• Pure Planet Community photo challenge July 2019 - Holiday

Hi everyone and welcome to July's photo challenge!

Big congrats to @Angelabikerbabe who won June's challenge with a very sweet pic - check it out here

Usually the winner of the previous month's photo challenge would choose the theme, but as we know from her post in What made me happy today, @Angelabikerbabe is currently on holiday!
    So in honour of her win and what she's currently up to we've decided to make this month's theme 'Holiday' - share your best/fav pics of anything holiday related - whether that's somewhere you've been on holiday, something that reminds you of holidays or even just a photo of the sunshine (or the rain, whatever floats your boat!)

How does the photo challenge work? Each month Community members take photos based on a theme and share them in a thread.
    The winner is the pic with the best feedback and likes from others, and the winner gets to pick the next theme

Good luck with July's photo challenge
    If you're not sure how to upload a photo to a thread just check out this how-to post
    Name:  woolacombe.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  1.21 MB
    Here's one of mine from my fav UK surfing spot, Woolacombe

​Remember to post your own photos, not Google's!
    Last edited by Nataly; 03-07-19 at 14:40.
  • Hi everyone and welcome to July's photo challenge!

Big congrats to @Angelabikerbabe who won June's challenge with a very sweet pic - check it out here

Usually the winner of the previous month's photo challenge would choose the theme, but as we know from her post in What made me happy today, @Angelabikerbabe is currently on holiday!
    So in honour of her win and what she's currently up to we've decided to make this month's theme 'Holiday' - share your best/fav pics of anything holiday related - whether that's somewhere you've been on holiday, something that reminds you of holidays or even just a photo of the sunshine (or the rain, whatever floats your boat!)

How does the photo challenge work? Each month Community members take photos based on a theme and share them in a thread.
    The winner is the pic with the best feedback and likes from others, and the winner gets to pick the next theme

Good luck with July's photo challenge
    If you're not sure how to upload a photo to a thread just check out this how-to post
    Name:  woolacombe.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  1.21 MB
    Here's one of mine from my fav UK surfing spot, Woolacombe

​Remember to post your own photos, not Google's!
  • Great idea Nataly πŸ‘πŸ‘
  • Great idea Nataly πŸ‘πŸ‘
  • My recent visit to my son in Philadelphia where I captured this picture in a Cape May diner πŸ‘πŸ‘

Name:  997EB1A9-ADF7-44E3-A744-D16204EB77A6.jpeg
Views: 397
Size:  96.4 KB
  • My recent visit to my son in Philadelphia where I captured this picture in a Cape May diner πŸ‘πŸ‘

Name:  997EB1A9-ADF7-44E3-A744-D16204EB77A6.jpeg
Views: 397
Size:  96.4 KB
  • Last years fav holiday snap.
    Name:  20181121_081446.jpg
Views: 353
Size:  2.83 MB
  • Last years fav holiday snap.
  • Quote Originally Posted by Jon1 View Post
    Last years fav holiday snap.
    Wow that's stunning! Where is it?
    With the black and white it looks almost like a wedding venue imo
  • Quote Originally Posted by Jon1 View Post
    Last years fav holiday snap.
    Wow that's stunning! Where is it?
    With the black and white it looks almost like a wedding venue imo
  • Hi nataly. Heres the Color version. Its the entrance lobby of the encore hotel vegas. Part of the christmas holiday theme.
    Name:  20181121_081228.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  2.32 MB
  • Hi nataly. Heres the Color version. Its the entrance lobby of the encore hotel vegas. Part of the christmas holiday theme.
    Name:  20181121_081228.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  2.32 MB
  • Really stunning Jon πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘. I too thought same as Nat re wedding when saw the B and W.

I guess, for this topic only, we have to waive the rules slightly, and say for this month only, the photograph does NOT have to have been taken this month πŸ‘
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • Really stunning Jon πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘. I too thought same as Nat re wedding when saw the B and W.

I guess, for this topic only, we have to waive the rules slightly, and say for this month only, the photograph does NOT have to have been taken this month πŸ‘

WALT WHITMAN
  • Something that definitely makes me think of holidays...

Name:  cocktail.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  937.0 KB

Name:  lemon cocktail.jpg
Views: 445
Size:  798.3 KB

The bottom one was a lemon cocktail made with lemon sorbet... the yellow/green flakes on top are white choc... so good

Do certain foods/drinks make you think of holidays too?
  • Something that definitely makes me think of holidays...

Name:  cocktail.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  937.0 KB

Name:  lemon cocktail.jpg
Views: 445
Size:  798.3 KB

The bottom one was a lemon cocktail made with lemon sorbet... the yellow/green flakes on top are white choc... so good

Do certain foods/drinks make you think of holidays too?
  • Oh YES Nataly, lemon sorbet cocktail & white choc flakes yuuuuuuuumy πŸ˜„πŸ˜„
  • Oh YES Nataly, lemon sorbet cocktail & white choc flakes yuuuuuuuumy πŸ˜„πŸ˜„
  • Sounds simple, but when I walk passed the chip shop on corner on a hot day, it ALWAYS reminds me of childhood holidays, getting chips on a cool eve, after a red hot day of sunbathing πŸ‘πŸ‘

Also Walkers salt n vinegar crisp, with a fizzy drink, always remind me of going to countryside pub garden as a kid, playing on the climbing frame and swing whilst parents had half a shandy. Beautiful memories πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•.

WALT WHITMAN
  • Sounds simple, but when I walk passed the chip shop on corner on a hot day, it ALWAYS reminds me of childhood holidays, getting chips on a cool eve, after a red hot day of sunbathing πŸ‘πŸ‘

Also Walkers salt n vinegar crisp, with a fizzy drink, always remind me of going to countryside pub garden as a kid, playing on the climbing frame and swing whilst parents had half a shandy. Beautiful memories πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•.

WALT WHITMAN
  • It’s the simple things in life that matter and the ones we remember- nice post Bev πŸŒžπŸ‘
  • It’s the simple things in life that matter and the ones we remember- nice post Bev πŸŒžπŸ‘
  • Thanks Dai and could not agree more πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

WALT WHITMAN
  • Thanks Dai and could not agree more πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

WALT WHITMAN
  • Name:  IMG_20190521_194357_843.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  235.4 KBMy favourite shot of last holiday, touring round a few Scottish Islands, camping with motorbike. We took a trip out to Staffa and met these guys πŸ˜€
  • Name:  IMG_20190521_194357_843.jpg
Size:  235.4 KBMy favourite shot of last holiday, touring round a few Scottish Islands, camping with motorbike. We took a trip out to Staffa and met these guys πŸ˜€
  • Captured a treat Jenny πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘, divine photo πŸ’•πŸ‘πŸ‘

WALT WHITMAN
  • Captured a treat Jenny πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘, divine photo πŸ’•πŸ‘πŸ‘

WALT WHITMAN
  • Quote Originally Posted by JennyR68 View Post
    Name:  IMG_20190521_194357_843.jpg
Size:  235.4 KBMy favourite shot of last holiday, touring round a few Scottish Islands, camping with motorbike. We took a trip out to Staffa and met these guys οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½
    Beautiful shot! Wouldn't think it was Scotland... it almost looks... sunny?!

​
  • Quote Originally Posted by JennyR68 View Post
    Name:  IMG_20190521_194357_843.jpg
Size:  235.4 KBMy favourite shot of last holiday, touring round a few Scottish Islands, camping with motorbike. We took a trip out to Staffa and met these guys οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½

​
  • Had a 'holiday' from the office the other day. Involved walking through fields 'n stuff

Name:  Whitagram-Image.JPG
Views: 538
Size:  258.3 KB
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Had a 'holiday' from the office the other day. Involved walking through fields 'n stuff

Name:  Whitagram-Image.JPG
Views: 538
Size:  258.3 KB
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Now that is what sums up β€œidyllic” to me, and it’s WORKING πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€, way too lucky! πŸ‘πŸ‘

WALT WHITMAN
  • Now that is what sums up β€œidyllic” to me, and it’s WORKING πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€, way too lucky! πŸ‘πŸ‘

WALT WHITMAN
  • Quote Originally Posted by Nataly View Post

​
    We've been up last 2 years in May doing outer and inner Hebrides and had fantastic weather both times!May is the month to go!
  • Quote Originally Posted by Nataly View Post

​
    We've been up last 2 years in May doing outer and inner Hebrides and had fantastic weather both times!May is the month to go!
  • July's been a very busy month for me and my family. We are an incredibly fortunate bunch and as much as I love them all I do like to get away on Ladybird, on my own, and recharge my psyche. This glorious sunset was taken while at anchor in Lochranza, a small inlet on the north coast of Arran.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  • July's been a very busy month for me and my family. We are an incredibly fortunate bunch and as much as I love them all I do like to get away on Ladybird, on my own, and recharge my psyche. This glorious sunset was taken while at anchor in Lochranza, a small inlet on the north coast of Arran.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  • Beyond gorgeous, Oaky πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘, sooooooooo idyllic, and on your own too πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘, bliss.

WALT WHITMAN
  • Beyond gorgeous, Oaky πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘, sooooooooo idyllic, and on your own too πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘, bliss.

WALT WHITMAN