• My estimated invoice is too high

My estimated invoice is too big. I live in a small flat and I only occupy it 4 days a week. I have been estimated £140 per month. I cannot access the meter as the landlord has the key. Can anyone please help.

Thank you
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • My estimated invoice is too big. I live in a small flat and I only occupy it 4 days a week. I have been estimated £140 per month. I cannot access the meter as the landlord has the key. Can anyone please help.

Thank you
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hi ed.
    The estimates are based upon info given when you signed up and historical usage for that meter, as for your landlord denying you access to the meter, they are not meant to do this and should supply you with a key or other form of access to to your meter. Granted arguing the point with the landlord may cause friction but legally they cannot deny you access.
    Once access is available then accurate readings and bills will be forthcoming.
  • Hi ed.
    The estimates are based upon info given when you signed up and historical usage for that meter, as for your landlord denying you access to the meter, they are not meant to do this and should supply you with a key or other form of access to to your meter. Granted arguing the point with the landlord may cause friction but legally they cannot deny you access.
    Once access is available then accurate readings and bills will be forthcoming.