• Wy on the app is there two sections to tap in metre readings?

Hi all,
    I'm a bit confused … why on the app is there two sections to tap in metre readings?
    I've only got 1 electricity metre so which one do I use? They both have a "lightning bolt" symbol next to them … am I supposed to do some form of before and after reading in each?
    Thanks
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Hi all,
    I'm a bit confused … why on the app is there two sections to tap in metre readings?
    I've only got 1 electricity metre so which one do I use? They both have a "lightning bolt" symbol next to them … am I supposed to do some form of before and after reading in each?
    Thanks
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

hi RicoBanderez
    The two readings are for those who have Economy 7 metering.
    What kind of meter do you have? Is it a smart meter?
    It is possible you don't have an E7 meter in which case your account may be wrongly set up, or you do have one but you don't realise?
    E7 meters give 2 readings, if it's not a smart meter but it is a digital meter the reading on the display will change after a few seconds with a little number to the left, either a 1 or a 2. Those are the 2 readings.
    If it is a smart meter and it's E7 pressing the number 6 will usually show the other reading.(although it varies depending on the meter)
    If you're absolutely sure you aren't on E7 go to help in the app, ask wattbot, type "message the team" and ask PP to check your account is correctly set up. Also take a photo of the meter showing it's serial number and send that too.
    In the meanwhile if you don't have 2 readings just enter the top one and put zeroes in the lower one if it will accept zeroes.
  • hi RicoBanderez
    The two readings are for those who have Economy 7 metering.
    What kind of meter do you have? Is it a smart meter?
    It is possible you don't have an E7 meter in which case your account may be wrongly set up, or you do have one but you don't realise?
    E7 meters give 2 readings, if it's not a smart meter but it is a digital meter the reading on the display will change after a few seconds with a little number to the left, either a 1 or a 2. Those are the 2 readings.
    If it is a smart meter and it's E7 pressing the number 6 will usually show the other reading.(although it varies depending on the meter)
    If you're absolutely sure you aren't on E7 go to help in the app, ask wattbot, type "message the team" and ask PP to check your account is correctly set up. Also take a photo of the meter showing it's serial number and send that too.
    In the meanwhile if you don't have 2 readings just enter the top one and put zeroes in the lower one if it will accept zeroes.