• Loggong in

It happens to all companies sooner or later - the IT dept. screw up - as here at Pure Planet. What was a straightforward: open app, provide meter readings, close app is now just a pleasant memory.

App has disappeared from my phone, online invitation to login just brings me to the invitation to get a quote. I might just get a quote - from a different energy company. Sort it.
  • It happens to all companies sooner or later - the IT dept. screw up - as here at Pure Planet. What was a straightforward: open app, provide meter readings, close app is now just a pleasant memory.

App has disappeared from my phone, online invitation to login just brings me to the invitation to get a quote. I might just get a quote - from a different energy company. Sort it.

• Hi csrk,

Welcome to the Community Forum for PP customers.
    Sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your ability to log in.....or as you call it "Loggong in".

It is also possible that the cause of the issue lies with your own equipment......old or incompatible devices may have difficulty in connecting with newer versions of applications. I have had no issues personally with the latest "updates" to the PP App......my devices are relatively new however.

Is your complaint about the PP App......or about the brand new web version of PP.

Perhaps you could provide a little bit more background information on your particular issue, then I'm sure our fellow Community Forum members will be only too willing to offer assistance.
    ​
    I don't really think that leaving PP is necessarily the correct course of action to take......it's entirely possible that your particular problem can be easily resolved.
    Gray4276
  • Hi csrk,

Welcome to the Community Forum for PP customers.
    Sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your ability to log in.....or as you call it "Loggong in".

It is also possible that the cause of the issue lies with your own equipment......old or incompatible devices may have difficulty in connecting with newer versions of applications. I have had no issues personally with the latest "updates" to the PP App......my devices are relatively new however.

Is your complaint about the PP App......or about the brand new web version of PP.

Perhaps you could provide a little bit more background information on your particular issue, then I'm sure our fellow Community Forum members will be only too willing to offer assistance.
    ​
    I don't really think that leaving PP is necessarily the correct course of action to take......it's entirely possible that your particular problem can be easily resolved.
    Gray4276

• Hey @csrk

What device/software are you using?

You can also log in and manage your account at purepla.net to enter your meter readings in the meantime
    • The first snow of winter arrives! β›„ Have you had snow yet?
    • Wondering how to keep Christmas eco-friendly? We're sharing our top tipsπŸ’šπŸŽ…β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹
    • Enter your photos in November's photo challenge - Illuminations βœ¨β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹
    • How much do you know about renewable energy?πŸ€”β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹ Find out in our quiz!
  • Hey @csrk

What device/software are you using?

You can also log in and manage your account at purepla.net to enter your meter readings in the meantime
    • The first snow of winter arrives! β›„ Have you had snow yet?
    • Wondering how to keep Christmas eco-friendly? We're sharing our top tipsπŸ’šπŸŽ…β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹
    • Enter your photos in November's photo challenge - Illuminations βœ¨β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹
    • How much do you know about renewable energy?πŸ€”β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹ Find out in our quiz!

• hi csrk
    ​In addition to Nataly's reply, I don't know for sure but I would have thought that the app disappearing was symptomatic of a phone issue.
    Apps don't just disappear, so something has gone wrong when it's updated.
    If there are any vestiges of the app on your phone delete them, restart phone download the app and log in again if you can. If not post back
    In the meanwhile as Nataly's polite reply you can go online, but if you do download the app on your phone you won't be able to use the phone's browser, you'll have to use a PC or device which the app is not on.
    (if the app is on the phone..a case in point which upholds my previous moan that having the app shouldn't prevent the use of the browser on the phone, but that's one for another day.)
    There may be a bug at PP's end but as far as I know, so far there haven't been any other reports of disappearing apps so it's a bit early in the day to accuse the IT dept of screwing up (which I'm sure they do lots of times), but I prefer to have evidence before I go in all guns blazing.
    I'll add politely that your message comes across as being rather errr..impolite, but I'll put that down to frustration. Although admin do answer posts the community is mostly populated by helpful happy customers giving freely of their time. I don't work for PP.

Quote Originally Posted by csrk View Post
    It happens to all companies sooner or later - the IT dept. screw up - as here at Pure Planet. What was a straightforward: open app, provide meter readings, close app is now just a pleasant memory.

• hi csrk
    ​In addition to Nataly's reply, I don't know for sure but I would have thought that the app disappearing was symptomatic of a phone issue.
    Apps don't just disappear, so something has gone wrong when it's updated.
    If there are any vestiges of the app on your phone delete them, restart phone download the app and log in again if you can. If not post back
    In the meanwhile as Nataly's polite reply you can go online, but if you do download the app on your phone you won't be able to use the phone's browser, you'll have to use a PC or device which the app is not on.
    (if the app is on the phone..a case in point which upholds my previous moan that having the app shouldn't prevent the use of the browser on the phone, but that's one for another day.)
    There may be a bug at PP's end but as far as I know, so far there haven't been any other reports of disappearing apps so it's a bit early in the day to accuse the IT dept of screwing up (which I'm sure they do lots of times), but I prefer to have evidence before I go in all guns blazing.
    I'll add politely that your message comes across as being rather errr..impolite, but I'll put that down to frustration. Although admin do answer posts the community is mostly populated by helpful happy customers giving freely of their time. I don't work for PP.

Quote Originally Posted by csrk View Post