• Cancel payment to old suppliers

Do I need to cancel the instructions to pay old suppliers?
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Do I need to cancel the instructions to pay old suppliers?
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

hi Josie
    not a good idea to cancel the dd, it will cause more work for you, but also you may need to contact them. It depends on what the state of your account is when it closes and where in the month your direct debits are taken. You probably won't get the final bill for some weeks after you've switched To explain...
    If you cancel the direct debit and your final bill ends up being a refund, and they owe you, they won't be able to refund you unless you contact them to tell them where to pay to.
    HOWEVER, you may find they take a full payment if it's due even after you switched and even if your account is in credit so you could end up paying 2 direct debits in the same month. (If your account is in significant arrears it isn't unreasonable for them to take the DD). PP will take the first payment the day you switch.
    I would contact them after you start your switch, give them some readings and ask them to reduce the DD or not take it if you're in good credit, and leave the dd in place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Josie Inwood View Post
  • hi Josie
    not a good idea to cancel the dd, it will cause more work for you, but also you may need to contact them. It depends on what the state of your account is when it closes and where in the month your direct debits are taken. You probably won't get the final bill for some weeks after you've switched To explain...
    If you cancel the direct debit and your final bill ends up being a refund, and they owe you, they won't be able to refund you unless you contact them to tell them where to pay to.
    HOWEVER, you may find they take a full payment if it's due even after you switched and even if your account is in credit so you could end up paying 2 direct debits in the same month. (If your account is in significant arrears it isn't unreasonable for them to take the DD). PP will take the first payment the day you switch.
    I would contact them after you start your switch, give them some readings and ask them to reduce the DD or not take it if you're in good credit, and leave the dd in place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Josie Inwood View Post