• Seg payment for solar

Are pure planet going to pay a seg payment to customers who have fitted solar panels ?
    If so when will this be and what export rate will you be paining?
  • Are pure planet going to pay a seg payment to customers who have fitted solar panels ?

• hi Petermehemet
    PP don't at the moment, I believe it's under development/review, but then it is an obligation for this to be in place by the beginning of next year for suppliers with more than 150,000 customers. I don't know if PP will be in that category.
    I don't know what the expected time-scale is for PP, I'm sure someone will come along with more info is there is any to be had.
    ​@marc
    ​@nataly

Quote Originally Posted by Petermehmet View Post
    Are pure planet going to pay a seg payment to customers who have fitted solar panels ?
    Last edited by woz; 28-06-19 at 14:31.
  • hi Petermehemet
    PP don't at the moment, I believe it's under development/review, but then it is an obligation for this to be in place by the beginning of next year for suppliers with more than 150,000 customers. I don't know if PP will be in that category.
    I don't know what the expected time-scale is for PP, I'm sure someone will come along with more info is there is any to be had.
    ​@marc
    ​@nataly

Quote Originally Posted by Petermehmet View Post

• octopus have already got it organised!
  • octopus have already got it organised!

• Quote Originally Posted by GeoffM View Post
    octopus have already got it organised!
    It would be fascinating to know how many customers they have with a smart meter that works with solar panels! Their CEO admits they are struggling to install smart meters - they are having the same problems as everyone else, it would seem.
  • Quote Originally Posted by GeoffM View Post
    octopus have already got it organised!
    It would be fascinating to know how many customers they have with a smart meter that works with solar panels! Their CEO admits they are struggling to install smart meters - they are having the same problems as everyone else, it would seem.

• I believe octopus and bulb are already offering a SEG payment. However all suppliers with an increased 250000 customers will have to offer one by 1/1/20. Provided you have a smart meter capable of giving readings every 30 mins.your not currently collecting FIT payments. You can only get SEG payments from your supplier and you will only be allowed to switch suppliers once every 12 months.
    But it will proberly all change by the start date and that proberly includes the start date changing.

* bulb 50 customer trials only
    Octopus 5.5p kwh paid.
    Last edited by Jon1; 10-07-19 at 08:20.
  • I believe octopus and bulb are already offering a SEG payment. However all suppliers with an increased 250000 customers will have to offer one by 1/1/20. Provided you have a smart meter capable of giving readings every 30 mins.your not currently collecting FIT payments. You can only get SEG payments from your supplier and you will only be allowed to switch suppliers once every 12 months.
    But it will proberly all change by the start date and that proberly includes the start date changing.

* bulb 50 customer trials only
    Octopus 5.5p kwh paid.