• Moving home & what to do.....help

I may or may not be moving home at the end of July but the fact that the property I want to move into has pre-payment meters could just be a dealbreaker.
    How do I move my pureplanet account to my new property & how do I get the previous tenants pre-payment meters taken out? Any help would be appreciated.

Ian
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • I may or may not be moving home at the end of July but the fact that the property I want to move into has pre-payment meters could just be a dealbreaker.
    How do I move my pureplanet account to my new property & how do I get the previous tenants pre-payment meters taken out? Any help would be appreciated.

Ian
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hey @BradtheMiller

Only the current supplier can do any work involving the meters in the property. So, once you move in and find out who supplies that property (you inherit the previous tenant's supplier whenever you move), you'd have to contact them about any works.

If they're smart meters in pre-pay mode, you could contact the current supplier when you switch away to ensure they set them to credit mode.

If they're traditional pre-pay meters you'd be able to get these exchanged for credit meters, but you'd likely have to pay for that work to be carried out.

Once exchanged you'd be able to switch to Pure Planet by getting a quote and completing the switch as usual

If you're currently on supply with Pure Planet, when you move out you just need to select 'moving out?' in the account section of your app/at purepla.net
  • Hey @BradtheMiller

Only the current supplier can do any work involving the meters in the property. So, once you move in and find out who supplies that property (you inherit the previous tenant's supplier whenever you move), you'd have to contact them about any works.

If they're smart meters in pre-pay mode, you could contact the current supplier when you switch away to ensure they set them to credit mode.

If they're traditional pre-pay meters you'd be able to get these exchanged for credit meters, but you'd likely have to pay for that work to be carried out.

Once exchanged you'd be able to switch to Pure Planet by getting a quote and completing the switch as usual

If you're currently on supply with Pure Planet, when you move out you just need to select 'moving out?' in the account section of your app/at purepla.net

• hi brad
    just to clarify you can't "move" a PP account you have to close it at the old property and as Nat says switch in at the new one (once meters sorted).
    You could ask the current owners if they are prepared to have meters changed to credit mode? If not ask them who supplies them now and you can do some preparatory digging...(without a spade)
    Quote Originally Posted by BradtheMiller View Post
    I may or may not be moving home at the end of July but the fact that the property I want to move into has pre-payment meters could just be a dealbreaker.

Ian
  • hi brad
    just to clarify you can't "move" a PP account you have to close it at the old property and as Nat says switch in at the new one (once meters sorted).
    You could ask the current owners if they are prepared to have meters changed to credit mode? If not ask them who supplies them now and you can do some preparatory digging...(without a spade)
    Quote Originally Posted by BradtheMiller View Post

Ian