• Usage

How do I find out how much I use in gas and how much I use in Electricity per year - separately?
  • How do I find out how much I use in gas and how much I use in Electricity per year - separately?

• Look back through your bills if they were based on actual readings?

Or start reading your meters now and you'll have your answer in 12 months. Sorry, slightly tongue in cheek but if you have gas heating it's not so easy to extrapolate measurement in July across a whole year. Electric consumption is a bit less seasonal if you don't use it for heating so you can approximate one month's readings to a year.

For electricity, the numbers you read off the meter are kWhrs so map directly to the charges on your bill.

For gas, the numbers you read off the meter have to be put through some calculations to get kWhrs. You can get approximate results by multiplying meter units by 11.2 for a metric meter reading cubic metres or multiplying by 31.5 for an imperial meter reading cubic feet.
  • Look back through your bills if they were based on actual readings?

Or start reading your meters now and you'll have your answer in 12 months. Sorry, slightly tongue in cheek but if you have gas heating it's not so easy to extrapolate measurement in July across a whole year. Electric consumption is a bit less seasonal if you don't use it for heating so you can approximate one month's readings to a year.

For electricity, the numbers you read off the meter are kWhrs so map directly to the charges on your bill.

For gas, the numbers you read off the meter have to be put through some calculations to get kWhrs. You can get approximate results by multiplying meter units by 11.2 for a metric meter reading cubic metres or multiplying by 31.5 for an imperial meter reading cubic feet.

• hi Mogga
    if you haven't been with PP for long you can ask your previous supplier. They will usually tell you even if you've left.
    Unless you heat on electric your monthly electric use will be reasonably constant, so you can look at what you've used each month, add it up, divide by the number of bills you've used and multiply by 12.
    As said unless you have some cold months to look at for the gas you can't estimate accurately.
    an average semi will be about 4000-5000 kWh for electric and plucking a figure from the air 19,000 give or take a few thousand kWh for gas. (16,000 to 22,000)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogga View Post
    How do I find out how much I use in gas and how much I use in Electricity per year - separately?
  • hi Mogga
    if you haven't been with PP for long you can ask your previous supplier. They will usually tell you even if you've left.
    Unless you heat on electric your monthly electric use will be reasonably constant, so you can look at what you've used each month, add it up, divide by the number of bills you've used and multiply by 12.
    As said unless you have some cold months to look at for the gas you can't estimate accurately.
    an average semi will be about 4000-5000 kWh for electric and plucking a figure from the air 19,000 give or take a few thousand kWh for gas. (16,000 to 22,000)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogga View Post