• IHD wifi module

Had my smart meters fitted yesterday and received the Geo Trio II IHD. One thing I noticed when poking through the settings is that it doesn't have the WiFi module to allow it to be monitored remotely (I'm a bit of a gadget freak ). Couldn't find where to buy the module online so pinged Geo who told me that my energy supplier should be able to provide me with one.

Anyone know how to get hold of one? Doesn't appear to be covered in the FAQ.

​Thanks, Chris
  • Had my smart meters fitted yesterday and received the Geo Trio II IHD. One thing I noticed when poking through the settings is that it doesn't have the WiFi module to allow it to be monitored remotely (I'm a bit of a gadget freak ). Couldn't find where to buy the module online so pinged Geo who told me that my energy supplier should be able to provide me with one.

Anyone know how to get hold of one? Doesn't appear to be covered in the FAQ.

​Thanks, Chris

• Hi ScoobyChris,
    Welcome to the community.

The subject of the WiFi module has been mentioned a few times, with someone asking if PP could supply the module. The reply was that PP want to sort the basics of smart meter installations first. But never say never., I'm sure it will come up again as there are a few members that are interested.
  • Hi ScoobyChris,

The subject of the WiFi module has been mentioned a few times, with someone asking if PP could supply the module. The reply was that PP want to sort the basics of smart meter installations first. But never say never., I'm sure it will come up again as there are a few members that are interested.

• Quote Originally Posted by Duppy View Post
    Hi ScoobyChris,

Yep I was one of them!

It does seem that Geotogether do have a REST API for their products. See - https://www.geotogether.com/products...marter-energy/ so all we need is the module.
  • Quote Originally Posted by Duppy View Post
    Hi ScoobyChris,

Yep I was one of them!

It does seem that Geotogether do have a REST API for their products. See - https://www.geotogether.com/products...marter-energy/ so all we need is the module.

• one can but ask....
    Quote Originally Posted by jelockwood View Post
    Yep I was one of them!

• one can but ask....
    Quote Originally Posted by jelockwood View Post
    Yep I was one of them!

• Quote Originally Posted by jelockwood View Post
    Yep I was one of them!

Yep exactly. Was expecting to find the modules on somewhere like eBay but seems their distribution is closely guarded! I’ve asked customer services and will see what they say.

Chris
  • Quote Originally Posted by jelockwood View Post
    Yep I was one of them!

Yep exactly. Was expecting to find the modules on somewhere like eBay but seems their distribution is closely guarded! I’ve asked customer services and will see what they say.

Chris

• PP seem to have plans (IIRC) that they'll show usage data in the App (which makes sense) - but that cam come from Smart Meter->PP->your account

That seems better than dealing with wifi installation per customer. And will still allow PP to show usage data to those who ditch the IHD (which I will do as soon as the app/account has the details)
  • PP seem to have plans (IIRC) that they'll show usage data in the App (which makes sense) - but that cam come from Smart Meter->PP->your account

That seems better than dealing with wifi installation per customer. And will still allow PP to show usage data to those who ditch the IHD (which I will do as soon as the app/account has the details)

• Quote Originally Posted by Jowl View Post
    PP seem to have plans (IIRC) that they'll show usage data in the App (which makes sense) - but that cam come from Smart Meter->PP->your account

The approach you detail above is -

1. Unlikely to provide as frequent an update of data
    2. Not be able to be integrated to other smart home systems.

In theory if you were monitoring locally with a smart home system you could have an automation rule that either sent an alert on spotting an increase in energy usage or could automatically turn smart power sockets off. Other possibilities I am sure would also be 'invented'.
  • Quote Originally Posted by Jowl View Post
    PP seem to have plans (IIRC) that they'll show usage data in the App (which makes sense) - but that cam come from Smart Meter->PP->your account

The approach you detail above is -

1. Unlikely to provide as frequent an update of data
    2. Not be able to be integrated to other smart home systems.

In theory if you were monitoring locally with a smart home system you could have an automation rule that either sent an alert on spotting an increase in energy usage or could automatically turn smart power sockets off. Other possibilities I am sure would also be 'invented'.

• Agreed. But it does make it a lot easier for PP to manage for ALL customers.

Perhaps a wireless module could become an option extra. Maybe they'll even include it (or activate it) in future. And if so, can we have IFTTT support please
  • Agreed. But it does make it a lot easier for PP to manage for ALL customers.

Perhaps a wireless module could become an option extra. Maybe they'll even include it (or activate it) in future. And if so, can we have IFTTT support please