• Solar panels

Hi all this is my first post quick question as to whether your planet know who and how many of the customers have solar panels ?
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Hi all this is my first post quick question as to whether your planet know who and how many of the customers have solar panels ?
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hey @Kim nott and welcome to the Community for your first post!

We don't currently have an option for our Members to let us know they have solar panels. Is there a particular reason you wanted to know? The Community may be able to help you out with any other questions you have?

Solar panel accounts are called FITs - we don't currently provide these.

You can have your energy with us and FIT with another supplier though
  • Hey @Kim nott and welcome to the Community for your first post!

We don't currently have an option for our Members to let us know they have solar panels. Is there a particular reason you wanted to know? The Community may be able to help you out with any other questions you have?

Solar panel accounts are called FITs - we don't currently provide these.

You can have your energy with us and FIT with another supplier though

• FiT (Feedin Tariffs) have been closed since 1 April 2019.
    The replacement scheme - Smart Energy Guarantee (SEG) is meant to kick in in 2020, but only companies with 150,000 or more customers need to join up. So @Nataly perhaps you can tell us if Pure Planet has >150,000 customers and if they plan to offer SEG refunds for domestic customers generating excess electricity with their solar panels?
  • FiT (Feedin Tariffs) have been closed since 1 April 2019.
    The replacement scheme - Smart Energy Guarantee (SEG) is meant to kick in in 2020, but only companies with 150,000 or more customers need to join up. So @Nataly perhaps you can tell us if Pure Planet has >150,000 customers and if they plan to offer SEG refunds for domestic customers generating excess electricity with their solar panels?

• hi AAT, this has already been the subject of some discussion and the current status is awaiting information...
    I an absolutely sure the community will be updated when there is info to be had.
    Quote Originally Posted by AAT View Post
    FiT (Feedin Tariffs) have been closed since 1 April 2019.
  • hi AAT, this has already been the subject of some discussion and the current status is awaiting information...
    I an absolutely sure the community will be updated when there is info to be had.
    Quote Originally Posted by AAT View Post
    FiT (Feedin Tariffs) have been closed since 1 April 2019.

• I have not seen an answer to the simple question of whether PP has >150,000 customers (or thinks it could have by 1 Jan 2020).
    For PP customers considering installing solar panels, this is a relevant piece of information which appears to be well-hidden if it is out there.
    So if someone from PP can answer (or someone else can point me to a place where they've already answered) then that will be appreciated.
  • I have not seen an answer to the simple question of whether PP has >150,000 customers (or thinks it could have by 1 Jan 2020).
    For PP customers considering installing solar panels, this is a relevant piece of information which appears to be well-hidden if it is out there.
    So if someone from PP can answer (or someone else can point me to a place where they've already answered) then that will be appreciated.

• Quote Originally Posted by AAT View Post
    I have not seen an answer to the simple question of whether PP has >150,000 customers (or thinks it could have by 1 Jan 2020).
    Hi there
    This doesn't entirely answer your question, but gives a strong suggestion:
    @Marc posted in April with reference to SEG "I've been speaking to the team here at PP HQ about this.
    We'd love to be getting into this. As you know we've not yet supported feed-in tariffs. In the future we'll apply for "regulatory approval" but for now our hands are really full with getting other projects off the ground first - Smart meters, app improvements, managing multiple accounts, WattBot improvements, and so on.
    ​See what I mean?"

Hope that helps in the meantime
    Stephen
    I have not seen an answer to the simple question of whether PP has >150,000 customers (or thinks it could have by 1 Jan 2020).
    Hi there
    This doesn't entirely answer your question, but gives a strong suggestion:
    @Marc posted in April with reference to SEG "I've been speaking to the team here at PP HQ about this.
    We'd love to be getting into this. As you know we've not yet supported feed-in tariffs. In the future we'll apply for "regulatory approval" but for now our hands are really full with getting other projects off the ground first - Smart meters, app improvements, managing multiple accounts, WattBot improvements, and so on.
    ​See what I mean?"

Hope that helps in the meantime
    Stephen

• Following, as I am very interested in this.
  • Following, as I am very interested in this.

Marc's July roundup says "in July we flew past the 23,000 community members milestone". I think that answers the question?
    Stephen
    Marc's July roundup says "in July we flew past the 23,000 community members milestone". I think that answers the question?
    Stephen

• Hi Stephen,

Actually your reply doesn't answer his question regarding the size of PP's customer base. Not all PP customers are necessarily Community Forum members.
    For example..... I own a Renault but I'm not a member of the Renault owners club.
    Also I'm sure that there may be some members of the Community Forum who are no longer PP customers.

Quote Originally Posted by stephenrand View Post
    Stephen
    Gray4276
  • Hi Stephen,

Actually your reply doesn't answer his question regarding the size of PP's customer base. Not all PP customers are necessarily Community Forum members.
    For example..... I own a Renault but I'm not a member of the Renault owners club.
    Also I'm sure that there may be some members of the Community Forum who are no longer PP customers.

Stephen
    Gray4276

• Quote Originally Posted by Gray4276 View Post
    Hi Stephen,

Hi there
    Good point!
    I did wonder - that was why I wrote 'think'... but do you think the gap could be over 100,000? I'm surprised it's so hard to find out customer figures for smaller suppliers.
    Thanks
    Stephen
  • Quote Originally Posted by Gray4276 View Post
    Hi Stephen,

Hi there
    Good point!
    I did wonder - that was why I wrote 'think'... but do you think the gap could be over 100,000? I'm surprised it's so hard to find out customer figures for smaller suppliers.
    Thanks
    Stephen

• Hi Stephen,

To be honest your guess is as good as mine.......Maybe @Marc, @Nataly, could answer this.

Hi there
    Good point!
    Thanks
    Stephen
    Gray4276
  • Hi Stephen,

To be honest your guess is as good as mine.......Maybe @Marc, @Nataly, could answer this.

Hi there
    Good point!
    Thanks
    Stephen
    Gray4276

• Hey everyone!

We're currently heading towards 150,000 members but aren't quite there yet!

So, we're absolutely working on our export tariff at the moment ready for 2020

Once we're a bit further down the line with our SEG plans we'd love to hear from our Members who missed out on FIT but have solar panels installed - there'll be more news on this in the Community later in the year
  • Hey everyone!

Once we're a bit further down the line with our SEG plans we'd love to hear from our Members who missed out on FIT but have solar panels installed - there'll be more news on this in the Community later in the year

• Yippee it's time for some number crunching fun but no answers, all inputs welcome..
    According to Ofgem: <
    These are the percentage figures for domestic market share Q1 2019.
    Name:  percentshare.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  34.6 KB

I have assumed 29 million domestic customers, I believe the figure lies somewhere between 26 and 29 million, does anyone know better?
    We now need to know Of the 8% smaller companies which is 2,300,000 what proportion do PP have?
    Well...
    I have a figure in mind of circa 5 % so between 105,000 and 125,000 based on the no. of smaller companies and their prominence.
    This is a starting point for discussion if anyone is interested?
  • Yippee it's time for some number crunching fun but no answers, all inputs welcome..
    According to Ofgem: <
    These are the percentage figures for domestic market share Q1 2019.
    Name:  percentshare.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  34.6 KB

I have assumed 29 million domestic customers, I believe the figure lies somewhere between 26 and 29 million, does anyone know better?
    We now need to know Of the 8% smaller companies which is 2,300,000 what proportion do PP have?
    Well...
    I have a figure in mind of circa 5 % so between 105,000 and 125,000 based on the no. of smaller companies and their prominence.
    This is a starting point for discussion if anyone is interested?

• Not bad our woz.
    Almost 150000 as nately quotes, but i have read somewhere the threshold for SEG may be raised to 250K. Also you must have a smet2 meter. If you claim FIT payments you cant get SEG paymemts also.
    5p per kwh is about what you can expect once the scheme fully kicks in but dont get excited there is still time for a delay.
  • Not bad our woz.
    Almost 150000 as nately quotes, but i have read somewhere the threshold for SEG may be raised to 250K. Also you must have a smet2 meter. If you claim FIT payments you cant get SEG paymemts also.
    5p per kwh is about what you can expect once the scheme fully kicks in but dont get excited there is still time for a delay.

• Quote Originally Posted by Nataly View Post
    Hey everyone!

Thanks Nataly
    That's as clear an answer as we can hope for I think -- especially given the uncertainty about SEG which will persist until some more definitive answers from the Government.
  • Quote Originally Posted by Nataly View Post
    Hey everyone!

Thanks Nataly
    That's as clear an answer as we can hope for I think -- especially given the uncertainty about SEG which will persist until some more definitive answers from the Government.

• Hi I’ve just been contacted but having a smart meter fitted got all the way through to the end ready to have it fitted but when I told them I had solar panels they said the smart meter doesn’t work with solar panels not very up-to-date and is it really. Also I’d like to mention that you just change my tariffs and this is the second meter reading I have given you at your request to have a pop-up asking me to check my reading as it was a bit low so not sure how your tariffs are calculated there seems to be a bit of a glitch there somewhere.??🧐🤔
  • Hi I’ve just been contacted but having a smart meter fitted got all the way through to the end ready to have it fitted but when I told them I had solar panels they said the smart meter doesn’t work with solar panels not very up-to-date and is it really. Also I’d like to mention that you just change my tariffs and this is the second meter reading I have given you at your request to have a pop-up asking me to check my reading as it was a bit low so not sure how your tariffs are calculated there seems to be a bit of a glitch there somewhere.??🧐🤔

• Quote Originally Posted by Kim nott View Post
    Hi I’ve just been contacted but having a smart meter fitted got all the way through to the end ready to have it fitted but when I told them I had solar panels they said the smart meter doesn’t work with solar panels not very up-to-date and is it really. Also I’d like to mention that you just change my tariffs and this is the second meter reading I have given you at your request to have a pop-up asking me to check my reading as it was a bit low so not sure how your tariffs are calculated there seems to be a bit of a glitch there somewhere.??🧐🤔
    Hi Kim

Under the Smart Meter FAQs you'll find this thread:
    https://community.purepla.net/thread...anels-in-place

What's surprising is that Magnum aren't asking about solar panels up front, exactly as was commented a month ago.

The second part of your post is puzzling. Pure Planet haven't changed their tariffs since May, when they reduced gas prices. Do you mean they changed your direct debit payment amount? They only do that to try and keep your direct debit in line with your usage, it doesn't mean they have put up the price.

And don't worry about the pop-up; lots of people get it, including me. Just congratulate yourself for using less energy than expected!

Hope that helps
    Stephen
    Hi I’ve just been contacted but having a smart meter fitted got all the way through to the end ready to have it fitted but when I told them I had solar panels they said the smart meter doesn’t work with solar panels not very up-to-date and is it really. Also I’d like to mention that you just change my tariffs and this is the second meter reading I have given you at your request to have a pop-up asking me to check my reading as it was a bit low so not sure how your tariffs are calculated there seems to be a bit of a glitch there somewhere.??🧐🤔
    Hi Kim

Under the Smart Meter FAQs you'll find this thread:
    https://community.purepla.net/thread...anels-in-place

What's surprising is that Magnum aren't asking about solar panels up front, exactly as was commented a month ago.

The second part of your post is puzzling. Pure Planet haven't changed their tariffs since May, when they reduced gas prices. Do you mean they changed your direct debit payment amount? They only do that to try and keep your direct debit in line with your usage, it doesn't mean they have put up the price.

And don't worry about the pop-up; lots of people get it, including me. Just congratulate yourself for using less energy than expected!

Hope that helps
    Stephen

• Sorry yes it is about my monthly direct debit payment that has increased but it’s a bit of a contradiction to confirm that I’ve used for less than I normally use and as you say they put the gas prices down but my monthly tariff goes up commonsense prevailing not I feel !🤔🤔☹️☹️

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry yes it is about my monthly direct debit payment that has increased but it’s a bit of a contradiction to confirm that I’ve used for less than I normally use and as you say they put the gas prices down but my monthly tariff goes up commonsense prevailing not I feel !🤔🤔☹️☹️ Solar panels being the energy of the future surely plus planet should be on top of the facts as to how many other customers have solar panels and therefore invalidating any smart meter installations. I also have an electric vehicle which I charge from the house supply – solar panels so would like to know if there is a better tariff to charge my car on? As there are a few other energy suppliers that have this facility for their customers who have electric vehicles !
  • Sorry yes it is about my monthly direct debit payment that has increased but it’s a bit of a contradiction to confirm that I’ve used for less than I normally use and as you say they put the gas prices down but my monthly tariff goes up commonsense prevailing not I feel !🤔🤔☹️☹️

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry yes it is about my monthly direct debit payment that has increased but it’s a bit of a contradiction to confirm that I’ve used for less than I normally use and as you say they put the gas prices down but my monthly tariff goes up commonsense prevailing not I feel !🤔🤔☹️☹️ Solar panels being the energy of the future surely plus planet should be on top of the facts as to how many other customers have solar panels and therefore invalidating any smart meter installations. I also have an electric vehicle which I charge from the house supply – solar panels so would like to know if there is a better tariff to charge my car on? As there are a few other energy suppliers that have this facility for their customers who have electric vehicles !

• hi Kim
    a bit of confusion/conflation going on here
    PP only offer one tariff.
    The smart meter/solar situation isn't ideal but PP want to ensure that it will all work OK and so far there are a lot of issues so they are holding off for now.
    The suggested increase to you DD generally happens if your balance isn't keeping up with your consumption and is persistently reducing. Your balance should maintain at around an ave. months payment once the dd is paid.
    If your balance is good and you think the increase in dd (NOT in tariff) is an error go to help, ask wattbot type message the team and ask why they have increased your payment.
    If you're referring to a message when you submit saying too high/too low, ignore it as long as you check you're entering the correct numbers, the algorithm used to generate the message is rubbish, it needs fixing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kim nott View Post
    Sorry yes it is about my monthly direct debit payment that has increased but it’s a bit of a contradiction to confirm that I’ve used for less than I normally use and as you say they put the gas prices down but my monthly tariff goes up commonsense prevailing not I feel !������������☹️☹️ Solar panels being the energy of the future surely plus planet should be on top of the facts as to how many other customers have solar panels and therefore invalidating any smart meter installations. I also have an electric vehicle which I charge from the house supply – solar panels so would like to know if there is a better tariff to charge my car on? As there are a few other energy suppliers that have this facility for their customers who have electric vehicles !
  • hi Kim
    a bit of confusion/conflation going on here
    PP only offer one tariff.
    The smart meter/solar situation isn't ideal but PP want to ensure that it will all work OK and so far there are a lot of issues so they are holding off for now.
    The suggested increase to you DD generally happens if your balance isn't keeping up with your consumption and is persistently reducing. Your balance should maintain at around an ave. months payment once the dd is paid.
    If your balance is good and you think the increase in dd (NOT in tariff) is an error go to help, ask wattbot type message the team and ask why they have increased your payment.
    If you're referring to a message when you submit saying too high/too low, ignore it as long as you check you're entering the correct numbers, the algorithm used to generate the message is rubbish, it needs fixing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kim nott View Post
    Sorry yes it is about my monthly direct debit payment that has increased but it’s a bit of a contradiction to confirm that I’ve used for less than I normally use and as you say they put the gas prices down but my monthly tariff goes up commonsense prevailing not I feel !������������☹️☹️ Solar panels being the energy of the future surely plus planet should be on top of the facts as to how many other customers have solar panels and therefore invalidating any smart meter installations. I also have an electric vehicle which I charge from the house supply – solar panels so would like to know if there is a better tariff to charge my car on? As there are a few other energy suppliers that have this facility for their customers who have electric vehicles !

I’ve used for less than I normally use
    - - - Updated - - -

I also have an electric vehicle which I charge from the house supply
    Hi Kim
    In addition to Woz's answer, I'm not trying to be clever, but if you are using far less energy and charging an electric car you are doing very well.
    Obviously I don't know when you started with PP and when you got your car, but if you switched to Pure Planet before you had the car, or just after you got it, that could just be the explanation. Unless, of course, you keep a spreadsheet of your monthly usage, in which case you will know exactly what is going on!
    Best regards
    Stephen
    I’ve used for less than I normally use
    - - - Updated - - -

I also have an electric vehicle which I charge from the house supply
    Hi Kim
    In addition to Woz's answer, I'm not trying to be clever, but if you are using far less energy and charging an electric car you are doing very well.
    Obviously I don't know when you started with PP and when you got your car, but if you switched to Pure Planet before you had the car, or just after you got it, that could just be the explanation. Unless, of course, you keep a spreadsheet of your monthly usage, in which case you will know exactly what is going on!
    Best regards
    Stephen