• Cant message wattbot

I'm trying to message the team to request credit back but my messages aren't sending and staying in the written text box.
  • I'm trying to message the team to request credit back but my messages aren't sending and staying in the written text box.

• After typing the message,are you tapping the paper aeroplane icon on the right of the text box
  • After typing the message,are you tapping the paper aeroplane icon on the right of the text box

• I'm having the same issue as well. Definitely pressing the correct send button.
  • I'm having the same issue as well. Definitely pressing the correct send button.

• Hey @Legereness and @Ctcamm

Can you confirm whether you're using web or the app?

Are you able to tap the aeroplane icon, or does it not let you?
    • The first snow of winter arrives! β›„ Have you had snow yet?
    • Wondering how to keep Christmas eco-friendly? We're sharing our top tipsπŸ’šπŸŽ…β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹
    • Enter your photos in November's photo challenge - Illuminations βœ¨β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹
    • How much do you know about renewable energy?πŸ€”β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹ Find out in our quiz!
  • Hey @Legereness and @Ctcamm

• The first snow of winter arrives! β›„ Have you had snow yet?
    • Wondering how to keep Christmas eco-friendly? We're sharing our top tipsπŸ’šπŸŽ…β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹
    • Enter your photos in November's photo challenge - Illuminations βœ¨β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹
    • How much do you know about renewable energy?πŸ€”β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹ Find out in our quiz!

• Quote Originally Posted by Nataly View Post
    Hey @Legereness and @Ctcamm

I'm using the app. It registers that I tap the paperplane but doesn't do anything
  • Quote Originally Posted by Nataly View Post
    Hey @Legereness and @Ctcamm

I'm using the app. It registers that I tap the paperplane but doesn't do anything

• Hi @Legereness and @Ctcamm

Sorry you're having this problem when using WattBot. Could I ask if you're connecting to the internet via wi-fi on your phone (and if that's at home or work)? If you can temporarily switch wi-fi off on your device, it should then connect via the 3G/4G/5G network. Let me know if this allows you to send a message to WattBot. There might be some setting blocking WattBot from working over your wi-fi connection and we will investigate this further.
  • Hi @Legereness and @Ctcamm

Sorry you're having this problem when using WattBot. Could I ask if you're connecting to the internet via wi-fi on your phone (and if that's at home or work)? If you can temporarily switch wi-fi off on your device, it should then connect via the 3G/4G/5G network. Let me know if this allows you to send a message to WattBot. There might be some setting blocking WattBot from working over your wi-fi connection and we will investigate this further.

• I have tried wifi on it's own, 4G on it's own, and both together. The message still won't send to Wattbot.
  • I have tried wifi on it's own, 4G on it's own, and both together. The message still won't send to Wattbot.

• This seems to have started with the app update, I'm on 7.20.3 (scroll to menu bottom for version) and mine is working ok.
    perhaps try deleting app, restarting phone and reloading app?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ctcamm View Post
    I have tried wifi on it's own, 4G on it's own, and both together. The message still won't send to Wattbot.
    Last edited by woz; 29-06-19 at 16:45.
  • This seems to have started with the app update, I'm on 7.20.3 (scroll to menu bottom for version) and mine is working ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ctcamm View Post
    I have tried wifi on it's own, 4G on it's own, and both together. The message still won't send to Wattbot.

• Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    This seems to have started with the app update, I'm on 7.2.0.3 (scroll to menu bottom for version) and mine is working ok.
    Weird......Name:  20190629_173038.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  20.6 KB
  • Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    This seems to have started with the app update, I'm on 7.2.0.3 (scroll to menu bottom for version) and mine is working ok.

• update not reached you yet.?..
    disregard this post see below update has not reached me yet, which is what i typed originally then changed it!
    Name:  7203.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  8.3 KBName:  noupdate.jpg
Size:  23.3 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon1 View Post
    Last edited by woz; 29-06-19 at 17:46.
  • update not reached you yet.?..
    disregard this post see below update has not reached me yet, which is what i typed originally then changed it!
    Name:  7203.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  8.3 KBName:  noupdate.jpg
Size:  23.3 KB

• Not sure about this one woz. Last update 26th. Is 20 not newer than 3?
  • Not sure about this one woz. Last update 26th. Is 20 not newer than 3?

• ohhh I'm not sure now!! The app store isn't offering me an update so presumed 7.20.3 was higher than 7.20.16. ooohhh, anyone else like to check?
    Sometimes the app store does take a while to update...I'll be back in a min..
    I think you are correct, just checked my updates and it hasn't updated recently, what date did yours update?
    Suggestion. (I admit to being stupid, should have checked first but busy trying to wreck my new computer...)
    Mine should have been named 7.20.03 then it would have been a lot clearer, I hope they take this on board. 7.20.16 is obviously higher than 7.20.03.
    ​Stick to convention!
    the upshot being my test is valid pre-update, I'll test again if it updates.

Not sure about this one woz. Last update 26th. Is 20 not newer than 3?
    Last edited by woz; 29-06-19 at 17:44.
  • ohhh I'm not sure now!! The app store isn't offering me an update so presumed 7.20.3 was higher than 7.20.16. ooohhh, anyone else like to check?
    Sometimes the app store does take a while to update...I'll be back in a min..
    I think you are correct, just checked my updates and it hasn't updated recently, what date did yours update?
    Suggestion. (I admit to being stupid, should have checked first but busy trying to wreck my new computer...)
    Mine should have been named 7.20.03 then it would have been a lot clearer, I hope they take this on board. 7.20.16 is obviously higher than 7.20.03.
    ​Stick to convention!
    the upshot being my test is valid pre-update, I'll test again if it updates.

Not sure about this one woz. Last update 26th. Is 20 not newer than 3?

• Hey Woz,

The real issue is that PP didn't warn about the latest update which was only a day or so after the 7.20.3
    Gray4276
  • Hey Woz,

The real issue is that PP didn't warn about the latest update which was only a day or so after the 7.20.3
    Gray4276

• Mines 7.20.3, is there a newer one then?
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • Mines 7.20.3, is there a newer one then?
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN

• Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post
    Mines 7.20.3, is there a newer one then?

Ooohh maybe i phone and android have slightly differant versions ?
  • Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post
    Mines 7.20.3, is there a newer one then?

• Yeah I've tried uninstalling rebooying and reinstalling and I still can't send a message to wattbot. On version 7.20.16
  • Yeah I've tried uninstalling rebooying and reinstalling and I still can't send a message to wattbot. On version 7.20.16

• Nataly said.on..26-06-19, 16:22
    Hey everyone, another update for you!

We released an app update for Android devices today with various bug fixes.

We're looking to release an update for iOS tomorrow, I'll let you know here once this goes ahead

For now you'll see that the option to send a photo via WattBot has been removed (while we're working on a fix) - if the team do need a photo from you, they'll provide an email address to send these through to

• Nataly said.on..26-06-19, 16:22
    Hey everyone, another update for you!

We released an app update for Android devices today with various bug fixes.

We're looking to release an update for iOS tomorrow, I'll let you know here once this goes ahead

For now you'll see that the option to send a photo via WattBot has been removed (while we're working on a fix) - if the team do need a photo from you, they'll provide an email address to send these through to