• test post unable to delete this

unable to delete post, delete option has disappeared?
    Name:  ed-del.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  9.4 KB
    Last edited by woz; 01-07-19 at 20:34. Reason: attempting delete argghhh
  • unable to delete post, delete option has disappeared?
    Name:  ed-del.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  9.4 KB
  • Stranger still just checked a later post and this one and the option to delete was/is now there,
    ​To clarify i was in edit post mode in my original post here - is there some rule to this?
    Last edited by woz; 02-07-19 at 01:15.
  • Stranger still just checked a later post and this one and the option to delete was/is now there,
    ​To clarify i was in edit post mode in my original post here - is there some rule to this?
  • Morning @woz
    Yes, there's a time limit on deleting a post. About two minutes after posting it.
    It's so that threads make sense (in theory, ha! . You could imagine threads/replies becoming v hard to follow if anyone could delete an old post at any time.
    Obviously older posts can be deleted by community managers. We only do that if something's been flagged up as having a profanity in it, for example.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Morning @woz
    Yes, there's a time limit on deleting a post. About two minutes after posting it.
    It's so that threads make sense (in theory, ha! . You could imagine threads/replies becoming v hard to follow if anyone could delete an old post at any time.
    Obviously older posts can be deleted by community managers. We only do that if something's been flagged up as having a profanity in it, for example.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Thanks.
    ​Interesting, maybe more than 2 mins passed, I thought I'd tried to delete it straight away but I recognise that woztime is unrelated to realtime...
    Thinking about it I'm sure I've previously deleted posts in edit mode well after 2 mins has passed...anyway no matter, I was testing a shared link but it didn't do what I wanted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Morning @woz
    Last edited by woz; 02-07-19 at 13:00.
  • Thanks.
    ​Interesting, maybe more than 2 mins passed, I thought I'd tried to delete it straight away but I recognise that woztime is unrelated to realtime...
    Thinking about it I'm sure I've previously deleted posts in edit mode well after 2 mins has passed...anyway no matter, I was testing a shared link but it didn't do what I wanted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Morning @woz