• Little change in tariffs

Whilst Pure Planet has always had good pricing I now find that on comparison websites I have many offers now much cheaper.

At the same time I also believe that Natural Gas prices have generally continued to decline over the second quarter but we have seen no reduction in the tariff.

This could be because of the hedging program they undertake but it doesn't ring true with their reduced prices passed to the consumer
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Whilst Pure Planet has always had good pricing I now find that on comparison websites I have many offers now much cheaper.

At the same time I also believe that Natural Gas prices have generally continued to decline over the second quarter but we have seen no reduction in the tariff.

This could be because of the hedging program they undertake but it doesn't ring true with their reduced prices passed to the consumer
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hello Comboss,

Welcome to the community on this fine sunny day.

PP reduced their gas prices on the 8th May by 6% and prior to that reduced members fee back in February.
    Does your supplier' check compare like for like when it comes to both fuels clean energy credentials.
    I know that one company often is cheaper than PP, but does not offer the full clean energy package, and is regularly reported for poor service.

We all have our needs, our tolerance levels on why we would need to switch.
    I believe in a patient monitoring approach, if the clean energy deal remains a competitive tariff, if the support is brilliant, if you get a great feel about the company on what they are delivering, then it would take a sustained combined reason for me wanting to switch.

Procurement of energy re the hedging affect is no doubt complicated.
    I can only suggest that much thought goes into this daily grind leading to tariff decisions.
    If PP were to rashly match every other suppliers market move, would (in my view) not be a sensible business approach, because many other suppliers have gone out of business with a failed business modal.

Obviously cost is key, but jumping ship without allowing some time to pass may not end up in money and time saved.

We all appreciate the benefits of this community that PP set up so that we can discuss our concerns and resource a pool of information which may not be readily available with another supplier.

All the best
  • Hello Comboss,

Welcome to the community on this fine sunny day.

PP reduced their gas prices on the 8th May by 6% and prior to that reduced members fee back in February.
    Does your supplier' check compare like for like when it comes to both fuels clean energy credentials.
    I know that one company often is cheaper than PP, but does not offer the full clean energy package, and is regularly reported for poor service.

We all have our needs, our tolerance levels on why we would need to switch.
    I believe in a patient monitoring approach, if the clean energy deal remains a competitive tariff, if the support is brilliant, if you get a great feel about the company on what they are delivering, then it would take a sustained combined reason for me wanting to switch.

Procurement of energy re the hedging affect is no doubt complicated.
    I can only suggest that much thought goes into this daily grind leading to tariff decisions.
    If PP were to rashly match every other suppliers market move, would (in my view) not be a sensible business approach, because many other suppliers have gone out of business with a failed business modal.

Obviously cost is key, but jumping ship without allowing some time to pass may not end up in money and time saved.

We all appreciate the benefits of this community that PP set up so that we can discuss our concerns and resource a pool of information which may not be readily available with another supplier.

All the best