• Change of meter

Hi,

I recently had my gas meter changed. The engineer said that my gas supplier would ask for 2 readings: the final reading from the old meter and the current reading from the new meter. When I was prompted by Pure Planet to submit last month’s reading I wasn’t given the option to submit 2 readings. So, my question is, how do you know how much gas I used when the readings in the 2 meters are different?

Thanks
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Hi,

I recently had my gas meter changed. The engineer said that my gas supplier would ask for 2 readings: the final reading from the old meter and the current reading from the new meter. When I was prompted by Pure Planet to submit last month’s reading I wasn’t given the option to submit 2 readings. So, my question is, how do you know how much gas I used when the readings in the 2 meters are different?

Thanks
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hi
    Have you had your statement yet?
    Does it show 2 gas meters?
    Normally the meter guys send the final meter reading o your old meter and the opening readong from your new one to PP.
    So that should show on your statement ..
  • Hi
    Have you had your statement yet?
    Does it show 2 gas meters?
    Normally the meter guys send the final meter reading o your old meter and the opening readong from your new one to PP.
    So that should show on your statement ..

• Best Answer

Hello DPS.
    The engineer should of left you a copy of the paperwork which will show the meter reading of your old meter and the opening reading on the new meter.
    The engineer should also send this information to the industry who then pass it onto PP. this can take a couple of weeks but once its filtered through the system then both those readings should show up in the app and your statement.
    When you give a reading now simply use the new reading from new meter.
    You can if you wish send a photo of the paperwork via wattbot, simply message the team and attach the photo.
    Keep all the paperwork until your have a statement confirming it all, you know just in case.
  • Hello DPS.
    The engineer should of left you a copy of the paperwork which will show the meter reading of your old meter and the opening reading on the new meter.
    The engineer should also send this information to the industry who then pass it onto PP. this can take a couple of weeks but once its filtered through the system then both those readings should show up in the app and your statement.
    When you give a reading now simply use the new reading from new meter.
    You can if you wish send a photo of the paperwork via wattbot, simply message the team and attach the photo.
    Keep all the paperwork until your have a statement confirming it all, you know just in case.

• Hi @DPS
    Welcome to the community! @Angelabikerbabe and @Jon1 are both spot on. The final old reading is sent by the engineer.
    You only need to send us the new reading from the new meter
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Hi @DPS
    Welcome to the community! @Angelabikerbabe and @Jon1 are both spot on. The final old reading is sent by the engineer.
    You only need to send us the new reading from the new meter
    Community Manager - Pure Planet