it, thanks

• hi Julianne
    The bad news
    sadly there are problems with the IHD's and indeed the entire communication framework, please don't take this the wrong way but you are unlikely to get a quick fix, there are thousands of customers in many other companies having problems similar to yours. If your switch to PP was predicated upon the IHD working I'm afraid you're going to be disappointed for a while.
    The good news
    You don't need the in home display to read the actual meter, you can still read the actual meter itself, so if you want to switch (I hope you don't) - you will be able to get readings. https://community.purepla.net/conten...eter#ckb_start
    Last edited by woz; 21-09-19 at 19:46.
  • hi Julianne
    The bad news
    sadly there are problems with the IHD's and indeed the entire communication framework, please don't take this the wrong way but you are unlikely to get a quick fix, there are thousands of customers in many other companies having problems similar to yours. If your switch to PP was predicated upon the IHD working I'm afraid you're going to be disappointed for a while.
    The good news
    You don't need the in home display to read the actual meter, you can still read the actual meter itself, so if you want to switch (I hope you don't) - you will be able to get readings. https://community.purepla.net/conten...eter#ckb_start

• I am feeling I'd like my old meters re-installed, as my smartmeter is still not receiving data, and it is now becoming beyond a joke in our family.
    As someone who is truely worried about our planets future, I am already referred to as a Bat **** Crazy Old Hippy (actually a term of endearment) for trying to - aged almost 66 - to live a low carbon footprint lifestyle, but the new SMET2 meters are, for me, more difficult to read, as I need to first empty the area of coats, and then be pressing buttons to illuminate the display and with arthritic fingers and very painful and swollen thumb joints, plus having to climb into the under stairs cupboard every time to reach the meters which is is ridiculous. I really expected better! At least with my old meters, I could shine a torch onto the numbers and read my meters with ease.
    Come on, Pure Planet!
  • I am feeling I'd like my old meters re-installed, as my smartmeter is still not receiving data, and it is now becoming beyond a joke in our family.
    As someone who is truely worried about our planets future, I am already referred to as a Bat **** Crazy Old Hippy (actually a term of endearment) for trying to - aged almost 66 - to live a low carbon footprint lifestyle, but the new SMET2 meters are, for me, more difficult to read, as I need to first empty the area of coats, and then be pressing buttons to illuminate the display and with arthritic fingers and very painful and swollen thumb joints, plus having to climb into the under stairs cupboard every time to reach the meters which is is ridiculous. I really expected better! At least with my old meters, I could shine a torch onto the numbers and read my meters with ease.
    Come on, Pure Planet!

• Quote Originally Posted by Mahone View Post
    I know it's a pilot scheme - but having extolled the virtues when inviting us to sign up - to then send an email AFTER installation saying "oh, by the way, you still need to send your meter readings cos it doesn't work properly, sorry" - that's just annoying. If people were made more clearly aware of all these issues before deciding whether or not to join the pilot - I think it would save a lot of frustration.
    Good point @Mahone
    Feedback's always appreciated and useful.
    I'll pass this on to our smart meters team.

• Quote Originally Posted by Mahone View Post
    I know it's a pilot scheme - but having extolled the virtues when inviting us to sign up - to then send an email AFTER installation saying "oh, by the way, you still need to send your meter readings cos it doesn't work properly, sorry" - that's just annoying. If people were made more clearly aware of all these issues before deciding whether or not to join the pilot - I think it would save a lot of frustration.
    Good point @Mahone
    Feedback's always appreciated and useful.
    I'll pass this on to our smart meters team.

• Thanks. And if you're passing that on, you might also mention to them that I went through the Wattbot rigmarole to report the issue, coming up two weeks ago now, but haven't received any response. The technical problem might not be Pure Planet's responsibility - but I'd have thought customer service is.
  • Thanks. And if you're passing that on, you might also mention to them that I went through the Wattbot rigmarole to report the issue, coming up two weeks ago now, but haven't received any response. The technical problem might not be Pure Planet's responsibility - but I'd have thought customer service is.

• How will the update be done, can you flash it over e air or do the need to visit the home. I had a smart meter installed late Sept ‘in the nirth’ And it doesn’t work correctly.
  • How will the update be done, can you flash it over e air or do the need to visit the home. I had a smart meter installed late Sept ‘in the nirth’ And it doesn’t work correctly.

• Sorry just jumping on this as I have a similar issue.
    My 2nd gen smart meter's were installed last week and the engineer could not set them up fully because Magnum office had closed for the day when he had finished.
    He assured me these should start to work in a few days, however a week later and I still have nothing showing on my IHD.
    Called Magnum today who told me to speak to PP and see if this could be resolved remotely, if not PP would ask them to attend the address to resolve.
    I tried to contact via Wattbot a couple of days ago but haven't heard anything back.
  • Sorry just jumping on this as I have a similar issue.
    My 2nd gen smart meter's were installed last week and the engineer could not set them up fully because Magnum office had closed for the day when he had finished.
    He assured me these should start to work in a few days, however a week later and I still have nothing showing on my IHD.
    Called Magnum today who told me to speak to PP and see if this could be resolved remotely, if not PP would ask them to attend the address to resolve.
    I tried to contact via Wattbot a couple of days ago but haven't heard anything back.

• Just an update - the electricity side of the IHD has sprung into life this morning and seems to be doing exactly what it should - so looks like the firmware update or whatever it was has happened. Hope everyone who had "not receiving all data" message is now sorted too!

I still never got any actual messages or support from PP directly though (beyond Marc's post on here - thanks for that one)- which is a bit disappointing. It didn't really bother me personally, but I can imagine for vulnerable customers being kept in the loop would be welcomed.
  • Just an update - the electricity side of the IHD has sprung into life this morning and seems to be doing exactly what it should - so looks like the firmware update or whatever it was has happened. Hope everyone who had "not receiving all data" message is now sorted too!

I still never got any actual messages or support from PP directly though (beyond Marc's post on here - thanks for that one)- which is a bit disappointing. It didn't really bother me personally, but I can imagine for vulnerable customers being kept in the loop would be welcomed.

• Quote Originally Posted by chaz1986 View Post
    Sorry just jumping on this as I have a similar issue.
    Hi @chaz1986
    Sorry to hear that.
    I believe that Jamil from our smart meter team is looking into this for you.
    He'll attempt to sort this out for you

• Quote Originally Posted by chaz1986 View Post
    Sorry just jumping on this as I have a similar issue.
    Hi @chaz1986
    Sorry to hear that.
    I believe that Jamil from our smart meter team is looking into this for you.
    He'll attempt to sort this out for you

• Has there been any resolution to this problem? Disappointed to only just see this thread after we've had the smart meter installation and I have to say it's a shame pure planet didn't inform us that there was an issue with IHDs in the north otherwise we would have delayed getting one.

Anyway, our smart meter was installed yesterday and every since then the IHD has just said connecting to smart meter and not commissioned. The engineer said it could take up to 24 hours to come on but that hasn't been the case.
  • Has there been any resolution to this problem? Disappointed to only just see this thread after we've had the smart meter installation and I have to say it's a shame pure planet didn't inform us that there was an issue with IHDs in the north otherwise we would have delayed getting one.

Anyway, our smart meter was installed yesterday and every since then the IHD has just said connecting to smart meter and not commissioned. The engineer said it could take up to 24 hours to come on but that hasn't been the case.

• Received an email from you saying:
    Thanks for contacting us about your In-Home Display (IHD).

We've tried to re-join your IHD to the smart meters. If the IHD still isn't showing your usage information after 24 hours, please let us know. Please ensure your IHD is plugged in as close to your electricity meter as possible while the re-joining process completes.

Tried it again, and the electricity display still doesn't work. Also tried the ideas suggested and by WattBot.

What next?

Thanks
  • Received an email from you saying:
    Thanks for contacting us about your In-Home Display (IHD).

We've tried to re-join your IHD to the smart meters. If the IHD still isn't showing your usage information after 24 hours, please let us know. Please ensure your IHD is plugged in as close to your electricity meter as possible while the re-joining process completes.

Tried it again, and the electricity display still doesn't work. Also tried the ideas suggested and by WattBot.

What next?

Thanks

• I've just posted an update to the connectivity issues in the 'North' region.
    Check out the update here.
    Closing this thread so we don't have duplicate chats.

• I've just posted an update to the connectivity issues in the 'North' region.
    Check out the update here.
    Closing this thread so we don't have duplicate chats.