• Unable to install Smart Meter due to old porcelain fuse

So I had my installation booked for this morning but the installer said I would have to get the old porcelain fuse replaced as it was too old and possibly contains asbestos? He mentioned "C17" and that we would report this back to PP. He said I should get a free upgrade of the fuse installed first before installing a Smart Meter.

Another complication is that the new meter is physically larger and won't fit where the current meter is sited as it is surrounded by other fuse boxes and switches and there is no physical space for the larger box. His suggestion was that the meter should be moved to the outside wall at the same time as the new fuse is fitted - is this possible?
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • So I had my installation booked for this morning but the installer said I would have to get the old porcelain fuse replaced as it was too old and possibly contains asbestos? He mentioned "C17" and that we would report this back to PP. He said I should get a free upgrade of the fuse installed first before installing a Smart Meter.

Another complication is that the new meter is physically larger and won't fit where the current meter is sited as it is surrounded by other fuse boxes and switches and there is no physical space for the larger box. His suggestion was that the meter should be moved to the outside wall at the same time as the new fuse is fitted - is this possible?
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Good Morning Brook,

Welcome to the community.

Listen out for other customer members knowledge and feedback.

In the mean time and importantly to get this moving you should send the same message to PP's members service team so that PP's HQ get start to process your situation.

So go to the APP (or web) - Open help - open ask wattBot - and then first type "Message the Team" and post your message.
    At this stage you also have the facility to attached images if PP ask for something later on.
    A response with 2 days or sooner (only had to wait 2 hours yesterday), but factor in the weekend.
    A text will be sent to look back at the bot as a prompt if you have not seen the response.

Good luck and hope you get the right solution
  • Good Morning Brook,

Welcome to the community.

Listen out for other customer members knowledge and feedback.

In the mean time and importantly to get this moving you should send the same message to PP's members service team so that PP's HQ get start to process your situation.

So go to the APP (or web) - Open help - open ask wattBot - and then first type "Message the Team" and post your message.
    At this stage you also have the facility to attached images if PP ask for something later on.
    A response with 2 days or sooner (only had to wait 2 hours yesterday), but factor in the weekend.
    A text will be sent to look back at the bot as a prompt if you have not seen the response.

Good luck and hope you get the right solution

• Hello @brookheather and welcome to the community.

This forum is mainly used by other customers such as yourself.

I guess the installer will report back to Pure Planet, but it wouldn't hurt for you to also contact them directly as they are keen to learn of any installation issues prior to full roll out of smart meters.

To get the attention of Pure Planet, from the app select Help and use WattBot. It is important that the first line of text you enter reads 'Message the team' as this will alert a Pure Planet member of staff that some human intervention is required. You can then explain that you wish to change your monthly payments and you will get a response within 1 workings day.
  • Hello @brookheather and welcome to the community.

This forum is mainly used by other customers such as yourself.

I guess the installer will report back to Pure Planet, but it wouldn't hurt for you to also contact them directly as they are keen to learn of any installation issues prior to full roll out of smart meters.

To get the attention of Pure Planet, from the app select Help and use WattBot. It is important that the first line of text you enter reads 'Message the team' as this will alert a Pure Planet member of staff that some human intervention is required. You can then explain that you wish to change your monthly payments and you will get a response within 1 workings day.

• Thanks - I have sent a message to the PP team.
  • Thanks - I have sent a message to the PP team.

• Hi brookheather.
    This may and proberly is a job for your DNO as its the main cable fuse (i think) so only they will be able to change it. They would also need to be tge ones that move it to outside.
  • Hi brookheather.
    This may and proberly is a job for your DNO as its the main cable fuse (i think) so only they will be able to change it. They would also need to be tge ones that move it to outside.