• I have a smart meter, but just got an email asking for my readings?

Pure Planet installed a new smart meter last month, but I've just got an email asking for my readings.
    Should I ignore it? I thought the whole point of smart meters was that the supplier can take trains remotely?
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Pure Planet installed a new smart meter last month, but I've just got an email asking for my readings.
    Should I ignore it? I thought the whole point of smart meters was that the supplier can take trains remotely?
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hi and yes the whole point is so you dont have to send readings. However its still a nass rollout trial so im guessing sending a reading manually wont hurt and allows PP to check all is working ok.
  • Hi and yes the whole point is so you dont have to send readings. However its still a nass rollout trial so im guessing sending a reading manually wont hurt and allows PP to check all is working ok.

• Quote Originally Posted by frankmthompson View Post
    Pure Planet installed a new smart meter last month, but I've just got an email asking for my readings. Should I ignore it? I thought the whole point of smart meters was that the supplier can take trains remotely?
    Hi @frankmthompson
    The reply from @Jon1 is spot on.
    For now keeping sending us regular monthly meter readings. We'll let you know when you don't need to send them anymore.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Quote Originally Posted by frankmthompson View Post
    Pure Planet installed a new smart meter last month, but I've just got an email asking for my readings. Should I ignore it? I thought the whole point of smart meters was that the supplier can take trains remotely?
    Hi @frankmthompson
    The reply from @Jon1 is spot on.
    For now keeping sending us regular monthly meter readings. We'll let you know when you don't need to send them anymore.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet