Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

• Asbestos

I just want to highlight something that my husband saw recently.

A couple of weeks ago my husband was on one of his cycling routes and saw a substantial amount of dumped asbestos on some land near an unkept pond.

He called our local council to report it thinking they would address it. However, when he explained where it was, the council said they can't do anything about it as it was on private land. My husband said he thinks it's going to be buried on the land, the council still was not interested.

He cycled the same route 2 days later, the asbestos had been buried into the pond!

It's not quite clear who owns this land as there are many country estates in this rural area.

I was surprised in this day and age of environmental consciousness that there seems to be no enforcement to stop people basically doing what they like with asbestos on their own private land.

Unless someone knows different...?
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • I just want to highlight something that my husband saw recently.

A couple of weeks ago my husband was on one of his cycling routes and saw a substantial amount of dumped asbestos on some land near an unkept pond.

He called our local council to report it thinking they would address it. However, when he explained where it was, the council said they can't do anything about it as it was on private land. My husband said he thinks it's going to be buried on the land, the council still was not interested.

He cycled the same route 2 days later, the asbestos had been buried into the pond!

It's not quite clear who owns this land as there are many country estates in this rural area.

I was surprised in this day and age of environmental consciousness that there seems to be no enforcement to stop people basically doing what they like with asbestos on their own private land.

Unless someone knows different...?
    Tap below to see the best answer