• Meter readings.

Hi. I am unable to provide meter readings as I can't read the smart meter for the electricity. Pure planet organised installation of this earlier this year but it looks like I need a 4 digit passcode to access the reading. I was also of the impression that the provider should be able to access this date remotely.

Please advise
  • Hi. I am unable to provide meter readings as I can't read the smart meter for the electricity. Pure planet organised installation of this earlier this year but it looks like I need a 4 digit passcode to access the reading. I was also of the impression that the provider should be able to access this date remotely.

Please advise

• hi Martin G
    you shouldn't need a passcode to read the meter, it's sounds like it's been installed incorrectly (or you're pressing the wrong button -unlikely).
    Ongoing PP will or are able to read remotely but they may have asked for readings to check all is OK, it's early in the trial.
    Have you tried pressing the 9 button?
    If it is locked it will have to be unlocked, if you still have contact details for the installers it might be worth asking them first before you contact PP through wattbot to ask. If not type message the team and ask in help. Replies within 24 hrs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin G View Post
    Hi. I am unable to provide meter readings as I can't read the smart meter for the electricity. Pure planet organised installation of this earlier this year but it looks like I need a 4 digit passcode to access the reading. I was also of the impression that the provider should be able to access this date remotely.

Please advise
  • hi Martin G
    you shouldn't need a passcode to read the meter, it's sounds like it's been installed incorrectly (or you're pressing the wrong button -unlikely).
    Ongoing PP will or are able to read remotely but they may have asked for readings to check all is OK, it's early in the trial.
    Have you tried pressing the 9 button?
    If it is locked it will have to be unlocked, if you still have contact details for the installers it might be worth asking them first before you contact PP through wattbot to ask. If not type message the team and ask in help. Replies within 24 hrs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin G View Post

Please advise

• Quote Originally Posted by Martin G View Post

Please advise
    Hi @Martin G
    You shouldn't need a passcode to read your meter.
    Have you seen this FAQ on how to take readings from a smart meter?
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Quote Originally Posted by Martin G View Post

Please advise
    Hi @Martin G
    You shouldn't need a passcode to read your meter.
    Have you seen this FAQ on how to take readings from a smart meter?
    Community Manager - Pure Planet