• No Statement This Month

I had a Smart Meter installed on the 26th June, my meter readings from the old meters are showing on my app usage page (as closing readings) along with zeros for the new meters. Usually like clockwork my statement is waiting in my inbox on the morning of the 5th. This morning there was nothing. The app is showing an electricity reading for yesterday but no gas reading. Have others suffered a delay in the delivery of their monthly statement post smart meter install? @Marc is the above usual?
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • I had a Smart Meter installed on the 26th June, my meter readings from the old meters are showing on my app usage page (as closing readings) along with zeros for the new meters. Usually like clockwork my statement is waiting in my inbox on the morning of the 5th. This morning there was nothing. The app is showing an electricity reading for yesterday but no gas reading. Have others suffered a delay in the delivery of their monthly statement post smart meter install? @Marc is the above usual?
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

hi ChrisH
    I can't find the post but I remember reading recently that after a SM install the statement is delayed, so I believe it is usual. PP have to reconcile the old figures and the new meter has to be added to the meter database plus a lot of other shenanigans. However you make a good point, I would like to see a statement produced for finalising the old meter readings as soon as possible.
    ​I can't really understand why the system isn't set up to do that. (Maybe the closing readings have to be validated which is likely to be the cause of the delay)
    If PP accepted the reading subject to any future validation (and they should be correct since an independent reader has submitted them) the customer would have get an almost immediate statement and have a clear idea of where the account stood before the new meters were added and the first new meter statement produced.
    I'm sure @Marc or @Nataly will come along and tell me why it can't be done that way....
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisH View Post
    I had a Smart Meter installed on the 26th June, my meter readings from the old meters are showing on my app usage page (as closing readings) along with zeros for the new meters. Usually like clockwork my statement is waiting in my inbox on the morning of the 5th. This morning there was nothing. The app is showing an electricity reading for yesterday but no gas reading. Have others suffered a delay in the delivery of their monthly statement post smart meter install? @Marc is the above usual?
  • hi ChrisH
    I can't find the post but I remember reading recently that after a SM install the statement is delayed, so I believe it is usual. PP have to reconcile the old figures and the new meter has to be added to the meter database plus a lot of other shenanigans. However you make a good point, I would like to see a statement produced for finalising the old meter readings as soon as possible.
    ​I can't really understand why the system isn't set up to do that. (Maybe the closing readings have to be validated which is likely to be the cause of the delay)
    If PP accepted the reading subject to any future validation (and they should be correct since an independent reader has submitted them) the customer would have get an almost immediate statement and have a clear idea of where the account stood before the new meters were added and the first new meter statement produced.
    I'm sure @Marc or @Nataly will come along and tell me why it can't be done that way....
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisH View Post

• Hi ChrisH

My smart meters were installed on 28 May, my statement date is the 1st. I sent in the final old meter readings on the day of install. My electric readings are showing in the app but no gas( including the one I submitted ) readings. I haven't had a statement since the 1st May. I messaged the team two days ago, and they were investigating it.
  • Hi ChrisH

My smart meters were installed on 28 May, my statement date is the 1st. I sent in the final old meter readings on the day of install. My electric readings are showing in the app but no gas( including the one I submitted ) readings. I haven't had a statement since the 1st May. I messaged the team two days ago, and they were investigating it.

• Quote Originally Posted by ChrisH View Post
    Hey @ChrisH
    The reply from @woz is spot on
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Quote Originally Posted by ChrisH View Post
    Hey @ChrisH
    The reply from @woz is spot on

• Thanks @Marc and @woz, don’t know if it is worth adding something in the Q&A section as from what I could find the answers at present make no mention of the fact that the shenanigans @woz mentions will delay your statements. Just a thought.
  • Thanks @Marc and @woz, don’t know if it is worth adding something in the Q&A section as from what I could find the answers at present make no mention of the fact that the shenanigans @woz mentions will delay your statements. Just a thought.

• I really miss my app usage and statements. The only idea I have is the account status (£££ in credit/debit) which looks healthy - but it is accurate?

I don;t have my Gas smart meter fitted yet (to be fair I haven't chased it up yet - time pressures) but even in this trial I feel less knowledgeable / informed about my energy usuage than before. And I'm still submitting meter readings for both due to no Gas smarts.
  • I really miss my app usage and statements. The only idea I have is the account status (£££ in credit/debit) which looks healthy - but it is accurate?

I don;t have my Gas smart meter fitted yet (to be fair I haven't chased it up yet - time pressures) but even in this trial I feel less knowledgeable / informed about my energy usuage than before. And I'm still submitting meter readings for both due to no Gas smarts.

• After listening to the parliamentary discussion about SM's yesterday, which showed an astounding level of ignorance about the whole project, if I posted what I thought about this whole smart meter debacle, the responsibility and/or blame for which is going to rest firmly on the heads of the energy suppliers and Ofgem, even though the problems were ultimately caused by poor advice, planning and governance of the project (and it's not PP's fault, but unfortunately along with other energy co's for whom I feel equal sympathy they will be blamed), I'd probably be banned from here or accused of being a luddite (which I'm not).
    An overly long sentence, both here and for consumers.
  • After listening to the parliamentary discussion about SM's yesterday, which showed an astounding level of ignorance about the whole project, if I posted what I thought about this whole smart meter debacle, the responsibility and/or blame for which is going to rest firmly on the heads of the energy suppliers and Ofgem, even though the problems were ultimately caused by poor advice, planning and governance of the project (and it's not PP's fault, but unfortunately along with other energy co's for whom I feel equal sympathy they will be blamed), I'd probably be banned from here or accused of being a luddite (which I'm not).
    An overly long sentence, both here and for consumers.

• hi
    i have had my SMs installed since march and i still haven't had any new statements yet. my app only shows final readings for my old meters and my credit balance as no charges have been made.
    so in answe to your question... yes, it is usual.
    not sure why this should take so long but it is part of the PP trial roll out, so we have to expect some teething issues.
    hopefully it will be sorted soon. :-)
  • hi
    i have had my SMs installed since march and i still haven't had any new statements yet. my app only shows final readings for my old meters and my credit balance as no charges have been made.
    not sure why this should take so long but it is part of the PP trial roll out, so we have to expect some teething issues.

• Quote Originally Posted by Angelabikerbabe View Post
    hi
    Thanks Angela, I thought it was just me, no statements since May due to SM installation, although the app shows electric readings but no gas
  • Quote Originally Posted by Angelabikerbabe View Post
    hi
    Thanks Angela, I thought it was just me, no statements since May due to SM installation, although the app shows electric readings but no gas

• Hi @Duppy @Jowl
    I've had another chat about this with our smart meters team.
    There was a delay of at least two months at the start of the pilot, but by now you should only miss one monthly statement following your install. The second one should arrive as normal and readings should appear in your account (app or web) by then.
    If this isn't the case for you, I'd message our team via WattBot.
    @Angelabikerbabe The team are aware that your statements aren't coming through yet and they're checking this. It looks like you're the only person from the first round of installs not seeing readings or getting statements.
    Sorry about that. The guys are working to get it sorted for you
    @ChrisH that's a top suggestion about adding this info to our FAQs section. We'll do that

• Hi @Duppy @Jowl
    I've had another chat about this with our smart meters team.
    There was a delay of at least two months at the start of the pilot, but by now you should only miss one monthly statement following your install. The second one should arrive as normal and readings should appear in your account (app or web) by then.
    If this isn't the case for you, I'd message our team via WattBot.
    @Angelabikerbabe The team are aware that your statements aren't coming through yet and they're checking this. It looks like you're the only person from the first round of installs not seeing readings or getting statements.
    Sorry about that. The guys are working to get it sorted for you
    @ChrisH that's a top suggestion about adding this info to our FAQs section. We'll do that

• Thanks @Marc

To be honest I've been so busy not had chance to chase much up. Schools finish in a week and a half though so things will be a bit more relaxed (maybe) and I can get my Gas meter sorted etc
  • Thanks @Marc

To be honest I've been so busy not had chance to chase much up. Schools finish in a week and a half though so things will be a bit more relaxed (maybe) and I can get my Gas meter sorted etc

• Hi,

​I am also missing my monthly statement following Smart Meter install on 26/6/19, but now somewhat re-assured by WOZ and Marc response.
  • Hi,

​I am also missing my monthly statement following Smart Meter install on 26/6/19, but now somewhat re-assured by WOZ and Marc response.

• Yep I’m missing my monthly statement and Pure advised that’s likely to be the case for 3 months.
    Electricity shows a closing reading in the app.
    Gas shows only the last reading no closing reading.
    Unable to send readings in vua the app.

So don’t have closing values for old meters.
    Only have the IHD info for new meters - app is useless currently.

Waiting to see what happens when next reading is due. Pure say we should expect to send these via the app so hopefully they will have fixed it by then.
  • Yep I’m missing my monthly statement and Pure advised that’s likely to be the case for 3 months.

Waiting to see what happens when next reading is due. Pure say we should expect to send these via the app so hopefully they will have fixed it by then.

• Quote Originally Posted by KevinandSylvie View Post
    Yep I’m missing my monthly statement and Pure advised that’s likely to be the case for 3 months.

i am in a similar situation to you, my SM was fitted end of May, and although I can and do send meter readings via the app, only the electric shows, and I have not received a statement since April, apparently PP do not have the gas meter details yet.
    i wouldn't worry too much, it will be sorted eventually
  • Quote Originally Posted by KevinandSylvie View Post
    Yep I’m missing my monthly statement and Pure advised that’s likely to be the case for 3 months.

i am in a similar situation to you, my SM was fitted end of May, and although I can and do send meter readings via the app, only the electric shows, and I have not received a statement since April, apparently PP do not have the gas meter details yet.
    i wouldn't worry too much, it will be sorted eventually