• Renewable gas

Hello, as a new customer I am sure the answer to my question is already here somewhere but struggled to find it, so apologies for asking again.
    Why do PP choose to supply offset natural gas rather than renewable gas? As I understand renewable/green gas is a product of anaerobic digestors ie food waste?
    Thanks
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Hello, as a new customer I am sure the answer to my question is already here somewhere but struggled to find it, so apologies for asking again.
    Why do PP choose to supply offset natural gas rather than renewable gas? As I understand renewable/green gas is a product of anaerobic digestors ie food waste?
    Thanks
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hi there
    As this is your first post, welcome to the Pure Planet community!

When you post here you are talking to your fellow customers, but I suspect @Marc Will see this and reply on behalf of the company.

I found this interesting comment;

The United Kingdom has more than 90 plants producing biomethane green gas for the national gas grid, according to a recent industry report. While this may not seem that impressive, it is worth noting that Britain has doubled the number of biogas plants since 2015. Increasing the number of biomethane-producing green gas plants is the only credible way of sustainably expanding energy capacity without having to resort to imported gas or depend on fracking.

So there isn't much to use at the moment, but hopefully supply is still increasing

Stephen
  • Hi there
    As this is your first post, welcome to the Pure Planet community!

When you post here you are talking to your fellow customers, but I suspect @Marc Will see this and reply on behalf of the company.

I found this interesting comment;

The United Kingdom has more than 90 plants producing biomethane green gas for the national gas grid, according to a recent industry report. While this may not seem that impressive, it is worth noting that Britain has doubled the number of biogas plants since 2015. Increasing the number of biomethane-producing green gas plants is the only credible way of sustainably expanding energy capacity without having to resort to imported gas or depend on fracking.

So there isn't much to use at the moment, but hopefully supply is still increasing

Stephen

• Thank you Stephen
  • Thank you Stephen