• Gas Meter Reading

When filling in the forms for moving out on the website (Account > Move out), I can't enter the full gas meter reading, which is 5 digits. The popup help guide says to enter all 5 digits for digital meters, but the form won't accept all 5 digits (it gives an error that there are too many digits).

What should I do?
  • When filling in the forms for moving out on the website (Account > Move out), I can't enter the full gas meter reading, which is 5 digits. The popup help guide says to enter all 5 digits for digital meters, but the form won't accept all 5 digits (it gives an error that there are too many digits).

What should I do?

• hi thymble
    hmmm, not heard that one, so obviously hasn't been an issue so far perhaps you've uncovered a bug due to app update?

Is your app up to date? it should be 7.20.22 scroll to bottom of menu to check.

Do you have a computer you could log in on as you can now log in online and try entering your readings there?

​If all else fails and above doesn't help, enter the most significant 4 digits (those on the left) and submit, then go to help, ask wattbot, type message the team and send message with correct reading and explanation.
    (Also I suggest you take a photo of the reading and submit it, but not essential)

Quote Originally Posted by thymble View Post
    When filling in the forms for moving out on the website (Account > Move out), I can't enter the full gas meter reading, which is 5 digits. The popup help guide says to enter all 5 digits for digital meters, but the form won't accept all 5 digits (it gives an error that there are too many digits). What should I do?
  • hi thymble
    hmmm, not heard that one, so obviously hasn't been an issue so far perhaps you've uncovered a bug due to app update?

Is your app up to date? it should be 7.20.22 scroll to bottom of menu to check.

Do you have a computer you could log in on as you can now log in online and try entering your readings there?

​If all else fails and above doesn't help, enter the most significant 4 digits (those on the left) and submit, then go to help, ask wattbot, type message the team and send message with correct reading and explanation.
    (Also I suggest you take a photo of the reading and submit it, but not essential)

When filling in the forms for moving out on the website (Account > Move out), I can't enter the full gas meter reading, which is 5 digits. The popup help guide says to enter all 5 digits for digital meters, but the form won't accept all 5 digits (it gives an error that there are too many digits). What should I do?

• late thought...
    ​I'm wondering if PP have set your meter to be an imperial type which is only 4 digits.
    Same advice applies re contacting them
    When filling in the forms for moving out on the website (Account > Move out), I can't enter the full gas meter reading, which is 5 digits. The popup help guide says to enter all 5 digits for digital meters, but the form won't accept all 5 digits (it gives an error that there are too many digits).

What should I do?
  • late thought...
    ​I'm wondering if PP have set your meter to be an imperial type which is only 4 digits.
    Same advice applies re contacting them

What should I do?