​How long does it take
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Moved last Friday and sent photos of meters

Not heard anything back

​How long does it take
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

hi tjdaz1
    it usually takes 17 days from when you apply to when you switch unless there are problems identifying your meters, in which case it could take a bit longer. Your account should be updating to let you know if it's on track. Have you used the app?
  • hi tjdaz1
    it usually takes 17 days from when you apply to when you switch unless there are problems identifying your meters, in which case it could take a bit longer. Your account should be updating to let you know if it's on track. Have you used the app?

• Hey @tjdaz1

Just FYI I've moved this to our section all about joining & switching
    @woz is absolutely right - the team would've emailed you asking for more meter info to be able to set your account up with the correct details. From there the switch takes 17 days
    • The first snow of winter arrives! β›„ Have you had snow yet?
    • Wondering how to keep Christmas eco-friendly? We're sharing our top tipsπŸ’šπŸŽ…β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹
    • Enter your photos in November's photo challenge - Illuminations βœ¨β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹
    • How much do you know about renewable energy?πŸ€”β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹ Find out in our quiz!
  • Hey @tjdaz1

Just FYI I've moved this to our section all about joining & switching
    @woz is absolutely right - the team would've emailed you asking for more meter info to be able to set your account up with the correct details. From there the switch takes 17 days
    • The first snow of winter arrives! β›„ Have you had snow yet?
    • Wondering how to keep Christmas eco-friendly? We're sharing our top tipsπŸ’šπŸŽ…β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹
    • Enter your photos in November's photo challenge - Illuminations βœ¨β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹
    • How much do you know about renewable energy?πŸ€”β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹ Find out in our quiz!

• Hi there I joined way back in April and my account is still not set up and not allowing me to give opening readings?
    ​
  • Hi there I joined way back in April and my account is still not set up and not allowing me to give opening readings?
    ​

• Quote Originally Posted by JPWhite View Post
    Hi there I joined way back in April and my account is still not set up and not allowing me to give opening readings?
    ​
    Hi JPWhite
    As this is your first post, welcome to the Pure Planet community!
    When you post here you are talking to your fellow customers, not directly to Pure Planet.
    Others will have some more thoughts, but I can't see how you can have actually joined if your account has not been set up. If you look at the joining and switching FAQs you'll see what should happen each step of the 17-day process. It ends with you giving your readings and your first direct debit being taken. I'm assuming from what you have said that you have not made any payment yet?

If that's the case, if I was in your shoes I would try starting again on the switch process and see what happens.
    Alternatively, you could check who is actually supplying your energy - you can find out how here:
    https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/consumers/h...icity-supplier

Hope that is some help. Come back and update us!
    Stephen
  • Quote Originally Posted by JPWhite View Post
    Hi there I joined way back in April and my account is still not set up and not allowing me to give opening readings?
    ​
    Hi JPWhite
    As this is your first post, welcome to the Pure Planet community!
    When you post here you are talking to your fellow customers, not directly to Pure Planet.
    Others will have some more thoughts, but I can't see how you can have actually joined if your account has not been set up. If you look at the joining and switching FAQs you'll see what should happen each step of the 17-day process. It ends with you giving your readings and your first direct debit being taken. I'm assuming from what you have said that you have not made any payment yet?

If that's the case, if I was in your shoes I would try starting again on the switch process and see what happens.
    Alternatively, you could check who is actually supplying your energy - you can find out how here:
    https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/consumers/h...icity-supplier

Hope that is some help. Come back and update us!
    Stephen

• hi JPWhite
    did you join through the app or via a comparison website? (If the latter in April you won't have joined, but that's changed since)
    Have you checked your email or wattbot for any messages asking for meter details?
    Is the direct debit being taken? If not you haven't joined.
    Quote Originally Posted by JPWhite View Post
    ​
  • hi JPWhite
    did you join through the app or via a comparison website? (If the latter in April you won't have joined, but that's changed since)
    Have you checked your email or wattbot for any messages asking for meter details?
    Is the direct debit being taken? If not you haven't joined.
    Quote Originally Posted by JPWhite View Post
    ​