• Sending meter readings no longer required after smart meter?

Hi,

Silly question really to which I don't know the answer

My smart meter will be installed in August (hurray!) Do I ever have to send meter readings after they?

Hope everyone is keeping well.
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Hi,

Silly question really to which I don't know the answer

My smart meter will be installed in August (hurray!) Do I ever have to send meter readings after they?

Hope everyone is keeping well.
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

As it's my statement day,which I haven't yet received, I thought I'd check the app usage tab. After giving my readings yesterday, there is an "actual " reading for today that I didn't send in as well as yesterdays, so they are receiving the data. It's a pity the gas reading doesn't show as no readings since middle of May when I sent a reading before smart meter fitting.
  • As it's my statement day,which I haven't yet received, I thought I'd check the app usage tab. After giving my readings yesterday, there is an "actual " reading for today that I didn't send in as well as yesterdays, so they are receiving the data. It's a pity the gas reading doesn't show as no readings since middle of May when I sent a reading before smart meter fitting.

• Hi Gabolino,
    Not a silly question at all, I had a smart meter fitted exactly one month ago (28th ). My statement date is the 1st and my app is asking for meter readings. Also I didn't get a statement for May, and my gas closing reading as yet is not showing on the app
    Last edited by Duppy; 28-06-19 at 18:07. Reason: Misspelled name
  • Hi Gabolino,
    Not a silly question at all, I had a smart meter fitted exactly one month ago (28th ). My statement date is the 1st and my app is asking for meter readings. Also I didn't get a statement for May, and my gas closing reading as yet is not showing on the app

• Hmmm. My assumption was these devices were going to send info to Pure Planet automatically. Kind of confused now
  • Hmmm. My assumption was these devices were going to send info to Pure Planet automatically. Kind of confused now

• That's what I thought, maybe the gas meter isn't on database yet as no readings on new or old meter showing on app, they could also be checking that info received is correct and comparing auto and manual readings, but that's a guess. I'll have to wait and see.

Just to add, I did send my closing readings to PP via Wattbot, but they replied, thanks but the readings are sent to them via the installer
    Last edited by Duppy; 29-06-19 at 00:17.
  • That's what I thought, maybe the gas meter isn't on database yet as no readings on new or old meter showing on app, they could also be checking that info received is correct and comparing auto and manual readings, but that's a guess. I'll have to wait and see.

Just to add, I did send my closing readings to PP via Wattbot, but they replied, thanks but the readings are sent to them via the installer