• Debit balance

Hi, my account is £300 DR. I get that PP review payments 6 monthly but why, when I submit readings, does it always say 'Are you sure, this seems lower than expected'?

If my readings are lower than budgeted for, I wouldn't have built up £300 DR in 7 months (joined 1/12/18).

Or does it tell everyone their readings appear lower than anticipated?
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Hi, my account is £300 DR. I get that PP review payments 6 monthly but why, when I submit readings, does it always say 'Are you sure, this seems lower than expected'?

If my readings are lower than budgeted for, I wouldn't have built up £300 DR in 7 months (joined 1/12/18).

Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

hi josleepy
    You make a very good point, they need to look at the algorithm again, if you're building up a consistent debit balance how can your readings be lower than expected. It's nonsense and it should be a high priority to get it fixed.
    Waiting until everyone has smart meters isn't an option.
    Quote Originally Posted by josleepy View Post
    Hi, my account is £300 DR. I get that PP review payments 6 monthly but why, when I submit readings, does it always say 'Are you sure, this seems lower than expected'?

• hi josleepy
    You make a very good point, they need to look at the algorithm again, if you're building up a consistent debit balance how can your readings be lower than expected. It's nonsense and it should be a high priority to get it fixed.
    Waiting until everyone has smart meters isn't an option.
    Quote Originally Posted by josleepy View Post

• Hello josleepy.

The too high or too low warning is something a lot of people get and makes no differance, its just a way of getting you too check the readings before pressing send.

As for the balance if this feels uneasy then simply goto help section, tap on wattbot, type message the team ,and request payments are increased by £20 per month in order to reduce the balance.
  • Hello josleepy.

The too high or too low warning is something a lot of people get and makes no differance, its just a way of getting you too check the readings before pressing send.

As for the balance if this feels uneasy then simply goto help section, tap on wattbot, type message the team ,and request payments are increased by £20 per month in order to reduce the balance.

• Quote Originally Posted by Jon1 View Post
    Hello josleepy.

Yes, I guess it's a prompt for you to double check your readings.

Kind of annoying though to be just under my estimated useage every month and building up a £300 DR in 7 months. Shame my set payments weren't set to cover my estimated use from the start!

I'll get my payments adjusted as suggested, ty.
  • Quote Originally Posted by Jon1 View Post
    Hello josleepy.

Yes, I guess it's a prompt for you to double check your readings.

Kind of annoying though to be just under my estimated useage every month and building up a £300 DR in 7 months. Shame my set payments weren't set to cover my estimated use from the start!

I'll get my payments adjusted as suggested, ty.